It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Los Alamos nuclear waste almost on fire

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 05:31 AM
link   
reply to post by LightAssassin

Ahhh, conspiracy math.

Love it!

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 06:42 AM
link   
And cue the nuclear 'ill-fated' winds that were predicted if I recall correctly. Do we really no protect that enough? Its not completely in a desert, or underground? Geez.

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 06:46 AM
link   
This looks like weather warfare to me. A nuclear weapons lab is
suddenly threatened by fire? Come on! There sure does seem to be
a lot of natural disasters going on and what a perfect cover for unnatural
disasters. Is it the elites? Or are we being attacked by another country?
And just in case there's still anyone here who does not believe in
weather warfare, I'd like to direct you to a speech former Secretary
of Defense William S Cohen made as a keynote speaker at the
1997 Terrorism, Weapons of Mass Destruction, and U.S. Strategy
Sam Nunn Policy Forum at the University of Georgia.

Alvin Toeffler has written about this in terms of some scientists in their laboratories trying to devise certain types of pathogens that would be ethnic-specific so that they could just eliminate certain ethnic groups and races; and others are designing some sort of engineering, some sort of insects that can destroy specific crops. Others are engaging even in an eco-type of terrorism whereby they can alter the climate, set off earthquakes, volcanoes remotely through the use of electromagnetic waves. So there are plenty of ingenious minds out there that are at work finding ways in which they can wreak terror upon other nations. It's real, and that's the reason why we have to intensify our efforts, and that's why this is so important.

Source

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 07:37 AM
link   
reply to post by orbitbaby

I know it sounds crazy, but I'm starting to think the same. Are we under attack from Western powers or what? Floods in the farmlands, nuclear plants under water and now a fire at our largest weapons facility.....

As far as the fire goes, if all it takes is a match in the brush to put a major military complex at risk, then we are in deep sh**.

Something is fishy about all this.

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 08:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by Heyyo_yoyo
ok folks... here's the short and sweet of it.

ONE molecule of plutonium within your system... ONE... will radiate energy for 24 thousand years. It eventually will burn holes right through you... you WILL most likely develop cancer

It's not quite that simple. The half life of Plutonium 239 (the weapons grade stuff) is 24,100 years. That means that after that period of time half of the amount will have decayed, by alpha decay (release of a helium nucleus). And plutonium is montatomic, unlike oxygen and ydrogen in narture, which are diatomic - O2 and H2. So you really don't speak of such monatomic elements, in their pure form, as molecules. They exist as discrete atoms.
So after 24,000 plus years the substance is still radiating. After that time,Half of it still exists and radiates, by alpha decay, as plutonium. The other half exists and radiates, also by alpha decay, as Uranium 235, which, by the way, has a half life of 704 million years. Eventually, after going through a long chain of nucleides, it all ends up as lead.
Stuff doesn't just shut off after it reaches its half life. There are trace amounts of Plutonium, as Plutonium 244, which can be found on earth. As with all elements, it was created by the Big Bang, 13 or 14 billion years ago. It has a half life of "only" 80 million years, yet is still radiating away.

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 08:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by Serendipity7
This is critical and everyone needs to know, and grocery stores should have check out Geiger Counters next year, which you can borrow to pick out your produce, and your bread and milk! (.. not kidding!)

What did you mean by "should" -- you WANT them to have it, or you expect them to have it? Either way, it won't work very well. At most it could protect you from significant levels of iodine or INCREDIBLY contaminated food, enough to set off a Geiger counter. But for many particles, even a deadly amount wouldn't set off a Geiger counter. Like you yourself said, one particle of plutonium COULD kill you on its own. You'll never detect it.

And if "they" cared at all about keeping people safe, they'd be heavily testing all food, especially japanese or west-coast food, before it ever got into the store. They aren't and they won't because they don't care about any of us.

Originally posted by LightAssassin
Why do you think the Southern hemisphere isn't suffering any sort of Nuclear disaster? Do the Math

6.228 billion in Nothern Hemisphere and
0.692 Billion OR 692 Million in the Southern Hemisphere

The resulting world population, not including death from war, malnutrition disease and whatnot =

694 Million

What was that magical number again that the NWO/Illuminati want?

500 Million.

And that figure was based on ruining all the landmass of the northern hemisphere? No. Look again at those half-lives. What are the corrupt little scumbags gonna do when more than half of Earth's land mass is uninhabitable? There's many better ways to do that particularly conspiratorial job without waiting a million years for the soil to be decontaminated.

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 08:41 AM
link   
Yes, Given that the Southern Hemisphere will seem to be largely unaffected then Yes, 690 Million could easily populate the Southern Hemisphere. They do already.

Thats why there is such a big oil grab...and then I suspect they will then use weather manipulation to protect certain areas from radioactive clouds and such...but in the end it will end in tears because they cannot stop Mother Nature, and she has something big plaaned for us all.

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 08:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer

Ahhh, conspiracy math.

Love it!

Had to star that one!

I'm in the Rio Grande Valley down stream from Los Alamos and from what I hear, folks are more concerned with the fire itself than radiation leakage. At least for now. If the wind changes it could be a shtf event at least locally. If it's any consolation; I'm not to worried.

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 08:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by LightAssassin
Yes, Given that the Southern Hemisphere will seem to be largely unaffected then Yes, 690 Million could easily populate the Southern Hemisphere. They do already.

Thats why there is such a big oil grab...and then I suspect they will then use weather manipulation to protect certain areas from radioactive clouds and such...but in the end it will end in tears because they cannot stop Mother Nature, and she has something big plaaned for us all.

A bunch of conspiratorial nonsense with no shred of proof. "I am afraid this and this will happen and then this will happen blah blah blah blah." Guess what, most of Europe has had radioactive cesium since 1986 due to Chernobyl. The unofficial death toll is 1 million. Most of those people (and babies/fetuses) didn't know what they died from, but it is provable by statistics. Though horrible, it is a small fraction of the population of Europe & Asia. Fukushima can keep going off, in fact dozens of Fukushimas could go off and while they may kill millions, shorten lifespans and make life very scary, they wouldn't wipe out the northern hemisphere. Any amount of radiation which would actually wipe out most humans in the northern hemisphere would necessarily also make the southern hemisphere much worse than the exclusion zones of Fukushima & Chernobyl.

Your theory is BS.

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 01:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Observer99

Everyone just calm the # down.
NOTHING i repeat NOTHING will happen. Just go out side look at the sky(smoke em if you got em) and take a deep breath.

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 02:12 PM
link   
are you telling me the entire US Gov cant bulldoze a simple fire lane around a bunch of tents?..I call BS

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 03:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Signals

Right, same type of "disinfo" as the 200 tons of MOX fuel at Fukushima's spent fuel pool that went up into the air.

Just because something is bad beyond comprehension does not necessarily make it "disinfo"

Get a clue please.

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 04:12 PM
link   

ONE rag saturated with plutonium will contain TRILLIONS of plutonium molecules...

out of 30,000 drums of 'yadda yadda' level waste, you really dont think ONE plutonium saturated rag didn't make it into one of those barrels?

why do you imagine they are soaking rags in some sort of plutonium solution??

talk about smoking 15 cartons of Camel non-filter cigarettes at once.... YIKES!

Yikes indeed - making up information to support your viewpoint is generally seen as bad form - some would even call it disinformation....

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 04:38 PM
link   

Absolutely correct on your assessment! Bravo!
It's the "Combined Disasters" in the Illuminati card game.
Everything (plus a few more nuclear meltdowns on U.S. soil) is right on schedule.

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 05:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by H1ght3chHippie
reply to post by Signals

Right, same type of "disinfo" as the 200 tons of MOX fuel at Fukushima's spent fuel pool that went up into the air.

Just because something is bad beyond comprehension does not necessarily make it "disinfo"

Get a clue please.

Hmmmm, I think you misunderstood my post.

Next time I will use the [ / sarcasm ] code.

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 05:24 PM
link   
Wow, I thought this thread was about the fire near Los Alamos, silly me.

On Topic (just for the heck of it)-

Just before leaving home about five hours ago, they were reporting the fire WILL NOT endanger Los Alamos. Everyone can come up out of their shelter for now.

***resume rants, pseudo science and false history***

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 10:16 PM
link   

Piss off, we don't want you yanks spoiling our southern paradise anyway

To be honest though, everyone is getting radiation. Even guam got hammered. We're all in this and moving south doesn't really get you away from it as much as you think.
Besides, you are the ones using nuclear power, not us. It's illegal here in New Zealand! We don't even let your fancy nuke ships in.

I'd say they'll have los alamos wrapped down pretty good against this fire, it is a facility with a large amount of millitary importance.

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 10:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by GhostR1der

Piss off, we don't want you yanks spoiling our southern paradise anyway

To be honest though, everyone is getting radiation. Even guam got hammered. We're all in this and moving south doesn't really get you away from it as much as you think.
Besides, you are the ones using nuclear power, not us. It's illegal here in New Zealand! We don't even let your fancy nuke ships in.

I'd say they'll have los alamos wrapped down pretty good against this fire, it is a facility with a large amount of millitary importance.

I live in Adelaide, South Australia...I'm well safe. This is advice for others, their choice to take it or leave it.

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 10:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by GhostR1der

Unless there's an emergency - either on the ship, or on land when the ship can help.

And while nuclear power is illegal in NZ (and weapons too), nuclear medicine isn't, so nuclear waste isn't either!

seems likely.
edit on 30-6-2011 by Aloysius the Gaul because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 10:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aloysius the Gaul

ONE rag saturated with plutonium will contain TRILLIONS of plutonium molecules...

out of 30,000 drums of 'yadda yadda' level waste, you really dont think ONE plutonium saturated rag didn't make it into one of those barrels?

why do you imagine they are soaking rags in some sort of plutonium solution??

talk about smoking 15 cartons of Camel non-filter cigarettes at once.... YIKES!

Yikes indeed - making up information to support your viewpoint is generally seen as bad form - some would even call it disinformation....

I've worked at the Mercury (Tonopah) Nuclear Testing Facilities out here in Nevada... Cleanup Work in some cases, IMHO from OBSERVATIONS... was sloppy. lol. and no, I don't have pictures to prove it because that's a no no... (doh, obviously)... with a hefty federal pricetag attached to it.

all I can say, my young padawan, is that you must have great faith in your government, and human ability to be perfectly acurate with all that they do, to make a comment like that heh...

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join