It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Military presence in West Tennessee

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+28 more 
posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 09:05 AM
link   
I live right outside of Henderson TN, and Monday morning I went to town to run some errands. Within a 1 mile stretch going through town I saw 5 black unmarked SUVs with government tags. I drove through town and up to Jackson. That is roughly 10 miles from Henderson. Between Henderson and Jackson I saw 10 State Trooper cars, 1 K9 unit car, and 3 Chester County Sherrif cars. Same on the way back. When I got back to town I heard helicopters so I stopped and looked for them. There were 2 Black military helicopters flying so low that I could read numbers on them and they were fully armed with rockets. I stopped at a gas station in town and a Army National Guard Captain was there and I asked him what was going on. He said FEMA was doing earthquake disaster drills all along the New Madrid fault this week. I asked if he thought it was odd to do a disaster drill with full armament. He said he thought it was odd.
Yesterday I drove to Memphis and went through Millington on the way. There is a REX 84 camp in Millington and it has full armed guards there now and appears to be fully functional. When I got home I saw three of the helicopters over our house flying low. Reason for my post today is that the helicopters and black SUVs are still here this morning. An agent stepped out of one of the SUVs this morning and had his gun on his side as well as what looked like an M16 type rifle.
I'm wondering why FEMA needs rockets and machine guns for a disaster drill. I will go back to town with my camera this morning and try and get pictures.

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 09:10 AM
link   
dont get too close or you may find yourself and your family camping involuntarily

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 09:12 AM
link   
The guns are for those that do not go into the camp gates quietly...
Actually in the event of a real emergency the guns would be to deter looters from pillaging and to maintain order in the middle of chaos.

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 09:14 AM
link   

I'm wondering why FEMA needs rockets and machine guns for a disaster drill.

yeah that's weird, even weirder is I can't find anything so far about this happening on the internet.

something smells fishy.

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 09:15 AM
link   
reply to post by Christian Voice

I live in Millington and know Henderson and Jackson, I have friends that live there. Where in Millington did you see the Rex 84 camp? I am willing to go pass by the area and see if there is anything observable if you can tell me where this is located....

Your observations are very interesting. I have heard absolutely nothing on local news about any earthquake drills being conducted this week. The great american shake out was observed here locally in April so they are conducting this 2 months later? Yeah, that makes no sense. Especially with rockets and machine guns being observed. My first instinct is to say ET has a downed craft but that's me, lol.

I would say be careful in taking pics....keep in mind what they did to that woman that was in her own yard while while taking pics while the police were in the street in front of her house.

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 09:17 AM
link   
Thanks for posting and please do keep an eye on this if possible.
There have been a number of FEMA and US Marine exercises going on recently.
I've seen several big Chinooks fly over for the first time since I've moved here.

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 09:17 AM
link   
Stay vigilant OP, probably just part of the big "excercise" going on, but you never know with the flooding and nuke plant issues we've got...

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/cc7a223227fa.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 09:21 AM
link   
OP be careful about taking those pictures unless you want to be ending up on the terrorist list.

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 09:27 AM
link   
reply to post by justsaying

The old Navy prison there was closed a while back along with most of the base. I think it's mostly admin there on the base now. I drove by it and there were armed guards out front. I've heard varying stories about the prison being open and closed. "Oficially" it is supposed to be closed.

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 09:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by Christian Voice
I will go back to town with my camera this morning and try and get pictures.

Let's hope you make it back in one piece. Seems like every time someone takes pictures of authority figures, they end up in jail, but yep, weird to say the least. Good Luck. Be looking forward to the photos.
edit on 29-6-2011 by Manhater because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 10:04 AM
link   
reply to post by Christian Voice

So this would be on the Navy base on Navy road? If so I will go by there but the guards won't let me on the property without being accompanied by someone that works there. I had a friend that used to work there but they transfered to another facility, but I will try to brainstorm and see if I can come up with another acquantance that still is working at the base. Much of the base flooded this past May and last May 2010 due to rising floodwaters from the Mississippi or heavy rains, first time in history this has happened, and many of the residents there had to find other shelter. Don't know if that figures into anything but thought I would through that out there. BTW, I live south of the base and I still do see a few planes that fly into and out of the base. I will be extra vigilant with my observations.

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 11:55 AM
link   
Just got back from town and naturally could see no sign of them anywhere. My father in law said they were at the new jail early this morning. I will be back in town later today and check it out then. My mother in law has her camera ready if she sees anything as well.

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 11:57 AM
link   

It's right there on Navy road. Right past the golf course. You can see most everything from the road. How far south do you live? I grew up in Frayser and lived there until 1991 when I joined the USAF.

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 12:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Christian Voice

It's right there on Navy road. Right past the golf course. You can see most everything from the road. How far south do you live? I grew up in Frayser and lived there until 1991 when I joined the USAF.

Ok, I drove past the base and the area you mention next to the golf course a little while ago. I didn't see anything out of the ordinary around the base, there was the usual amount of traffic going in and out of the main entrance to the base on Navy rd and then the secondary entrance on Navy rd was closed as usual. The buildings next to the golf course...I'm not sure which one is the prison since some of the buildings are not marked but today there weren't any military vehicles parked in any of the parking lots, but, I did see some civilian vehicles parked in one lot that did look like the adjacent building was not being used. I will keep an eye out though. Because they aren't there today doesn't mean anything. Unfortunately, the Millington police love to put people in jail for nothing and they have placed cameras everywhere around town so showing too much interest in the base would not bode well for me, as this is a small town and they don't have much to do except cause people problems.

I live south of the base between Millington and the motor speedway off Raleigh Millington road. You can probably figure out which area

I will get back to you if anything interesting comes up.

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 03:37 PM
link   
I wonder what the military is up to. Funny thing is I came across this thread this morning. As I was headed back to my place I saw two black helicopters flying together over this factory. I live in Cedar Rapids I.A. and to have them flying around is very uncommon. I've lived here for the past 16 years and have never seen them until today

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 03:45 PM
link   
reply to post by anon102

let us know what the weather is like in guantonimo bay and watch out for big bob!

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 04:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Grey Magic

I'm wondering why FEMA needs rockets and machine guns for a disaster drill.

yeah that's weird, even weirder is I can't find anything so far about this happening on the internet.

something smells fishy.

I found this
www.wreg.com...

The article was written last year but said that the drills would be this year. I didnt find anything saying this was going on at this time.

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 04:38 PM
link   
Wasn't the NLE2011 Exercise scheduled in this past May? We've might have missed it with all the military in the flooding of I-40, perhaps. Well, the 4th of July is this next Monday, and with Bin Laden being captured, hopefully the mobilization is preparedness for any-kind of incident.

Could be NRC folks or other checking to ensure the Nuke plant in Nebraska is safe; those waterways, when flooded, need to be kept track of...perhaps that's what they are doing.

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 06:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by trekwebmaster

Could be NRC folks or other checking to ensure the Nuke plant in Nebraska is safe; those waterways, when flooded, need to be kept track of...perhaps that's what they are doing.

With rockets?

Fema worst case scenario is mass riots, so if they train worst case scenario they need weapons. (In their opinion)

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 06:19 PM
link   
isIf you know what a B.O.B. is,you might want to get it by the door...tis has been reported over by Houston too

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join