It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gaza flotilla ship 'sabotaged by divers'

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 05:33 AM
link   
reply to post by Xcathdra

With Egypt opening the border with gaza, and allowing movement and supplies to enter the area, one hurdle was removed from the eqquation, which was the restriction of supplies.

Crossing still restricted

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 06:15 AM
link   
Restrions are eased -

Egypt opens border crosing in Rhafa

Egypt has relaxed restrictions at its border with the Gaza Strip, allowing many Palestinians to cross freely for the first time in four years.

Women, children and men over 40 are now allowed to pass freely. Men aged between 18 and 40 will still require a permit, and trade is prohibited.

The move - strongly opposed by Israel - comes some three months after Egyptian President Hosni Mubarak lost power.

Egypt and Israel closed borders with Gaza when Hamas seized power in 2007.

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 08:02 AM
link   

Because they want their 5 minutes fame and squeal 'the Israelis hurt us.....bwaaaaaaaaaaa"

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 08:04 AM
link   
reply to post by ken10

The Egyptian crossing was restricted......by REQUEST of Hamas!!!!

Why?

Had nothing to do with the Israelis......it was because Hamas will make less profits in their multiple businesses throughout Gaza. They have full control over all smuggling in to Gaza and make hundreds of millions of USD every year doing it.

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 08:29 AM
link   
reply to post by lifeissacred

just wanted to ask cuz you seem more versed with naval law or at least more knowledgeable about naval mattes then i am and honestly this is a question not like an attack or a snide remark but dont we still sorta have a block aid on cuba? i mean its not the same as the israli one(they actualy use boats to inforce it still right)how come our blockaid of cuba was legal back in the day vs this i realy am curious because if blockading a country your having problems with is illegal or at least just frowned apon how come the cuba one still stands and is legal and the isralies one is not? are they diffrent types of blockaid(ie is it a broader term then im realizing)

this is what i found so far en.wikipedia.org... i know its wiki but it kinda explained it better then i thought i had allready had it explained
edit on 29-6-2011 by KilrathiLG because: linky

greywolf.instablogs.com... heres an article allbeit from a blog but it makes some interesting comparisons
edit on 29-6-2011 by KilrathiLG because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 08:37 AM
link   
reply to post by KilrathiLG

Strange you bring up Cuba because they have some very rough times between 2012-2013. Stay tuned because I have a feeling the Cubans will start a big revolution there within a year.

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 08:46 AM
link   
reply to post by bluemirage5

well im not sure was our action against cuba an embargo or a blockaid ive never gotten the diffrence b4 but from what i gather embargo=stop something specific and in general trade but blockaid=well to block aid and stop boats mostlyl from coming in they can bolth be acts of war but one is usualy more tolerated then the rest?

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 08:51 AM
link   
Israel was blockaded by land for the first 30 years of its existence. There was no traffic in and out of Israel except by sea or air. Even today, traffic between Israel and its two neighbors that have signed treaties with is still negligible. Did anyone declare the Egyptian, Jordanian, Syrian and Lebanese closures of their borders with Israel illegal? Double standards abound in this case, and those who cry “violations of international law” should learn something about international law before they echo the cries of their puppet masters.

That the operation was badly planned and poorly executed is a fact, and heads should roll for that. Whoever planned it forgot two of the cardinal rules of war: “Hope for the best, but prepare for the worst” and “Know your enemy.” Five of the six ships were manned by the non-violent peace activists expected (useful idiots, as Lenin would call them)—and no one got hurt on those ships. The only ship where people were hurt or killed was the one where the “peace activists” initiated the violence. source greywolf.instablogs.com... i had never heard of this is this true or propaganda?if it is true it might just be an extension of the eye for an eye mentality they were lockded down on land and now there locking down the sea of an enemy

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 10:10 AM
link   
We blockaded Cuba during the Cuban missile crisis so we could stop Soviet ships from delivering short range nuclear missiles.

Once that was concluded, the blockade was ended.

What we do have against Cuba is an embargo. Its between just the US and Cuba and only affects Americans. All other nations have the ability to trade / sell military / commercial / etc stuyff to Cuba. etc etc etc.

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 10:45 AM
link   
reply to post by SpeachM1litant

Mossad has been a buzzy underwater bee....

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 11:02 AM
link   

I have'nt been able to get my head around Cuba......there is an embargo yet the US Military have a prison camp in Cuba!!! Can stranger things happen? I don't understand the politics between these two nations.

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 11:05 AM
link   
I would hope the IDF ROE would allow them to kill anyone who threw acid at the members of IDF. I watched some of that crap with whale wars where that bunch of knot heads threw Butyric acid filled glass containers at the poor researchers. I think Israel should just sink those nuts and let them swim ashore after chumming the water.

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 11:17 AM
link   
Egypt has opened the border with the Gaza strip.

This flotilla is just once again tying to paint a picture of the Israeli es as the bad guys.

The Israeli's have blockaded the ports to prevent weapons from being brought into the Gaza strip. With the border to Egypt open, I think that more weapons then ever will be brought into the Gaza strip and these weapons will be used to provoke another war.

I see a continuation of the wars in this area until someone uses Nukes.

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 12:57 PM
link   
It's rather silly to think Israel did this thing. Why take down 1 out of 1o ships, well outside their waters and generally before anything is within their jurisdiction? NOTHING is accomplished by it and the flotilla will just form up and come again..and again..and again..

No, I look to Tel Aviv to set an example with them this time, IF the convoy actually goes through with it, after how many of their own have 'jumped ship' and decided Israel wasn't worth dying for after all.

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 01:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by bluemirage5

I have'nt been able to get my head around Cuba......there is an embargo yet the US Military have a prison camp in Cuba!!! Can stranger things happen? I don't understand the politics between these two nations.

The Naval Station at Guantanmo Bay goes back to when we snagged the island from Spanish rule.

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 02:54 PM
link   

ah thank you for clearing that up for me i had been missinformed,seems like the embargo or whatnot we as americans have agaisnt cuba is nonsense ad should be stopped long b4 the Gaza one

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 03:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by KilrathiLG
reply to post by SpeachM1litant

seems like it would solve all this nonsense

Really?

Equality, justice and peace is the only answer.
edit on 29-6-2011 by Skittle because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 04:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by LongPatrol
You really need proof to come to a safe conclusion as to who was responsible for this attrocity? The Zionists are trying to starve people to death!

Arrant BS, since they allow unlimited amounts of most basic foods in though their own border crossings - en.wikipedia.org...

This in a long line of Zionist attrocities. How long will the world put up with it??

Probably for as long as the anti-zionists keep shooting rockets back at htem and threatening to extirpate Israel I imagine.

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 07:27 PM
link   
ATS at it's finest again. It can't be anyone but Israel, and it looks like Israeli job, but "let's not assume anything this early!".

Heh.. not that I have anything against an Israeli sabotage of the ships, but it probably isn't the story here. If Israel wanted these ships down, they'd be down already.

And boy oh boy am I looking forward to the day the flotilla comes here and tries to break the blockade! These morons have only two goals in mind - to try and break an armed naval blockade (LOL!!), and to earn their 15 minute of fame. Actually putting aid inside Gaza isn't on their top priorities, since if it was, they'd transfer it through Egypt already without any difficulties.

I hope the anti-Israel crowd opens many threads for my enjoyment at the day of the flotillas, I shine at your whinings.

BTW - It's starting to get really funny that the exact same people all over again are naming other people as "same old pro-Zionist web-defenders". Haha, and what are you? -Sigh- you poor folks are going to have so much to cry about, very soon. Don't worry.

Unfortunately for you, the vast majority of Earth will not care the slightest even if Israel bombs these ships with Naplam. Why? Because everyone that can do a 1+1=2 can see this flotilla is nothing but a bad PR machine? Because nobody cares about lousy activists that don't even care about getting aid into Gaza? Because nobody sympathizes with the same stupid ideology as you do? Just pick one of these reasons.

Happy waiting. I know I am!

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 07:42 PM
link   
reply to post by IsraeliGuy

That is an awful lot of hate there buddy. Napalm them for a political move?
I swear I have seen members banned for less.
But, carry on, Israeli.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join