It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jewish groups ask Vatican to punish Polish priest

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 01:54 PM
link   

Jewish groups ask Vatican to punish Polish priest

news.yahoo.com

VATICAN CITY (AP) — International Jewish groups have called on the Vatican to sanction a prominent Polish priest who they say uses his media empire to foment anti-Semitism.

They acted after the Rev. Tadeusz Rydzyk caused uproar in Poland by calling his country a totalitarian state that "hasn't been ruled by Poles since 1939."
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 01:54 PM
link   
3 pieces to this article which I would like to point out for discussion:

1 - "Anti-semite" used to mean someone who doesn't like Jews. Now it seems to mean someone who the Jews do not like. Is this article/event a classic example of this?

2 - In reading the article's text, in no place did I see where this accused person was being the least-bit racist or derogatory. All slanted speech came from the so-called "Awareness" organization called American Gathering of Holocaust Survivors.
Someone please clue me in on what, if anything, this group has to do with the political system of Poland.

3 - This story was found on the FRONT PAGE of Yahoo. Can someone explain to me WHY this is front-page news?

news.yahoo.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 02:04 PM
link   
I'm not really sure what the fuss is about?

Poland was run by Germans from 1939-1945.

Was run by Communist Russia from 1945-1990.

Joined the EU in 1994.

I could see how the Polish could say that they haven't been run by Poles since 1939, without even thinking about the Jews.

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 02:06 PM
link   
What the hell? After reading that all I can say is that, they are quite pathetic. He said nothing a long the lines anti semites. God damn, there is needs to be some serious growing up to be done.

Ah well... what can be said eh?

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 03:59 PM
link   
They will continue with their little victim mentality as long as people put up with it. They can do no wrong, they are god's people, and if you don't agree with them, you are an anti semite scumbag. The media reinforces this garbage, which lends credence to the people who claim the MSM, Banking, etc is all run by jews.

How can you blame people for saying that, when all the evidence points towards that being true? When is the last time the western MSM has run a story that didn't blindly support Israel, and bash anyone that disagrees with them?

Hitler would have had an easier time getting people to rally behind his idea of exterminating all the jews today, than he did before WWII, considering all the trash coming out of Israel on a daily basis. I think far fewer people would feel bad for them now-a-days.

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 05:53 PM
link   
Asa Polish person, its situations and events like this that PO Polish people many times, and then people wonder why its perceived that Polish people are anti-semitic. Now let me say right off the bat, I am not anti-Semitic, or against Jews, or anything like that. But causing such unrest when unfounded is not a way to make people come to your side.

But, there have been some serious instances where certain Jewish groups have provoked Polish people and slandered them, accusing them of horrendous things, and flat out lied about history to make it look as if Poland was always anti-Semitic. They put on this "Oh woe is us" act, and then lie about history, making Poland and her people look evil. This is just another instance of provocation of the Polish people, in order to cause more unrest, and then that way, they can claim how "anti-semetic" the Polish people are for siding with the priest in question, or any instance of disagreeing with them is perceived as "anti-antisemitism".

They insisted on calling Auschwitz a "Polish" concentration camp. They lied about certain atrocities that occurred during WWII, claiming Poles did them, when it was completely untrue. They demand constant reparations for lost property from WWII and constant apologies for who knows what. Many times, Poles were slandered by these groups.

It is sad that some people like to create hatred and fear out of nothing, in order to make a problem, where there wasnt.

new topics

top topics

join