It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"President Quixote's Legacy..."

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 10:02 AM
link   
"...confused ill-educated and not too bright"

-article here

I can't understand how anybody, from any part of the political spectrum, is happy with the current administration? How can anybody even consider voting this administration back in with a list like this, from the article:

-the economy worsened
-discretionary military efforts ("kinetic" if you prefer) increased
-an unpopular, flawed health care plan was forced on the public
-inflation increased, especially in critical goods like food and gasoline
-job prospects decreased
-the stimulus failed miserably
-"transparency in government" became a laugh-line for late night TV
-corruption in government accelerated to Chicago-style warp speed
-Housing worsened and shows no sign of bottoming soon
-Government debt and spending spun out of control
-Wall Street was bailed out and continues to enrich themselves
-Main Street was ignored and becomes poorer as bankruptcies and foreclosures mount
-race relations appear to have worsened

With newspapers and TV news down to 22% public confidence how are these policies propped up?

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 10:24 AM
link   

The Democratic Party is and should be worried about 2012. No Democrat, save the hapless Jimmy Carter, can be happy about their current situation. Carter is the exception because his lock on "worst President ever" is about to be broken by the current occupant.

Too Fn funny. I loved this piece.

A FOR-SURE read.

Good find!!

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 10:44 AM
link   
Well... These turbulent times are bringing down all current politicians in office in Western World.

Im not American citizen, I felt sincerely proud of the whole USA when President Obama was elected. I do not live in the US (and as occasional tourist cant have or bear to shed an opinion about Obama's Administration).

I just can tell you he rapidly sent the US back -at least observed from this side of the Atlantic- to the place, in terms of values and kindness, we all used to feel comfortable with.

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 11:10 AM
link   
reply to post by AboveTheTrees

He hasn't in any way other than whispy air. He has done more harm to Europe and our allies there than any president in recent history.

A compete and utter failure in every regard, by any measure.

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 11:41 AM
link   
On the plus side, Obama is taking the far left ideology and the mainstream media down with him. People who don't follow politics, read news or forums KNOW tht they have been harmed by failed Obama/Democrat policy at the grocery store and gas station. You cannot get more basic transfer of knowledge than that.

The media helped create this mythical monster of 'hope and change;' and they still carry Obama's water in buckets marked samely. The great hypocrisy of the media compliance of 'isn't he dreamy' juxtaposed with the fine tooth comb, media plus interested bystanders, review of two years worth of emails of the former Governor of the 48th population density state, is one example of many of the media "prop ups" of our Dear Leader. Toss in the 'any questioning of his judgment, abilities, or history equals RAAACISM!' And you have the perfect storm of damage to our Republic.

I will say it again, as a Nation we have been so played.

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 12:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Glinda

STAR (and a Flag & applause if I could).

Excellent posting.

Along with the Perfect mini-pic/avatar.

Classic.

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 02:10 PM
link   
This should be the nail in the coffin, right? I really can't even believe how bad it's gotten now...

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 11:32 PM
link   
reply to post by TreadUpon

Everyone keeps mentioning the MSM and their inability to report as the key in the ATF debacle. But, honestly, it is out there. People are aware. Now it is up to congressional leaders to take up the torch and show it is important enough to take some TV time from the Anthony trial.

So we are at this point: if this story goes away, it shows that this affair was an order from above Obama, and the GOP is just having to go along (meaning they are complicit). If this story blows up, then it will be to guide the election of a specific GOP candidate. In that case, expect race riots to be provoked by the CIA (if i were to guess).

top topics

join