It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fresh ISS Footage - 6-30-2011 - Very Strange

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 11:08 PM
link   
I just captured this footage, the original is 22mins but I cut it down to 6 so we could get straight to the good stuff. Please watch in it's entirety, I have not added any extra clips to this one. At first glance one might think it is just a glare, but pay close attention as they play with the lighting. Can somebody please explain what the hell is going on out there, because this stuff is starting to freak me out a little. Enjoy.

edit on 30-6-2011 by RealTruthSeeker because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 11:09 PM
link   
Already a post on this.

www.abovetopsecret.com...
edit on 30-6-2011 by kro32 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 11:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by kro32
Already a post on this.

www.abovetopsecret.com...
edit on 30-6-2011 by kro32 because: (no reason given)

No, this video is brand new. I just recorded it a few minutes ago.

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 11:21 PM
link   
Thanks for watching and posting. It would make it more helpful if you specify the actual date/time of the sequence. But having as many eyes on the camera views in search of anomalies can only be a good thing.

These look like lens smudges to me, but I'd want to see views from the same camera on subsequent sunrises to compare.

Thanks!

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 11:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by JimOberg
Thanks for watching and posting. It would make it more helpful if you specify the actual date/time of the sequence. But having as many eyes on the camera views in search of anomalies can only be a good thing.

These look like lens smudges to me, but I'd want to see views from the same camera on subsequent sunrises to compare.

Thanks!

No offense, but I don't know of any smudge out there that make itself just magical appear let alone split itself in two. We need a better answer than this. And the date is in the title of thread.
edit on 30-6-2011 by RealTruthSeeker because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 11:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by RealTruthSeeker
At first glance one might think it is just a glare, but pay close attention as they play with the lighting. Can somebody please explain what the hell is going on out there, because this stuff is starting to freak me out a little. Enjoy.

The camera is automatically adjusting to the light conditions. All digital cameras do this these days. It is not so noticable on Earth as the sun doesn't rise so fast from our perspective. Additionally here on Earth we do not usually go from complete blackness into unfiltered stark brightness of vacuum. If I were to download the video and speed it up, one would be able to see the lighting pulsate in a regular pattern as it adjusted downward while the image being captured is flooded with more and more light.

Notice that the anomaly that the mouse cursor indicates in the video is not really apparent until there is so much bright light availiable that lense flare is possible. In other words, from my experience in photography I see nothing unusual, and nothing that doesn't relate it's geometry directly to the lense itself.

David Grouchy
edit on 30-6-2011 by davidgrouchy because: spelling

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 11:40 PM
link   
Another live show but hurry: www.nasa.gov...www.nasa.gov...

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 11:56 PM
link   
Can't see anything on live NASA footage, it's all blocked out with red lines. Awesome videos by the way. I wouldn't be scared though. Their up there and your down here. So, you should be fine until they come down for the landing. Then it will be War of the Worlds. I think that was the movie with Tom Cruise.

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 12:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by davidgrouchy

Originally posted by RealTruthSeeker
At first glance one might think it is just a glare, but pay close attention as they play with the lighting. Can somebody please explain what the hell is going on out there, because this stuff is starting to freak me out a little. Enjoy.

The camera is automatically adjusting to the light conditions. All digital cameras do this these days. It is not so noticable on Earth as the sun doesn't rise so fast from our perspective. Additionally here on Earth we do not usually go from complete blackness into unfiltered stark brightness of vacuum. If I were to download the video and speed it up, one would be able to see the lighting pulsate in a regular pattern as it adjusted downward while the image being captured is flooded with more and more light.

Notice that the anomaly that the mouse cursor indicates in the video is not really apparent until there is so much bright light availiable that lense flare is possible. In other words, from my experience in photography I see nothing unusual, and nothing that doesn't relate it's geometry directly to the lense itself.

David Grouchy
edit on 30-6-2011 by davidgrouchy because: spelling

I'm afraid I'll have to agree with you now. I just got another 23mins which includes another amazing light show. However once the lights come back on I did notice the same two anomalies in the same place and they did seem to disappear at the same time. Damit NASA, clean those cameras for goodness sake. This was also the first time I was able to capture those strange flashes while the lights were on and they were pretty much right on top of the ISS.

Thanks for bringing explaining that in greater detail. I guess it is easy to freak out when you see something for the first time.

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 12:39 AM
link   
I believe the above are correct, even though I do think there is stuff out there this seems to be a case of a few things. The cameras as said above are adjusting to the light levels, the sun will seem to pulse and have different intensities as is travels through two layers of atmosphere at the early angles. I don;t know the technical term for it but from other space videos I have seen this seems to be the case, the blurs in the image might be sensor saturation from the lens flare at certain wavelengths and whether it was a cmos of ccd sensor(from my brief experience with this stuff).

Cool video never the less, again I do believe in some crazy stuff (some of the STS vids) and such but this isn't quite conclusive.
edit on 1-7-2011 by GhettoRice because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 03:30 AM
link   
pretty pretty prettty good

smudges i think not

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 03:49 AM
link   
Cigar shape UFOs that numerous pilots witness. I guess angels are in those luxury limo spacecrafts doing god's work.

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 06:02 AM
link   
reply to post by RealTruthSeeker

Hi RealTruthSeeker,

I appreciate your ability to accept not so exciting explanations for something that got you very excited initially. That shows that you're willing to learn and that you're not someone who has to insist on his opinion even if it's proven wrong, just for the benefit of your pride. That indeed you're someone who's able to audit his conclusions for the benefit of a greater knowledge. (And wisdom
)

That distinguishes you from many other people in the field of Ufology (and I'm talking about both sides of the fence, "believers" also as "debunkers") and results in you being someone, that is so much needed in this field:

A cautious investigator with an open mind for all possibilities.

go on!

edit on 1/7/11 by Peloquin because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 06:49 AM
link   
Keep watching and keep reporting.

On the flight of 'Columbia' in 2003, the crew and ground may have had a missed opportunity to spot something weird drifting by outside on the second day of the flight, but never said anything. It was the piece of their left wing leading edge, stove in by a debris impact during ascent, that worked its way loose and floated off a few hours later.

The hole killed them two weeks later during reentry.

Had the thing been seen and noticed and worried about earlier in the flight, a mobilized crew and ground team MIGHT have been able to do something about it.

So it's worth it to keep a sharp eye out, even if the professionals don't always.

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 07:33 AM
link   
If you are talking about the "object" slightly to the left of the upper-center of the frame...then, respectfully, I think it could easily be glare. I know it stays the whole time as the ISS moves relative to the Sun, but as long as light was falling on the lens (or window), I think the glare could remain (although it could intensify/lessen in conjunction to the amount of light hitting the lens).

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 11:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by Peloquin
reply to post by RealTruthSeeker

Hi RealTruthSeeker,

I appreciate your ability to accept not so exciting explanations for something that got you very excited initially. That shows that you're willing to learn and that you're not someone who has to insist on his opinion even if it's proven wrong, just for the benefit of your pride. That indeed you're someone who's able to audit his conclusions for the benefit of a greater knowledge. (And wisdom
)

That distinguishes you from many other people in the field of Ufology (and I'm talking about both sides of the fence, "believers" also as "debunkers") and results in you being someone, that is so much needed in this field:

A cautious investigator with an open mind for all possibilities.

go on!

edit on 1/7/11 by Peloquin because: (no reason given)

Thanks for encouragement guys, I'm pretty satisfied with the answers I received about this, so I think I can put it to rest. I'm uploading footage from last nights second flyby. I was able to capture a red streak right in front of the ISS with the lights on, it's pretty cool. I'll post it in the Darkness thread because it also includes another amazing light show.

Thanks again everyone.
edit on 1-7-2011 by RealTruthSeeker because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 11:42 AM
link   
I think its anything but a UFO, looks like lens reflection to me too.

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 12:13 PM
link   
Bet if u zoomed in real close u would see "volcanic ash cloud , then volcano rift/cone and light from lava etc,,,

Definetly would be helpfull too know,, the approx. Earth, Lan/Long for that cloud layer.

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 10:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by BobAthome
Bet if u zoomed in real close u would see "volcanic ash cloud , then volcano rift/cone and light from lava etc,,,

Definetly would be helpfull too know,, the approx. Earth, Lan/Long for that cloud layer.

The problem is that it does not appear to move relative to the ISS/camera. Therefore, it's either glare on the camera lens/ISS window (which I think it is), or a part of the ISS (doubtful), or is an object moving at the exact speed and direction of the ISS.

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 05:46 PM
link   
this is a video i recorded the other day, i couldnt hit record fast enough but was able to catch some of it, it had a distinct red glow and tail you cand kind of see at the start sorry for the quality

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join