It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Saw a UFO, trying to explain it but can't.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 04:40 AM
link   
Ok anyway here goes. A friend and I were hanging, walking around a dark part of town. I look up and see what looks like a really bright star. Seems normal enough, right? Well then I noticed it was moving. I quickly alerted my friend to it and he saw it as well.

It was moving from north to south, at first I thought it was a satellite but then it changed direction sharply going from west to east. By this time the light reflecting off of it was almost gone. I followed it, and followed it some more. Then as if it had enough it just took off like a bat out of hell and was gone. I can't wrap my head around it because I've never seen a human craft just change speed like that. I'm not trying to claim I saw a disc or anything like that, but this is the first I've ever seen anything like this.

Some of you guys are good with this. There were no blinking lights on it at all, it was high enough in the sky it had to be outside of earth.

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 09:10 AM
link   
reply to post by Judohawk

Like this?

Welcome to the club

What on earth can make a high speed 90 degree turn?

The only answer that came close to explaining it was this:

Originally posted by C.H.U.D.
reply to post by Mclaneinc

Perhaps odd for a satellite, but what if that was not the case...

Appearances can be deceptive, and although it might have appeared to be a single satellite, the OP has no way of knowing that for sure.

What if there were two satellites, and just as one moved into Earth's shadow (it would seem to disappear), the second happened to move out of Earth's shadow, making it appear as if one satellite had made an impossible turn?

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/de97e42a8c95.jpg[/atsimg]

In this diagram satellites A and B reach point X (on the boundary of Earth's shadow) at the same time - As A disappears, B appears.

There are certainly enough satellites up there for this chance occurrence to happen every so often, and more go up every year, so it will become even more frequent.

No one can say for sure if that is what the OP saw, but it is a possibility. As an astrophotographer I have taken tens of thousands of images of the sky, and captured 100's if not thousands of satellite passes (often as many as 3 on just a single frame), many that were barely visible to the naked eye, but I have never come across an object that makes a sharp turn.

If there are indeed objects that make true 90 degree turns, then why has one not been caught on film/camera? There are lots of others like me out there, so there is no reason they should not have been imaged if they did exist..

edit on 24-2-2011 by C.H.U.D. because: (no reason given)

...but I personally don't buy it.

There are a few more members with exactly the same experiences in that thread also.

edit on 28-6-2011 by dsm1664 because: sp

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 12:23 PM
link   
tell me about it i just made an account, and its telling me i need to post 20 reply before i can account make a thread but ima post my video here with the youtube link

www.youtube.com...

- i just have picture but was recording got frustrated that my camera wasnt focus enough and didnt want to miss anything at all

- these are unedited films or pictures in the picture u have to zoom in, and for video click on 780p =D

i638.photobucket.com...
i638.photobucket.com...
i638.photobucket.com...
i638.photobucket.com...
i638.photobucket.com...
i638.photobucket.com...
i638.photobucket.com...
i638.photobucket.com...
i638.photobucket.com...
i638.photobucket.com...
i638.photobucket.com...
i638.photobucket.com...
i638.photobucket.com...
i638.photobucket.com...
i638.photobucket.com...
i638.photobucket.com...
i638.photobucket.com...
i638.photobucket.com...

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 12:24 PM
link   
www.youtube.com...

sorry this one

Posting video links - ALL MEMBERS PLEASE READ
* Link
* Description
* Review/Opinion

edit on 28/6/2011 by Sauron because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 12:47 PM
link   
I have seen a few like this, only when it is dark enough so you don't have much light pollution. I saw a large blue/white light 2 weeks ago whilst camping in the lakes. At first, it seemed to be a satellite, but stopped suddenly and started off again at a 90 degree angle, pretty fast, and it seemed to be on the other side of our atmosphere. I had had a few beers but we all saw it, my girlfriend and her family. Was pretty weird...

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 01:46 PM
link   
dsm, yea it did kindof move like that. But I should also mention that as it was moving from north to south it was extremely bright. Pretty much the brightest thing in the sky at the time. So whatever it was had to be high enough to be reflecting alot of sunlight. I'm normally inclined to believe man made object but when I saw it increase speed and just speed off that really got me going. The speed it raced off was just insane.

new topics

top topics

join