It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Israel Warns Assad: Psalms 83 and Isaiah 17 have started.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 09:07 AM
link   
You are making a false assumption that killing in the name of religion is a Christian act. There are those in this world who steal, kill and destroy. This is never correct, even if it is done by those who claim to be religious. There are those who defend, protect and honor. This is always correct, regardless of who is doing it. Saying that I am in the former group is pure prejudice. Go back and read any comment I have made in this thread. You will find that I only speak to the subject of right thinking. Compare my comments to your name calling and hatred of Christians and you will see a different approach.

Prejudice is lumping. We are all individuals. No need to lump and stereotype. Speak to the subject and leave the object out of it. Cling to truth and what honors all people. If you speak from your bias against others, you only do harm. Speak from convictions if you want any respect here.

Originally posted by Zamini
reply to post by SuperiorEd

"You Christians" is no different that "You people" when referring to skin color. Hatred and prejudice has no place in this world. Judging people by race, religion or sex is only stepping on the object.

No you clown. When you are a Christian you CHOOSE to be a Christian. One does not choose their skin color, race or their sex. Stepping on the object you say, you blind bat. Now that you pull the discrimination card(as you can't gather a few bible thumpers and go kill the unbelievers), how discriminatory is it for you to claim that people who do not accept your belief are going to burn in hell?

Ow wait, you hadn't thought of it like that because you don't choose to think you choose to believe.

Speak to the subject and you can make a point much more clearly. The freedom we enjoy in this country--what's left of it--is directly proportional to our freedom of expression. True freedom is a marketplace of ideas and perspectives. In the economy of truth, freedom is necessary.

This is just trying to weasel out of the topic at hand. The freedom you enjoy has nothing to do with Christianity, in fact, people had to die for these freedoms to come into existence because Christians were out killing people who thought otherwise.

If you are more in favor of forcing your opinion on "you people," then I suggest you align yourself with those who are seeking to steal, kill and destroy this world. That's your choice to make.

It's ridiculous to assume I'm the one forcing my opinion on people when you hold the belief that those who do not accept your magic man will burn in hell. I'm not forcing you to stop believing am I? But it sure feels that way doesn't it. Know why? Because a part of your brain sees reason and wants to follow reason, while your belief is preventing you. Why is it preventing you? So you don't question your belief and those who fed you your belief.

Wake UP.

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 09:11 AM
link   

Speak from convictions if you want any respect here.

WHAT? RESPECT? I'm out..you're lost. Enjoy the psychosis. Bye.

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 09:12 AM
link   
I received this in an email from my wife. It seems to fit the conversation.

BEST POEM IN THE WORLD

I was shocked , confused, bewildered
As I entered Heaven's door,
Not by the beauty of it all,
Nor the lights or its decor.

But it was the folks in Heaven
Who made me sputter and gasp--
The thieves, the liars, the sinners,
The alcoholics and the trash.

There stood the kid from seventh grade
Who swiped my lunch money twice.
Next to him was my old neighbor
Who never said anything nice.

Joe, who I always thought
Was rotting away in hell,
Was sitting pretty on cloud nine,
Looking incredibly well.

I nudged Jesus, 'What's the deal?
I would love to hear Your take.
How'd all these sinners get up here?
God must've made a mistake.

'And why is everyone so quiet,
So somber - give me a clue.'

'Hush, child,' He said,
'they're all in shock.
No one thought they'd be seeing you.'

JUDGE NOT!!

Remember...Going to church doesn't make you a
Christian any more than standing in your garage makes you a car.

Every saint has a PAST...
Every sinner has a FUTURE!
Now it's your turn... Share this poem.

Life without God is like an unsharpened pencil...
It has no point!

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 09:14 AM
link   
I can only speak my subject. You are confusing the conviction of the subject with me. If you do not believe in God, then there should be no worries for you. The fact that the subject speaks to you is a testament of what it actually means by the standard of truth. This has nothing to do with me and everything to do with us.

Originally posted by Zamini

Speak from convictions if you want any respect here.

WHAT? RESPECT? I'm out..you're lost. Enjoy the psychosis. Bye.

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 10:02 AM
link   
It is clear to me now that there is something moving through the Universe in an attempt to prepare us all. It is clear to me in that I have been elevated and brought down in such a fashion that it requires a delicate balance that speaks of a "hidden hand". Within that motion my heart has been rejoiced and rebounded to such an extreme that I have no other recourse but to evaluate my Soul.

I am either completely lost to Society or I am finally free of it, I only know I am Blessed by it. Those that have not felt anything, who have not experienced the elevation within, must surely be lost to the World. A World of which they will not find Succession into Peace but one that is wrought with Anguish and Pain.

If you are reading this and you have not been moved by Spirit, then I am so sorry, because it is the most beautiful feeling I have ever experienced in my short painful life. This brief moment of elation has allowed me to finally forgive myself for not believing when I was being harmed by others or punished by myself.

If only there were a switch or a word or a message of such magnitude so that everyone can feel this, I would do everything in my power to hand it over. It comes from within, not without! Open your hearts and just let if flow; the semantics of the Word is not a surrendering of the Self, do not fear the loss of the Self; do not trap yourselves so easily by thinking that Spirit is a Fool's Paradise based on velum bound with words, feel it and know it without question. It is there to open your heart to LOVE.

Be Blessed by your own doing, by blindly accepting from within that feeling of Awe of all that surrounds you!

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 01:04 PM
link   
Hey Ed.......

Aren't you making false assumptions that the bible is truly the word of god?
You do know it was put together selectively right?
You do know there are millions of interpretations right?

Just because the book itself says that it's true because it says it is doesn't mean it is.
A book referencing itself as the reason why it's credible or true isn't a good reference.

I'm not saying it's all true or all false, i'm saying it's presumptuous and arrogant to think your interpretations are correct.

There is much logic in what I say.

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 01:06 PM
link   
Thank you for sharing. Like others who may read this, it is difficult to face up to truth. Truth can hurt. For me, overcoming the self is about keeping seven words at the front of my thoughts and avoiding one. Here is an article I wrote on the subject. Article

Originally posted by Greensage
It is clear to me now that there is something moving through the Universe in an attempt to prepare us all. It is clear to me in that I have been elevated and brought down in such a fashion that it requires a delicate balance that speaks of a "hidden hand". Within that motion my heart has been rejoiced and rebounded to such an extreme that I have no other recourse but to evaluate my Soul.

I am either completely lost to Society or I am finally free of it, I only know I am Blessed by it. Those that have not felt anything, who have not experienced the elevation within, must surely be lost to the World. A World of which they will not find Succession into Peace but one that is wrought with Anguish and Pain.

If you are reading this and you have not been moved by Spirit, then I am so sorry, because it is the most beautiful feeling I have ever experienced in my short painful life. This brief moment of elation has allowed me to finally forgive myself for not believing when I was being harmed by others or punished by myself.

If only there were a switch or a word or a message of such magnitude so that everyone can feel this, I would do everything in my power to hand it over. It comes from within, not without! Open your hearts and just let if flow; the semantics of the Word is not a surrendering of the Self, do not fear the loss of the Self; do not trap yourselves so easily by thinking that Spirit is a Fool's Paradise based on velum bound with words, feel it and know it without question. It is there to open your heart to LOVE.

Be Blessed by your own doing, by blindly accepting from within that feeling of Awe of all that surrounds you!

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 01:37 PM
link   
Sure. I can relate to your perspective on the truth of the Bible. It is easy to stand at the periphery and say the Bible is just a huge coincidence. It is just as easy to have blind faith and take it as true with no mental backing. I take the road less traveled. My life has been one of skepticism into the truth of the Bible. I have lived the first half of my life asking and testing my faith. For me, it is confirmed truth.

Let me give you one example that cannot be argued:

Einstein discovered four aspects of our reality in recent history. TIME, SPACE, MATTER and ENERGY

Here is a verse that everyone knows by heart:

In the beginning (TIME), God created the heavens (SPACE) and the earth (MATTER).

What's missing? Fiat lux (Let there be light). Light is energy in the form of particle and wave. All particles have an associated wave. This is the duality of light. I will make a bold statement here and say that this duality is incorrect. Light is not dual, it is triple. The missing piece of quantum physics in information. Light is comprised of particle, wave and information.

How does this connect to the Bible?

God is the father (Light). He is also the Son or Logos form John 1. The Word as He is called eludes to his nature as the author of the universe. A word is a wave. Logos can best be described as a force of information in motion. What is the information? Spirit. Father, Son and Holy Ghost.

John 1

1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. 2 He was with God in the beginning. 3 Through him all things were made; without him nothing was made that has been made. 4 In him was life, and that life was the light of all mankind. 5 The light shines in the darkness, and the darkness has not overcome it.

You may be saying to me, this is way to simple of an explanation for all of physics. This cannot nearly cover all of reality. My answer is simple:

Physics is way to simple of an explanation for God. We have only scratched the surface. The missing element of information explains the vast infinity of knowledge and wisdom that is responsible for creating our reality. At our core, we are information formed into matter so that we can experience God without harm. We view feelings and emotions as hurtful and call it evil. In reality, nothing can be lost with energy. We will live forever. Either with or apart from the truth reality teaches. It is ultimately our choice.

Let me give you a way to view this truth. Take an acorn. The oak tree is enfolded into the acorn as information in the form of the acorns DNA. If the essence of the acorn (information) gets expressed in the mechanism of the material world, it unfolds into the oak tree. The tree is merely a form of the essence. The essence can be saved or lost because it is information. Just like a computer program, our DNA is our essence. God can save you as easily as we save a word file. TIME, SPACE, MATTER and ENERGY. That is the extent of our reality. Beyond this framework, we are what we learn. We are the evolution of our essence in time.

I cannot prove what I will say below from anything but my intuition. Take it for what it is worth.

What did Jesus mean when he told Nicodemus this: You must be born again. This is John 3 if you want to read it. He said that a man must be born of the water and the spirit to gain eternal life. What is the water? The water is the material world. It is the body. Baptism is the immersion of the soul into the water. You must be born again, for me, means that a person will be baptized many times into the world until he gains union with the Spirit. This is the key to finding our way out of the material world of death and entropy. When a person gains union with the spirit, this gives birth to the tree of life above.

The sun and the moon gain union and provide the womb of the earth. The man and the wife gain union to form new life. The sperm and the egg gain union to form you and me. The new life lives in a womb until it is ready to give birth. You and I live in the womb of the earth in the same progression. Our essence evolves as we do. This is my view of John 3. It's a concept called transmigration.

I could keep writing here so I'll just point you in the direction of my blog where I have written an article on the topic. LINK

Originally posted by SadButTrue
Hey Ed.......

Aren't you making false assumptions that the bible is truly the word of god?
You do know it was put together selectively right?
You do know there are millions of interpretations right?

Just because the book itself says that it's true because it says it is doesn't mean it is.
A book referencing itself as the reason why it's credible or true isn't a good reference.

I'm not saying it's all true or all false, i'm saying it's presumptuous and arrogant to think your interpretations are correct.

There is much logic in what I say.

edit on 1-7-2011 by SuperiorEd because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 01:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by SuperiorEd
Christ died on a cross to save you from this mess. See it for what it is.

Sure.
And I banged myself in the foot with a shovel for your mortgage.

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 02:02 PM
link   
Based on my last post, if you read it, why did Christ need to live and die for us? The answer is this:

God is perfectly holy. He is restricted in the choices He can make based on truth, wisdom and the supreme good that is possible. God will not restrict free will. He does what he says by His law. We reap what we sow according to this law. The law does not punish. We punish ourselves by not following the law. Two things are required. Love God and love your fellow man.

He made us as free creatures. I know that you are saying, why does He give us a law to live by if we are not restricted? Simple, it's the same law that restricts God. It is truth and justice. God must abide by the same law of love that we are bound by. Love is a requirement for eternal life. Destruction comes from evil. God cannot choose evil. Satan is a creation of God that made the choice, as a servant, to go His own way apart form God. God knew he would corrupt man and bring death. Since God will not interfere with free will, God is required to redeem us if we choose to come back to Him. He acts from a platform of love and requires us to do the same. Only love can lead to the supreme good.

God came to the earth in the form of man to demonstrate His love toward us. Grace is unmerited favor. We do not deserve this act. God loves us enough to demonstrate His love toward us. We follow this example of love to see the larger picture of truth, wisdom and the supreme good. Through the fall of His creation, He uses only love to bring us back. He does this by example.

If we choose, we are able to receive the Holy Spirit. This is an exchange of our worldly spirit for the Holy Spirit of God. We must choose this in order to accept the gift that is freely offered. Can we accept this apart from repenting of our pride? No. Repentance (turning from the world) is the only form of acceptance we can offer. Humility before a Holy God is just this: recognizing our place before a perfect and Holy God. Not our will, but His. Read the Lord's prayer. It tells the whole story.

Does this make us perfect? No, we will still sin. This world is still a fallen world. After death, we are made whole and given a spirit that cannot fail. This is the existence in the new heaven and the new earth. The baptism into this world is our ticket out if we learn what it teaches.

Originally posted by traditionaldrummer

Christ died on a cross to save you from this mess. See it for what it is.

Sure.
And I banged myself in the foot with a shovel for your mortgage.

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 02:22 PM
link   
reply to post by traditionaldrummer

Best post in this thread. By far. Thank you.

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 02:42 PM
link   

Based on my last post, if you read it, why did Christ need to live and die for us? The answer is this:

According to the bible it's because god doesn't like some things that we do that he called "sins", so he set up a rule that you could make up for your sins if you offered him a blood sacrifice. Eventually he decided to send his son (actually himself) to earth to ultimately act as a human sacrifice that, if you accept it, would get you out of having to perform the previous blood sacrifices.

So instead of simply eliminating his prior rule about sacrifices, he sacrifices himself to himself to serve as a loophole to get around the very rule he created. Though it's not actually any kind of sacrifice since Jesus was only dead over the course of a weekend and is believed to still be alive today.

Thanks for the info, but this system makes little sense. Even if it did someone needs to explain to me why I should worship a bloodthirsty god who hates what we do but accepts human sacrifice, and how this demonstrates his love for us.

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 09:11 PM
link   
reply to post by traditionaldrummer

And a star for you on your reply,.
well said

posted on Jul, 2 2011 @ 02:38 AM
link   
If this so called 7 year Tribulation begins in 2012, then 2016 would make it the 3.5 or 3 and a half way mark where the world goes ape ## and the devil shows up and tries to take over.

Originally posted by Nightfury
Ok...

Let me be the first to tell you that you will probably get
all day long here, BUT...

I'll give you your first bump cuz I think you are on the right track. The Bible does say Damascus will fall and it's the next big sign we are waiting for.

The timing I think is off a bit. I believe it will happen on a Sabath year. 2016, if not 2023 etc. 2016 is the most likely right now with all the tension going on over there, but time will tell I guess..

Good luck and keep your head up, you're going to need it with this one...

posted on Jul, 2 2011 @ 02:43 AM
link   
You don't need to worship or believe in any of it, and i personally wouldn't recommend it. This reality isn't real, indeed quite the opposite.

Originally posted by traditionaldrummer

According to the bible it's because god doesn't like some things that we do that he called "sins", so he set up a rule that you could make up for your sins if you offered him a blood sacrifice. Eventually he decided to send his son (actually himself) to earth to ultimately act as a human sacrifice that, if you accept it, would get you out of having to perform the previous blood sacrifices.

So instead of simply eliminating his prior rule about sacrifices, he sacrifices himself to himself to serve as a loophole to get around the very rule he created. Though it's not actually any kind of sacrifice since Jesus was only dead over the course of a weekend and is believed to still be alive today.

Thanks for the info, but this system makes little sense. Even if it did someone needs to explain to me why I should worship a bloodthirsty god who hates what we do but accepts human sacrifice, and how this demonstrates his love for us.
edit on 2-7-2011 by awareness10 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 2 2011 @ 07:16 AM
link   
Here is a bit of interesting commentary on Psalms 83. LINK

Psalm 83 is now imminent – Some suggest Mideast signs of the times signal that Psalm 83 has become an imminent event. They don’t see any further preconditions prohibiting its modern day fulfillment. For instance, the Psalm calls for the destruction of Israel so that “the name of Israel may be remembered no more.” In order for the Jewish State to be destroyed, and the name of Israel banished forever, the nation had to first exist. On May 14, 1948 Israel regained its nationhood fulfilling that precondition.

The Psalm also predicts that an Arab confederacy or league forms in order to destroy Israel. In Cairo, Egypt on March 22, 1945 the Arab League was formed. Presently it comprises 22-members, and includes the prominent members of Psalm 83, like Egypt, Saudi Arabia, Jordan, Syria, Palestinian Authority, Iraq, and Lebanon. Originally it was established to unite the newly forming Arab States by developing their fledgling economies, resolving their regional disputes, and coordinating their collective political aims.

At the time there was no Palestinian Refugee crisis competing for the league’s agenda or resources. However as a result of the Arab–Israeli conflict, some suggest the Arab League has become pre-occupied with the plight of the Palestinians. The Palestinian Refugee crisis appears to be what motivates the prominent members of the league to confederate militarily against Israel according to Psalm 83.

The first member listed in the confederacy is the “tents of Edom,” which in large part, appears to identify today’s Palestinian Authority. Thus it can be presumed that this League, which vehemently opposes Israel’s existence, is also in place. Apart from fragile peace-pacts Israel has with Egypt and Jordan, the entire region is extremely volatile and war could break out between the Arabs and the Jews at any time.

posted on Jul, 2 2011 @ 07:31 AM
link   
the OP contained this idea:

" How do you find salvation? Revelation speaks of overcoming the world. This is a reference to overcoming the spirit of the world. This is not done through might or diplomacy. This is a battle of the spirit. Salvation from the world system comes in the form of love. Love God and love your fellow man (even your enemies). That's it. If you love God, He opens the door to the Holy Spirit to come into your heart. Once you exchange the spirit of the world for the Spirit of God, you have overcome the world. ...

the likes of a Ghandi or a Mother Theresa are only possible because of the gifts, support, of many others who cannot live such a life of 'Love' because the harsh realities of necessity in this world...

ahhhh.... to enjoy an idyllic life, free of stresses and compromises ... because others carry that burden for you...

being a pillar of piety, conducting a life path which avoids stress anger, constantly 'Loving' your foes...is a pipe dream IMHO...

check please

posted on Jul, 2 2011 @ 10:49 PM
link   
Right you are. God does not let the believer off the hook. His first order of business for the believer is to do unto others. Salvation is not a vacation. It is a responsibility. If a person thinks salvation is a fast way to reward, they are incorrect. This is duplicity at its most obvious. If a person thinks that salvation is a way to avoid suffering or punishment, wrong again. Duplicity rears its ugly head. Salvation is seeking the good as its own reward. This is making the choice to suffer rather than resting on the reward. Christ suffered every step. Love always demands that the gift be given away. In the end, this is the only true gift we can earn.

The movie Bruce Almighty says it all. We can fume and stomp at God all we want. Our prideful will can never match His true intention for our ultimate betterment. Let it go to Him and He will supply your every need. It really is that simple. You may think nothing can change your world. God is your world and He's sitting right there beside at every turn.

Originally posted by St Udio
the OP contained this idea:

" How do you find salvation? Revelation speaks of overcoming the world. This is a reference to overcoming the spirit of the world. This is not done through might or diplomacy. This is a battle of the spirit. Salvation from the world system comes in the form of love. Love God and love your fellow man (even your enemies). That's it. If you love God, He opens the door to the Holy Spirit to come into your heart. Once you exchange the spirit of the world for the Spirit of God, you have overcome the world. ...

the likes of a Ghandi or a Mother Theresa are only possible because of the gifts, support, of many others who cannot live such a life of 'Love' because the harsh realities of necessity in this world...

ahhhh.... to enjoy an idyllic life, free of stresses and compromises ... because others carry that burden for you...

being a pillar of piety, conducting a life path which avoids stress anger, constantly 'Loving' your foes...is a pipe dream IMHO...

check please

posted on Jul, 3 2011 @ 01:18 AM
link   
I always knew the holographic God of this world was a Conditional God. Once saved always saved. Saved from God's demented egregore creation. Madness!

posted on Jul, 7 2011 @ 10:18 AM
link   

yes fair point continuos I did notice first time I read but know a little and I mean a little about India and know it is as old there civilisation, and had gut feeling I'd find something older not yet still looking, I have completly given up on believing most of western history because as I said earlier the winner writes history and so much has been denied for yrs that is now being accepted ie the coc aine mummies go some way to proof there was travel between the two continents, which was widely dismissed also the olmec heads all is not as it is written that is the point I suppose but like I said that is the only thing I questioned

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join