It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Charges Against Strauss-Khan to be Dropped?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 12:07 AM
link   
Well, the plot thickens...
(From CNN)

New York (CNN) --
Prosecutors have discovered troubling believability issues with the woman once called extremely credible in her sexual assault allegations against former International Monetary Fund Director Dominique Strauss-Kahn, an official familiar with the case told CNN late Thursday.
Based on these concerns, prosecutors called a meeting Thursday with Strauss-Kahn's defense team to disclose the issues discovered with the hotel housekeeper's allegations, the official said. The acknowledgment came shortly after an official close to the defense team told CNN there were "serious issues regarding the credibility" of a hotel maid who has accused Strauss-Kahn of sexual assault. Strauss-Kahn's defense team will ask for bail modifications at a court hearing slated for Friday morning, the official close to the defense team said. Earlier in the day, an official close to the defense team told CNN that Strauss-Kahn is asking a judge to modify his bail agreement, but would not elaborate on the details of the request. "Prosecutors will not object and, in fact, will ask for a bail reduction," said the official familiar with the case. NYPD Deputy Police Commissioner Paul Browne told CNN he had "no comment" on the alleged credibility issue with the witness. The New York Times, citing unnamed law enforcement officials, reported Thursday on its web site that the case against Strauss-Kahn was on the "verge of collapse as investigators have uncovered major holes in the credibility of the housekeeper." Strauss-Kahn pleaded not guilty June 6 to seven charges involving a May 14 incident in which a housekeeping employee at New York's Sofitel hotel accused him of sexual assault. In previous court appearances, the judge said that if Strauss-Kahn wanted to leave the city, he would require the court's permission. Strauss-Kahn, who says he is innocent, was previously required to turn over his French passport and United Nations travel credentials to authorities. Strauss-Kahn was released from jail on bail but is under house arrest in a luxury townhouse in New York's Tribeca neighborhood. He is under court-ordered watch as part of the terms of his $6 million bail agreement and must pay for 24-hour armed guards posted at the door, as well as electronic surveillance. Strauss-Kahn, who was considered a front-runner in France's presidential race before his arrest, faces charges that include criminal sexual acts and sexual abuse.

And just DAYS after the new IMF leader is appointed...
Hmmm....
edit on 1/7/2011 by drakus because: (no reason given)

edit on 1/7/2011 by drakus because: i am dumb

edit on 1/7/2011 by drakus because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 12:10 AM
link   
Or maybe he's just you know...innocent?

Maybe he's guilty but there isn't enough proof?

Not everything is a conspiracy. Remember that they went after Maddoff and got him so they'd have no problem taking down this guy if he's guilty.

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 12:19 AM
link   
I have no idea if he's innocent or not...
Did I implied i had?
Either case, that's not my issue, what i'm interested in is the power-struggle behind all this...

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 12:47 AM
link   
Of course he is innocent.
He has just been through a trial by media.
Thats all it takes to destroy an innocent, an adversity.

No smoke without fire, is the mobs view. TV and Main Stream Media Tools

DiscreditOrMurder, redruMrotidercsiD
Job done. Option B.
All's forgiven and forgotten now. But there is No Going Back I'm afraid, Mr. S-Khan.
Think of the publicity.

All the easier to achieve, when you own the media.

Was this not clear to most from the beginning?

Man. They are Winning by so much.

Fight or Flight? (Flight option may be withdrawn at any time now).
edit on 1-7-2011 by pshea38 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 02:50 AM
link   
Good find OP.

I understood that police and prosecutors had an iron clad case against him. And now conveniently they don't. And almost immediately after a new IMF leader is appointed. This is highly suspect to me. Yet, I knew this was going to happen. People in his power circle rarely face jail time.

I personally believe now that he was definitely set up for one reason or another. Most likely relating to his leadership role at the IMF. He is being let off the hook now that he is no longer a threat to whatever or whoever he was a threat to.

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 02:59 AM
link   
reply to post by kro32

Compare Bernard Madoff with Strauss-Khan?

How can a reasonable comparison be made between a low life Ponzi fraud and an influential IMF leader that was also running for the French presidency? I do not see any. This is about power - not money. Madoff did not have any international power and probably not even any legitimate US power. Madoff was a simple con man. A highly successful one at that, yet still a lowly crook. Madoff's blatant greed was his downfall. Anything suspicious happening with Strauss-Khan would be more related to a power struggle of some kind.

edit on 1-7-2011 by matito because:

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 04:14 PM
link   
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Originally posted by incrediblelousminds

more insight into why the Americans would have a vested interest in taking DSK down.

Dominique Strauss-Kahn Was Tying to Torpedo the Dollar

It's all about perception management. The media is trying to dig up as much dirt as they can on Dominique Strauss-Kahn so they can hang the man before he ever sees the inside of a courthouse. It reminds me of the Terry Schiavo case, where devoted-husband Michael was pegged as an insensitive slimeball for carrying out the explicit wishes of his brain-dead wife. Do you remember how the media conducted their disgraceful 24 hour-a-day Blitzkrieg with the endless coverage of weepy Christian fanatics on the front lawn of the hospital while Hannity, Limbaugh and O' Reilly fired away with their sanctimonious claptrap? And now you're telling me that that same media is just "doing their job?"

Give me a break. Whoever wants to nail IMF chief Dominique Strauss-Kahn has really pulled out all the stops. Their agents have been rummaging through diaries, hotel registries, phone records, yearbooks, yada, yada, yada. The UK Telegraph even paid a visit to a high-priced DC knocking shop to get a little dirt from Madame Botox; whatever it takes to make a randy banker look like the South Hill rapist. And they're doing a pretty good job, too.

The cops have made sure that the "Great Seducer" always appears handcuffed and dressed in a "pervie" raincoat with 3-days stubble before they parade him in front of the media. On Wednesday--more grist for the mill--they released his mug-shot, an unflattering, deadpan photo that makes him look like Jack-the-Ripper. Was that the intention?

www.informationclearinghouse.info...

Here's a clip from CNN Money:

"The International Monetary Fund issued a report Thursday on a possible replacement for the dollar as the world's reserve currency

. The IMF said Special Drawing Rights, or SDRs, could help stabilize the global financial system....SDRs represent potential claims on the currencies of IMF members.....

The IMF typically lends countries funds denominated in SDRs. While they are not a tangible currency, some economists argue that SDRs could be used as a less volatile alternative to the U.S. dollar. "Over time, there may also be a role for the SDR to contribute to a more stable international monetary system," he said.

The goal is to have a reserve asset for central banks that better reflects the global economy since the dollar is vulnerable to swings in the domestic economy and changes in U.S. policy. In addition to serving as a reserve currency, the IMF also proposed creating SDR-denominated bonds, which could reduce central banks' dependence on U.S. Treasuries. The Fund also suggested that certain assets, such as oil and gold, which are traded in U.S. dollars, could be priced using SDRs." ("IMF discusses dollar alternative", CNN Money)

money.cnn.com...

edit on 22-5-2011 by incrediblelousminds because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join