It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Another GLP refugee.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 12:46 AM
link   
Hello, I have heard of this site for a few months now. I have been a heavy reader of GLP. After a couple months I noticed a trend. BS, and fear mongering gets pinned. It is a fraud and I called Trinity out on his fraud, with his new fear mongering prank with the secret service after him, well I am now banned. And looking for a new place for my news. The only problem, is I'm having a hard time getting use to the non-traditional layout of forum posts. I guess I just need to give it time.

What frustrates me the most is being censored. We truthers want all the information, and we all have a right to post our thoughts without censorship. However, none of this really exists online and it is truely sad. What's really depressing is a conspiracy site has it's own conspiracy. Is there any hope for man-kind. Are we ALL corrupt?

edit on 1-7-2011 by Runfrombears because: More info

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 01:00 AM
link   
Welcome to ATS. You should enjoy your stay here. Remember the motto -- Deny Ignorance -- And you'll be just fine.

Some quick advice. If you want a more traditional view of the forum posts (list) then once you are logged in, look on the top bar for Forums. Once you are there you will be seeing a list of individual forum subjects. Hover over your topic of choice and look for the 'posts' link, this will take you to the list of posts you are used to seeing on other forums. You can also use the other options like 'new' to see all the new posts since the last time you checked.

Hope this helps a little.

Again WELCOME!

-Lightrule

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 01:08 AM
link   
Sup dude

I never got into GLP...sort of like dealing with random anonymous chaos more than anything...not my preference..

This site is a bit more organized and structured...it may take a few getting used to when your used to a different format, but once you "get it", then you will find its one of the better forums out there.

Ya, crappy things get pinned (flagged) here also and often some nonsense will be sent up to the front page and trend for a bit, but overall, it tends to favor quality over drama...

Some minor adjustments (before you scream about censorship)...don't try to circumvent the profanity filter...just be a bit more creative with your wording verses feel the undying need to swear. you can still say crap, but not the alternative #.

Don't attack or troll anyone directly...sure, attack a idea, attack an idology, but maintain a bit of respect towards one another...this is at times hard to do of course, but will get you in less trouble (this is the pot calling the kettle black btw...I occasionally get a post removed for being a bit of an ass).

couple no-no topics...mostly about drugs (kids are watching) or anything presented in an absurdly inapproprate manner..

And ya, leave the drama of GLP away from here...a semi-friendly community of totally paranoid individuals from all walks of life here...

Also, you may use the term "sheeple" only 3 times on this board before you are beaten with a trout...and "disinfo agent" 5 times before said fish gets a good smacking on you

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 01:14 AM
link   
Welcome, Moran Worker!

Just look at ATS, how well organized, professional, friendly, clean, and well-put-together it is. Just look at it!

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/b3109b16ceac.gif[/atsimg]

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 09:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by silent thunder
Welcome, Moran Worker!

Just look at ATS, how well organized, professional, friendly, clean, and well-put-together it is. Just look at it!

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/b3109b16ceac.gif[/atsimg]

Trinity is in full meltdown [atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/67f888c177db.gif[/atsimg] , very bizarre happenings over there right now, I predict GLP will not be around much longer.

In the meantime - [atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/57290b72a9a8.gif[/atsimg]

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/f2f8eae42625.gif[/atsimg]

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/728c7891d816.jpg[/atsimg]

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/f243287985ca.jpg[/atsimg]

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/854f7d084574.png[/atsimg]

OP - WELCOME TO ATS!

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 09:27 AM
link   
Thanks all for welcoming me

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 09:46 AM
link   
reply to post by Runfrombears

Welcome to ATS just leave your life raft by the side of the boat and someone will be along to gather it. Food is below deck and please remember to shut off the lights when you leave the room

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 09:51 AM
link   

Welcome to ATS and have Fun !!!

Plenty of threads here to keep one's paranoia busy....

Enjoy !

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 10:55 AM
link   

welcome,don't think of it as censorship think of it as a challenge or a different way of saying something or expanding your vocabulary.Again looking foreword to your uncensored thoughts and opinions.

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 02:09 PM
link   
Welcome to ATS. I hope you like it here. I have occasionally glanced at GLP but didn't like the format or the tone of most the posts. I started out here though, so maybe that taints my view. Anyway, I like it here. What are some of your interests?

posted on Jul, 2 2011 @ 03:02 AM
link   
I took a few days off from GLP only to return to find that there's the owner acting PARANOID over some stuff, which has not been 100% proven or have evidence to back up the reason for being paranoid on a public site.

I am a former GLPian as of now. Who really needs to be a "member" of a site where the owner would waffle back and fourth from good days to bad days.

I hope I can get my doom fix here and there here at ATS, trying to learn to navigate through ATS at the moment.... lol

posted on Jul, 2 2011 @ 04:01 PM
link   
GLP has been like that for a few years now. Left it a long time ago. I dont know if they still do, but was told they even was backdooring some nasty's into your computer. No idea of that. If it wasnt something that wasnt driving traffic hits on some end of the world doom, then you got pushed to page 5. I remember not too long ago, a guy was on there, had hundreds of thousands of hits to his thread. Great deal of respect and very level headed until one of Trinity's "govt hacks", everything was recovered but that one guys thread. So he started over, with hundreds of thousands of hits again, another "hack" hit and every thread was recovered but that guy's again. It didnt help that guy challenged the board on their BS stuff and proved alot of their doom wrong. Since then, I just stay away from there. Its like the National Enquirer on '___' the last time I was on there.

posted on Jul, 2 2011 @ 04:45 PM
link   
I read somewhere that if anyone posts about Hollie Greig on ATS that the post gets deleted so i put it to the test and it did not get deleted.

I also read here that if you say a word on GLP about ATS then out you go but again i put this to the test and nothing happened.

Silly because i belong to no tribe and will say what i want, when i want and where i want and when the mods here have been OTT i have made my feeling known on other boards just like the OP has done because it is our duty if we see unfair play to warn others.

Yes you can police the mods unlike our own police and thats why we are in the # we are.

posted on Jul, 2 2011 @ 10:45 PM
link   
I also got banned from GLP, for no apparent reason.

Welcome, ATS is much better, and seem to have a lot more intelligent people, who at least seem to convincingly debunk some of the crazier claims and theories

posted on Jul, 3 2011 @ 06:17 AM
link   
Hi, I too got banned from GLP for questioning Trinity's recent episode.
The funny thing was after I asked them on how to stop the automatic subscription of GLP from paypal account, they started to delete my thread and few threads of accusing me of somehow me trying to bring down GLP appeared on the site. As if I am going to do that from Japan ! lol

I have no remorse but I wished they allowed more freedom of speech!
How they handle things overthere is similar to N.Korean dictator.

edit on 3-7-2011 by X2012PORTAL because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 3 2011 @ 09:12 PM
link   
Welcome!

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 03:47 PM
link   
I had been a reader and an ocassional replier as an AC on GLP for YEARS! I'm not going back. Enough is enough. I don't know about everyone else but things are tight and I don't have extra money to give away.

I had a free account there, but posted as an AC because it simply felt safer to do so on that site. Too much back biting and rudeness tends to make a person want to be an anonymous coward.

When I visited ATS yesterday for the first time I was really impressed by the civility of the conversations here. The layout will take a bit of getting used to, but I truly believe this will be a better place

Thank you!

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 04:54 PM
link   
hello & welcome

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 05:18 PM
link   
and no smoking in the kitchen....the host has asked us politely not to!

and welcome. looking forward to interesting tidbits of info

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 05:25 PM
link   

Trinity is in full meltdown [atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/67f888c177db.gif[/atsimg] , very bizarre happenings over there right now, I predict GLP will not be around much longer.

Agreed. I just got banned over there (again) basically calling them out on the whole "pay to not get banned" scheme he's currently got going on. It's going down one way or another and he's trying to milk all he can out of it before it happens.

Oh, and welcome OP!
edit on 28-7-2011 by redtic because: added welcome

top topics

<<   2 >>

join