It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US rejects demands to vacate Pakistan drone base

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 10:33 PM
link   
timesofindia.indiatimes.com...

WASHINGTON/ISLAMABAD: The United States is rejecting demands from Pakistani officials that American personnel abandon a military base used by the CIA to stage drone strikes against suspected militants, US officials told Reuters.

US personnel have not left the remote Pakistani military installation known as Shamsi Air Base and there is no plan for them to do so, said a US official familiar with the matter, who asked for anonymity to discuss sensitive material.

Cant say I didnt see this coming. I highly doubt the US will ever completely leave Pakistan.

I wonder what Pakistan will say in the next few days? Will they just be quiet about the entire thing, or will they continue to bring it up?

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 10:39 PM
link   
Seems like a legit request to me... Arghh this war stuff really pisses me off anymore... WHY WHY WHY

Why would we want to piss them off even more? They have nukes, and so does their ally, China... Which didnt China come out and say, an attack on Pakistan, is an attack on China?

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 10:55 PM
link   
The U.S. should just move them to an airbase in A-stan anyway. Why have them in Pakistan when they are the enemy is beyond me?

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 11:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Sky watcher

we MUST go through pakistan to supply afganistan with troops and goods.

posted on May, 11 2012 @ 06:41 AM
link   

posted on May, 11 2012 @ 11:33 AM
link   
America is making another illegal war again and this time violating another country's sovereign rights.

Obama did want a war with Pakistan, so it looks like he's going to get one.

The tyrant he is.

top topics

join