It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iran warns of 'serious action' if upcoming BBC docu offends 'Muslims' sanctity'

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 02:52 AM
link   
www.newkerala.com...

Tehran, June 29 : Iran''s minister of cultural and Islamic guidance, Mohammad Hosseini, has warned to take “serious action” action if the upcoming programme on BBC2, showing a history of the prophet Muhammad, offends “Muslims'' sanctity".

Take action over a documentary if they deem it offends Muslims? Who are they to speak for all Muslims? I highly doubt every Muslim in the world thinks the exact same as Iran does.

What the enemy is trying to do in ruining the Muslims'' sanctity is definitely much more than causing us to react and unfortunately, some Islamic countries are not taking this issue seriously. One way to show objections is to express condemnation of the West over their despicable actions," Hosseini added.

Some Islamic countries are not taking this issue seriously? Good. Maybe these countries dont want to get hung up on a pointless thing to get heated about.

I doubt Iran would take hostile action over this, but then again, I dont trust them either. Im guessing they will just scream and holler more.

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 03:15 AM
link   
Err, you don't remember when people painted our Prophet Mohammed (sav.)?! Muslims protested all around the globe.

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 03:20 AM
link   
I love how some minds are so inferior to the point where any perceived insult is taken as a reason to chimp out in our good ole fashion human way. It is for this reason alone i fear that religion will never lead ones mind to its full potential due to those that use worship as a crutch for the harbor of their own insecurity.

Because of that, anyone who worships god on this level to include Christians will never be enlightened regardless of belief structure or self perceived moral guidance. Like the concept of time, religion is a man made occurrence not a God made occurrence. To think God (or whatever you would like to call him) would be only interested in your religion and not others due to the difference of worship is just petty arrogance. Which I might point out is why most of us will be burning in eternal fire....no virgins, no heaven, no nachos for us.

God does not care how you worship him, just as long as you worship him. To think that God would have that much vested in us on that level is just delusion. People forget that God is ALL things, he has no ego to bruise. He is just, he is fair, God makes the rules we follow, not the other way around.

Primitive minds in this fashion will never truly see. Not saying I will either, just pointing out that some minds are more evolved than others. People are still animals by the way.....actually more like a parasite to be exact.

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 03:21 AM
link   
reply to post by Kemal

I dont dismiss the highly likely possibility of large protests, but I doubt every muslim in the world would rally behind Iran for "serious action". If any serious action occurs (other than protests), I would think it would be a small group of people that take that action, rather than an entire, modern state.

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 03:24 AM
link   
reply to post by buni11687

They as Muslims have every right to express their opinions, and if they want to take action then that is up to them, the same way NATO went and destroyed another Muslim nation because one day they woke and felt like Liberating someone (cough cough).

See what I mean?

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 03:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by buni11687
reply to post by Kemal

I dont dismiss the highly likely possibility of large protests, but I doubt every muslim in the world would rally behind Iran for "serious action". If any serious action occurs (other than protests), I would think it would be a small group of people that take that action, rather than an entire, modern state.

You will see me protesting just like I did previously in the center of my town, condemning the horrendous insults thrown at all Muslims by some bigots who can't keep their dirty thoughts to themselves.

It looks like a routine, first they go and bomb Muslim countries, kill thousands of their women and children who are completely innocent, who have done absolutely no crime, then they go create these horrendous insulting documentaries or cartoons, like pouring fuel over a flame, eventually you will burn yourself.

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 03:46 AM
link   
reply to post by confreak

Amazing, moslems may be offended by a factual documentary, I suppose it will be one of the the religeous nuts that decide it does't fit in with his way of thinking when he wakes in the morning.

Mind you remember people, Islam is a religeon of peace. Apart from the fact that they hate everyone including themselves ( sunni's etc) if you don't agree or submit then you need to be killed, eradicated, burned blah blah blah.

Nice

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 03:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by confreak

Originally posted by buni11687
reply to post by Kemal

You will see me protesting just like I did previously in the center of my town, condemning the horrendous insults thrown at all Muslims by some bigots who can't keep their dirty thoughts to themselves.

It looks like a routine, first they go and bomb Muslim countries, kill thousands of their women and children who are completely innocent, who have done absolutely no crime, then they go create these horrendous insulting documentaries or cartoons, like pouring fuel over a flame, eventually you will burn yourself.

You are forgetting what Muslims themselves do to women and children. Like the catholic clergy they are just as guilty if not more so. The social standard of equality in that very religion just isn't there. When all of Islam is treated in this respect to equality then you may have an argument. That's not to condone the evil that the self righteous west does. Just consider that the ones doing it are the rich minority.....hell even Muslim leaders treat their people the same in some instances.

Not labeling here just drawing some unique similarities that are often overlooked. The way I see it, Muslim is what Christianity was 300-800 years ago in respect to the taboo treatment of women and children in most cases (not all mind you). So you can't really raise that part of it as a valid point unless all are treated equally.

Not dogging anyone's religion, just pointing a few things out here. And the murder of the innocent is beset on all sides by the tyranny of evil men regardless of religion choice. You'd be very surprised just how close Islam is to Christianity in the sense of the word long written down.

Get away from the group think and I think you'll see there is more to gain by all sides getting along rather than raising the pitch fork of doom.

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 04:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kemal
Err, you don't remember when people painted our Prophet Mohammed (sav.)?! Muslims protested all around the globe.

There protest are primitive and I think that the world governments are looking for a good reason to clamp down on the Islamic extremist growth and we shall see the use of deadly force on Countries like Iran for overstepping their boundaries.

I say show this documentary as it will be nothing more than fairy tales anyway and let Iran do their worst. Then with the power of almighty Nukes we can demonstrate to the Islamic extremists that the world will not be held hostage by their dumb and primitive cave dwelling nonsense. I happen to support the mockery of all religion to through some sanity on their ways of life.

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 04:41 AM
link   
reply to post by confreak

Seems to me some people just want to bend over as far as possible to excuse Muslims and Islam and apportion blame to anyone and anything else.

It has nothing to do with Iran or any other Muslim what I choose to watch in my country, simple as that, yet they are trying to impose their morals and values on me.

And it has absolutely nothing to do with any military conflicts that are occurring anywhere in the world; what was the excuse when a fatwah was issued against Salman Rushdie and other attempts at censoring anythng about Islam or Mohammed.

If people think they may be offended then simply don't watch it.

Deny ignorance?
More like some people like to wallow in it!

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 06:48 AM
link   
Knowing the BBC they will pull a southpark and have all images of muhammed censored,so as not to offend..
You know how PC they are these days.

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 07:25 AM
link   
reply to post by Kemal

WAAAAAAAA,WAAAAAAAAAA Free speech!!!! The fictional characters "Christ, Muhammad" are portrayed all over the place.

Get over it already. All it is, is art and expression. All religion is a joke... Islam is making it self the most popular joke. At least the other religions have kept pace with society, transforming to fit the times.

Christianity is ridiculous... Islam is violent and ridiculous.

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 07:35 AM
link   
reply to post by ShaunHatfield

This is a great site and says it all for me:

www.jesusandmo.net...

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 07:40 AM
link   
For all the BBC can be spineless and is riddled with PC'ism it does still occassionally make the odd excellent programme and if this is truly an unbiased telling of the facts about Mohammed's life then it should be welcomed by all concerned.

I was unaware of this programme but am now looking forward to it and hopefully learning something from it.

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 07:47 AM
link   
reply to post by Freeborn

I hadn't heard of it either.. great way to drum up support for Aunty..
I'll be looking out for it
and hope that it turns out to be a non biased or pc piece.

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 07:55 AM
link   
Wow. So let me get this straight. Islamist can offend Christians and Jews but be damned if anyone offends them! Screw Iran. Islamist can circle Christian churches and chant about killing the Christian priest. Islamist can spout what amounts to vocal battery against Israel and the entire Jewish population on earth. But what ever you do, Don’t offend Muhammad! Don’t talk about him! Don’t draw him! Don’t speak any truth about him that they don’t like. Well, screw Muhammad! I hope I find him in the desert humping a camel so I can snap a pic and post it online for billions to see. They are just as hypocritical as every other asshat on this planet and they are no better than anyone else. Im so sick of this entitlement that everyone is being forced to believe Islamist deserve.

Just for reference, I think all organized religions are nothing but fail.

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 08:03 AM
link   
islam is like a weaker animal say dog or cat. West/illuminati is like a burly man with a stick harassing the poor animal and trying to corner it so that it can get the desired reaction . Ultimately it will get the desired reaction and then will bludgeon the poor animal to death.

But then there is Russia which is like a giant bear or tiger in the equation , who the man has trapped . once the bear is freed , watch what it will do ... that would be fun to watch . West will pay in terms of mass nuclear genocide for horrific war crimes it has committed on humanity for centuries

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 08:04 AM
link   

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 08:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by DerbyCityLights
reply to post by USAisdevil

Thats utter bull*&^%

Nice name. Im pretty sure you arent biased

i see you are a american sheeple . so you believe govt fairytales about 9/11 ?

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 08:07 AM
link   
reply to post by USAisdevil

Wow, right out with the personal attacks. My beliefs on 9/11 are none of your damn business. This is not the thread to discuss that.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join