It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

EPA On Radiation Alert As Fires Reach 50 Feet From Los Alamos Nuke Plant

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 12:45 PM
link   
The fire has reached very close to the Los Alamos Nuke plant with basicly nothing protecting the waste. we all know the government won't tell us there is a porb. This good be very bad... If you live around there protect yourself ASAP www.gcnlive.com...

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 12:50 PM
link   
every time i come on here theirs always somthing about nuclear plants going tits up

with all this radiation floating about wer all going to be mutants soon...or riddled with cancer

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 12:52 PM
link   
Well golly gee whiz, it came on so fast and left them with absolutely no warning that something might need done to further secure and protect the fields of waste just sitting there in the sun. What could they have done?? It's not like they've had WEEKS to watch this fire slowly but surely develop in their direction or anything.... Or wait.. They did? They knew for weeks?? Oh.. Well.. It's a government lab, it must have been someone else's job and everyone knows how the Union's are about doing a job that isn't strictly yours to do.

If one bit of radioactive waste escapes that place from waste OR source material that could have and should have been properly secured WELL IN ADVANCE, then people need to go DOWN for it this time. Not fired and not suspended. How about spending the next couple decades in a New Mexico prison? I hear those are very nasty places to spend serious time in. It's time so asses from the Government find out for us and report back...in 10-15 years.

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 01:01 PM
link   
Between Fukushima, Nebraska, and Los Alamos, I'm better off hopping in my microwave for 35 seconds.

Mother earth is dying because we didn't consider her..

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 01:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

If this keeps happening i think we are all going to glow soon. I read about a nuke plant in Scottland i belive that had to shut down because jellyfish were attacking it and got in the cooling waters for the plant.

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 01:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

What could they have done???
You are correct-maybe they should have employed people who would say NO to keeping waste in tents...its a dry area,where fires should be expected and included in any disaster planning for cryin out loud.

I know hindsight is great an all-but so is common sense and keeping waste in tents out in the desert is a major no no I would have hoped.

What a crazy situation.
edit on 29/6/2011 by Silcone Synapse because: s[

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 01:10 PM
link   
It's all under attack on purpose. These things have been sitting around for how many years and now all of a sudden? If you think this is by happenstance or "accident" or "coincidence" then you are quite mistaken. There are no coincidences. Wake up.

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 01:11 PM
link   
reply to post by My.mind.is.mine

I would take radiation theropy over all these plants going down

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 01:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Bonified Ween

What or who do you think is doing it and why?

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 01:17 PM
link   
reply to post by badgerman24

can you say.. Illuminati?

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 01:18 PM
link   
reply to post by ConspiraCity

That would make sence. I just like hearing why people think what they do. Any extra information i can get is better.

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 01:18 PM
link   
Aren't wild fires a feature of the facility and not a design flaw?

Why are we worrying?

edit on 29-6-2011 by loam because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 01:20 PM
link   
Don't forget we have a nice hurricane going into the gulf too.

That should go well drudging up all the muck.

This is not getting better.

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 01:22 PM
link   
im getting worrid a lil cause i live around 10-15 miles from a 2 nuke plants, at least in the uk we dont get many

natural disasters that can make them go wrong but theres always human error and risk of fire just like this one

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 01:24 PM
link   
Maybe all the radiation is modifying the populace to be able to interact with others and can be used as a way to welcome CLEAN ENERGY FORM OF SOME SORT. Like look at them dirty nuclear facilities and what you can have NOW...

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 01:37 PM
link   
reply to post by niceguybob

Still a tropical storm at this point. Will bring some welcome rain. South Texas (a lot of the state actually) is under sever drought conditions, as is the area in question:

Which is part of the reason the fire has been exacerbated.

I have to wonder at the wisdom of storing nuclear waste outside. In tents?

Yes, tents...
edit on 29-6-2011 by jadedANDcynical because: let it scroll

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 01:50 PM
link   
reply to post by badgerman24

They want global power and unchallenged authority by limiting population via mass genocide. whats a better way to kill people then cancer, not to mention the dirty medical industry will profit billions.

I honestly cant wait till the SHTF, we will be able to get our vengeance on those governing us for greed and gluttony. You can add light to darkness, but you cant add darkness to light, light will always prevail.

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 12:00 AM
link   
reply to post by jadedANDcynical

Whoever thought that was a good idea should be slaped... ALOT

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 01:12 AM
link   
I see now there is another thread with the SAME name. Mine always get deleted when i post a double mine was first this time.

posted on Jul, 3 2011 @ 02:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Silcone Synapse

Well in the grand scheme of things it would have been nice to actually USE that huge facility we spent billions upon billions building at Yucca Mountain, Nv. It would seem Harry Reid raped that project for every crooked dollar he could work out from it then, when it was all but COMPLETE and ready to open, he spearheads the move to shut it down and play like it never existed. Absolutely unbelievable.

On a local level, fires like this don't spend extended periods over any one piece of ground. The non-fictions about firemen who have survived being over-run by a fire ...as well as post morteum reports on the two major fires where they didn't survive it...tells a lot about how little it really takes to secure a small, managable area (Like spent fuel storage, for instance) for the short term heat issues of a direct over-run... If they are really that worried, it tells me that such planning and moving at the local site has probably never happened.

Nuclear Power may have it's uses....I just can't trust it to be used by the same level of total stupidity we see from the Post Office to the Pentagon and everything in between. The very specific material storage at Los Alamos (of all places) should have 100% secure and impervious to wildfire a very long time ago. No excuses for this.

new topics

top topics

join