It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Israel Warns Assad: Psalms 83 and Isaiah 17 have started.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 01:52 AM
link   
My brain is about to burst from the amount of church propaganda I read in just the first page.

Why does no one arguing biblical endtimes ever acknowledge that their favorite book of myths is stolen from dozens if not hundreds of earlier writings? This christian crap is just recycled mythology crammed together to make the weak devote themselves to one of the oldest financial scams going.

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 01:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Danbones

how do you make it up to that prson?

I believe to answer that question properly we have to put ourselves in God's shoes regarding an only Son? keeping in mind that I use to ridicule anything God/Jesus or otherwise until I heard an invisible audible voice say He was Jesus one night, there can only be one head of every man

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 05:02 AM
link   
You know what, I'm getting tired of this middle east crap. Let's carpet bomb the middle east already including israel and f*** of... How about that! In which chapter of the bible or the quran did god see that coming?!
edit on 1-7-2011 by Jepic because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 05:13 AM
link   
reply to post by SuperiorEd

Are Christians the only ones who believe in or have access to God? No. Is the Bible the only legitimate scripture? No. For thousands of years before there were any religions on earth people were finding the way back to the Father through the practice and habits of what we might today call "harmlessness". It is against this stance that the spirits of the world cannot penetrate. God has always sent messengers to the people of earth and continues doing so today. Before any of the events recounted in the Old Testament this was true too.

Christianity admonishes us to love each other, even enemies, and also God and to acknowledge the selflessness of Jesus in His sacrifice for us. To do this we should be willing to act as Jesus would regarding our opponents in the world. We should be ready and willing and inclined towards harmlessness to all. Can we do this and still hold a biased view regarding wars and rumors of wars? Can we automatically side with Israel against others just because the Bible suggests to us that those others are "enemies of God"? But wait. What about the love that we are supposed to be showing? And, doesn't God love those others as well? Does His love require they leave Israel alone and give up any legitimate aspirations that they may have? What is so special about Israel that God has such explicit preference?

I reject any suggestion no matter where it comes from which tells me that God plays favorites with the human beings who He created as brothers. I believe that a great allegorical theme is being played out instead. References to "Israel" are meant to refer to those human beings who are "of God" and not "of the earth". This is little to do with anyone's nationality or racial background. It is nothing to do with the State of Israel as a nation. I believe that the whole business is only a stylistic way of saying that the good people will leave at some prescribed time, having done with the earth, and the others will stay because they have not yet achieved. It is my firm conviction that this is what Christianity is about. The very simplistic view that all we must to is to obey and believe is something we use to guide little children. Adults, however, can be told higher truths. This is the failing of religion and it is the failing of those who study and teach from the Bible. They fail to look into and beyond what is said to discover what is actually meant.

This will be rejected by those who do not preach it of course. Let's not all reject it though. Remember please that Christianity is only one of many religions of God. Surely most of us are grown enough so that we are able to grasp a somewhat better comprehension of what God actually plans for us? See the truth but do not cling to the colorful packages in which it is presented. All men are equal in God's eye and in matters of salvation neither race, nationality or religion have any importance. All that matters is that we willingly refuse to harm one another.
edit on 1-7-2011 by trailertrash because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 05:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by amasone
reply to post by SadButTrue

because of Jesus

Some thing Jesus didnt change. It was after Christ that the Romans took away the temple and made the last scattering of the Jews over the earth. We see here clearly that Christs first comming was linked to jewish national and tribal issues. In addition all of the OT has been fullfilled yet and when thats happening we will see old school sort of dealings with some. Many wrongly suppose that the coming if Christ ended all the OT issues but thats far from the truth.

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 05:48 AM
link   
just because the bible predicts the future does not mean the world should worship the God behind the bible. we all predict the future in some way. a man predicts the future, does that mean we should worship him? the reason why the bible is predicting the future is to trap humanities mind. the mind is the most powerful thing in all of creation, and who ever can harness its power has the power of creation at his disposal.

what better way to convince billions of people to serve you? you bait them in with "miracles", and "prophecy"

prophecy in the bible will be fulfilled. the question is why will it be fulfilled?. not because Jehovah is so great, and so powerful, but because Jehovah wants your mind. my advice is to make sure you have control over your mind. your mind is the most valuable resource in existence. and thats why the FALSE gods want it. the true source God does not need worship from you...THE FACT THAT YOU EXIST IS WORSHIP ALONE. the true source God only gives...HE CAN RECEIVE NOTHING. i hope you can understand somewhat. just like we fight for the resource of oil here on earth, there is a fight going on for the unlimited resource known as our minds. on earth and off earth.

it goes MUCH MUCH MUCH deeper, but i cant explain it all in one post. trust me friend religion is a trap. the bible is the bait, and your mind is the prize. please consider what im saying.

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 06:24 AM
link   
Luke 10 is all anyone needs to find salvation. Love God and love your neighbor. Love is defined in 1 Corinthians 13. Other than this, I study as broadly as possible. No isms are necessary.

Originally posted by Lemon.Fresh
Reply to post by SuperiorEd

Sine you bring it up, have you turned to Hebrew Roots/Messianic Judaism?

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 06:43 AM
link   

sorry I do not agree with the bit about the oldest inhabbited town you have obviously taken it from a western stand point and have discarded all archeological knowledge I'd guess you have completly over looked the Indian contenant where there scriptures predate the bible and I'd bet there will be more than one town there that predates damascus. It is widely accepted that the sanscript and vedas where copied 6 thousand yrs ago from older texts but as we all know history has been rewritten to suit western mind's and the christian view-point, right that is the only argument I have with this thread, right off to google oldest inhabbited town in india will let you know if I find anything

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 06:49 AM
link   
I have had these thoughts myself. The problem with this thinking comes by the fruit that it produces. Any way of thinking produces fruit by action and choices. If you carefully examine the lives of individuals who live apart from biblical actions, you see the temporary fruit this bears for them. An individual who lives by the humble actions required by the Bible will produce fruit that is lasting.

The Bible requires that a person makes choices by suffering. Living apart from the Bible allows a person to choose reward. This is the most important aspect and the simplest way to think about this.

Consider the fruit that the direction of suffering takes. If a person chooses reward, this leads to suffering. Smoke and you get cancer. This is an example of reward leading to suffering. If a person chooses suffering, reward follows. If you work at an education and give up resources to pay for a quality college, you get the reward of this suffering. Hard work and sacrifice always leads to reward.

Now consider what I said above. The Bible requires that a person chooses suffering above reward. This is a main teaching of biblical theology. Christ suffered every step for the ultimate reward of humanity. This is not some trick to get you to hand over your mind. It is an example of how a person should live. You can confirm this outside of the Bible. Read the Dhammapada. Read the Discourses of Rumi. All seven continents contain the same knowledge if you do a comparative study of religion. Christ is the focal point of all teachings.

Faith requires trust. God proves Himself trustworthy throughout the entire Bible. We are not capable of understanding ultimate wisdom apart from the hard lessons required to learn that wisdom. God has an infinite universal view of wisdom. We have a short few years to grasp what He has learned over countless years. Anything other than humility is simply pride.

Originally posted by jayremoe
just because the bible predicts the future does not mean the world should worship the God behind the bible. we all predict the future in some way. a man predicts the future, does that mean we should worship him? the reason why the bible is predicting the future is to trap humanities mind. the mind is the most powerful thing in all of creation, and who ever can harness its power has the power of creation at his disposal.

what better way to convince billions of people to serve you? you bait them in with "miracles", and "prophecy"

prophecy in the bible will be fulfilled. the question is why will it be fulfilled?. not because Jehovah is so great, and so powerful, but because Jehovah wants your mind. my advice is to make sure you have control over your mind. your mind is the most valuable resource in existence. and thats why the FALSE gods want it. the true source God does not need worship from you...THE FACT THAT YOU EXIST IS WORSHIP ALONE. the true source God only gives...HE CAN RECEIVE NOTHING. i hope you can understand somewhat. just like we fight for the resource of oil here on earth, there is a fight going on for the unlimited resource known as our minds. on earth and off earth.

it goes MUCH MUCH MUCH deeper, but i cant explain it all in one post. trust me friend religion is a trap. the bible is the bait, and your mind is the prize. please consider what im saying.

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 06:53 AM
link   
You don't need to agree with me, just do a search and verify it yourself. Here is the link. Wikipedia 9000 BC is hard to beat. It's possible you can find something older I suppose, but this is listed as the oldest. The key word here is 'continuously' inhabited. Some that are older have been abandoned or destroyed.

Originally posted by bauldrick

sorry I do not agree with the bit about the oldest inhabbited town you have obviously taken it from a western stand point and have discarded all archeological knowledge I'd guess you have completly over looked the Indian contenant where there scriptures predate the bible and I'd bet there will be more than one town there that predates damascus. It is widely accepted that the sanscript and vedas where copied 6 thousand yrs ago from older texts but as we all know history has been rewritten to suit western mind's and the christian view-point, right that is the only argument I have with this thread, right off to google oldest inhabbited town in india will let you know if I find anything

edit on 1-7-2011 by SuperiorEd because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 07:32 AM
link   
Pfft, name one bible prophecy that came to pass? Someone wrote another crap thread saying that 2000 out of 2500 prophecies had come true. Of course he didn't back up the claim with any fact. Kind of like Christianity in general. The religion of rape, murder, blackmail and child sex offenders.

Jesus would be so proud. At least he wasn't Christian though. Man, I hate this religion more than all the others and they all pretty bad. Buddhists have a far degree of enlightenment, for sure. Christianity is as backward as sun worship and paganism.

You read your bible and I'll meditate and be one with the Universe, the real God.

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 07:39 AM
link   

You confuse suffering with Karma. Of course to get close to God, the Universe, the Creator you have to pay off your Karmic debt which is built up from the wrongs you have done in multiple incarnations. Balancing this book can involve suffering but it can also be paid off by kind deeds, selflessness etc.

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 07:42 AM
link   
I have my own prodiction and that is the zionist will be ran out of Isreal but if you want to think God is into real estate and would see 1.6 billion muslims killed for the sake of 16 million jews then maybe you worship the wrong god.

Do what Jesus did if you are religious and tip over the tables of the money changes and if you follow the money in the world then you will know who these people are.

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 08:03 AM
link   
With the word suffering, as I am using it, I refer to work that leads to positive ends. Reward, in the context of what I am saying, is taking something that had not been earned if suffering follows as its end. Reward that is earned lead leads forward. For example, if you give up your own desires and give your resources for the benefit of your family, this ends in reward that lasts for generations. As another example, parents that spend their resources on drinking and drugs will eventually cause suffering for their children for generations.

Karma is equivalent to sin in the Bible. Dharma is roughly the same as the law (responsibility) in biblical terms. Punishment is most often seen as the result of God's actions. In reality, the law can only respond to a person's choices. Reaping and sowing are consequences of the law that can lead to the negative result of suffering. Sowing is equivalent to sowing by the law instead of reaping from the law. This leads to positive reward that will last.

The process of universal law can be seen in mathematics as the law of returns. If you give to the universe, it gives back in multiples. If you take form the universe, it takes back in multiples. Balance will allow you to live a good life. Imbalance causes one of two results. Suffering or reward. This brings up a realization of the meaning of life.

We are living out a story that has a beginning and an ending with plot points throughout. God could have just told us the story, but he chooses to have us live through the story. Confucius said, "I hear and I forget. I see and I learn. I do and I understand." God knows that doing is the only way to learn. Life is a pendulum. If you move the pendulum toward reward, it moves back to suffering. If you move it to suffering, it moves back to reward. If you move it to work, you get rest. If you move it to rest, you get work. All of life is in degree and opposites. The knowledge of good and evil is learned in this process of examining and living a world of opposites. The story God tells us through reality is this movement of energy. Nothing can be lost or harmed with energy. It can only be transformed. We think that God punishes us for evil. This is not true. We choose the road we travel.

Originally posted by Logman

You confuse suffering with Karma. Of course to get close to God, the Universe, the Creator you have to pay off your Karmic debt which is built up from the wrongs you have done in multiple incarnations. Balancing this book can involve suffering but it can also be paid off by kind deeds, selflessness etc.

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 08:14 AM
link   
Really?

How many stupid biblical apocalypse topics do there need to be? And how many of them have to make Israel into the good force and everyone else the evil side? Still need to convince some American Christians? You backward sheep...

*Sigh* the stupidity is just staggering. On a website with the motto; deny ignorance. I want you "Christians" to set a date and when we go across that date and there is no rapture/apocalypse/etc you all promise to come here and apologize for leading the people astray with your hogwash stories that are only politically motivated to favor Israel.

Wake UP.

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 08:16 AM
link   
As the next few years progresses, keep your eye on the actions of Israel. Compare this to the actions of other countries. The nations that steal, kill and destroy will reap suffering. The nations that defend, protect and uphold will reap reward. Unfortunately, our nation was once one of these nations and is now the other. We will suffer for taking reward and we will reap reward if we suffer for the good of others. This is not punishment from God, it is the law of returns. The laws of the universe are set by God and do not change. We are the primary cause of our own suffering or reward in life. This is true for an individual and it is true for a nation.

Originally posted by Master_007
I have my own prodiction and that is the zionist will be ran out of Isreal but if you want to think God is into real estate and would see 1.6 billion muslims killed for the sake of 16 million jews then maybe you worship the wrong god.

Do what Jesus did if you are religious and tip over the tables of the money changes and if you follow the money in the world then you will know who these people are.

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 08:23 AM
link   
"You Christians" is no different than "You people" when referring to skin color. Hatred and prejudice has no place in this world. Judging people by race, religion or sex is only stepping on the object. Speak to the subject and you can make a point much more clearly. The freedom we enjoy in this country--what's left of it--is directly proportional to our freedom of expression. True freedom is a marketplace of ideas and perspectives. In the economy of truth, freedom is necessary.

If you are more in favor of forcing your opinion on "you people," then I suggest you align yourself with those who are seeking to steal, kill and destroy this world. That's your choice to make.

Originally posted by Zamini
Really?

How many stupid biblical apocalypse topics do there need to be? And how many of them have to make Israel into the good force and everyone else the evil side? Still need to convince some American Christians? You backward sheep...

*Sigh* the stupidity is just staggering. On a website with the motto; deny ignorance. I want you "Christians" to set a date and when we go across that date and there is no rapture/apocalypse/etc you all promise to come here and apologize for leading the people astray with your hogwash stories that are only politically motivated to favor Israel.

Wake UP.

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 08:30 AM
link   

This is nothing but a gospel of humility. One thing the astute will learn from this life of hard knocks is that its hard to put a finger on the humility of others. One mans humility is another mans pride. Christ said many things that were less than humble according to the gospel of humility and was considered an arrogant fool by some in His day. I take comfort in the fact that God knows our hearts. And be careful not to boast when putting on the armor like he who takes it off.

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 08:48 AM
link   

"You Christians" is no different that "You people" when referring to skin color. Hatred and prejudice has no place in this world. Judging people by race, religion or sex is only stepping on the object.

No you clown. When you are a Christian you CHOOSE to be a Christian. One does not choose their skin color, race or their sex. Stepping on the object you say, you blind bat. Now that you pull the discrimination card(as you can't gather a few bible thumpers and go kill the unbelievers), how discriminatory is it for you to claim that people who do not accept your belief are going to burn in hell?

Ow wait, you hadn't thought of it like that because you don't choose to think you choose to believe.

Speak to the subject and you can make a point much more clearly. The freedom we enjoy in this country--what's left of it--is directly proportional to our freedom of expression. True freedom is a marketplace of ideas and perspectives. In the economy of truth, freedom is necessary.

This is just trying to weasel out of the topic at hand. The freedom you enjoy has nothing to do with Christianity, in fact, people had to die for these freedoms to come into existence because Christians were out killing people who thought otherwise.

If you are more in favor of forcing your opinion on "you people," then I suggest you align yourself with those who are seeking to steal, kill and destroy this world. That's your choice to make.

It's ridiculous to assume I'm the one forcing my opinion on people when you hold the belief that those who do not accept your magic man will burn in hell. I'm not forcing you to stop believing am I? But it sure feels that way doesn't it. Know why? Because a part of your brain sees reason and wants to follow reason, while your belief is preventing you. Why is it preventing you? So you don't question your belief and those who fed you your belief.

Wake UP.

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 08:57 AM
link   
Those are great thoughts. Pride is where the Bible starts in Genesis 3. When man took knowledge for himself, he walked away from God's plan of education. The original plan was for man to walk with God in the garden (earth) to learn. Instead, man went with the opposite plan. This was the first choice man had with free will. This is the same choice we make each day as individuals.

When Genesis states that God was walking in the midst of the garden one day, it is referring to God walking along side man, which is his will. When God found Adam and Eve hiding, this represents man walking away from God on the path of life. This choice resulted in toil and struggle to work the land. In other worlds, the toil we have in life is the result of walking away from God on the path. If we walk with Him, as intended, we remove the toil and replace it with joy.

Go back to my earlier comments on suffering and reward. Our own pride is all that can separate us from our purpose in this reality. Pride places our wishes and desires above God, ending in suffering. If we can humble ourselves, as you say, we can then receive the blessings that God has for us. Ultimately, He realizes the benefits. We can only see from a limited perspective, so we arrogantly think we know what is best.

God is a father. We are the prodigal sons and daughters. I am always amazed at the parables we know when they suddenly become meaningful. This fact alone should be an undeniable proof to anyone who doubts the trustworthiness of God. No fault can be found in Him.

Originally posted by Logarock

This is nothing but a gospel of humility. One thing the astute will learn from this life of hard knocks is that its hard to put a finger on the humility of others. One mans humility is another mans pride. Christ said many things that were less than humble according to the gospel of humility and was considered an arrogant fool by some in His day. I take comfort in the fact that God knows our hearts. And be careful not to boast when putting on the armor like he who takes it off.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join