It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Atheists, a word?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 01:56 AM
link   
I'm going to say this because I see this so much. A general statement about believing in God being delusional and so on and so forth will come from an Atheist. Okay, fair enough. But then later responses will hone in on one particular religion. Namely, Christianity.

Now, there's plenty to criticize in Christianity. I could write a whole novel myself. My problem is that the Atheists in the debate thread will be condescending and brag about being so logical a lot of the time, yet at the same time they can't seem to keep track of what the topic is. Why is it that it goes from being a general critique of believing in God to a specific critique of Christianity? Why is it that it seems like there's this automatic assumption that anybody who replies in favor of Theism is a Christian?

THERE ARE MORE BRANCHES OF THEISM THAN CHRISTIANITY.

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 02:03 AM
link   
i agree but christians are generally the ones to push their beliefs on you..
I had some Mormons come to my door the other day begging me to listen to them about "god" and why i should convert.. personally what a load of crap its just another way to get money from people.

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 02:04 AM
link   
Exactly,and saying theyre all delusional is ignorant. Those who say that, like the thread "from the eyes of an athiest" are the minority really. Just like not all christians are like the WBC.

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 02:08 AM
link   
Go for the king, why mess around attacking the lesser lords of the land.

However, If I wanted to crumble most religions on earth in one go, I would focus on disproving judism...since all the major religions (besides buddism) stands on each others sholders and judism is the foundation...remove that and the rest (theoretically) crumble down.

So, you make an ops...for proper anti-theism that serves a point, just focus in on the first several books of the bible...go for the heart, not the face.

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 02:17 AM
link   
reply to post by FreeNergy

I believe those were Mormans. Although they are a "branch".

If you look at it from all angles, I think some people want to save others from "hell". That's why they push religion onto others. Yeah some might be in it for money, and some do it because they believe. We all come to our own conclusions on morals, life, and death.
edit on 28-6-2011 by inthemass because: I read your post wrong.

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 02:17 AM
link   
reply to post by gnosticquasar

Because the largest Religion in the westernized world is Christianity and they will pick-apart what Religion they know of best.

That would probably be the correct answer.

Not that they won't attack other Religions as well.

Just that Christianity is something they are more familiar with on a know to know basis.

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 02:19 AM
link   
reply to post by gnosticquasar

maybe this occurs because on ATS at least - the overwhelming majority of those defending theism are christian - i personally do not recall a single jewish , moslem , hindu or other religion represented in atheism threads

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 02:25 AM
link   
reply to post by ignorant_ape

Hi! I'm in that general vicinity every now and then, and, if I'm a Christian, I'm also a corncob pipe. Though, to be honest, I prefer to focus on less divisive topics...like politics.

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 03:10 AM
link   
All denominations have become Babylon in these last days. However, all throughout history there have been people who have followed God's Word the way He intends us to. The last denomination to do such was the Seventh-day Adventists. But now even they have been caught in Satan's snare, and have become part of Babylon.

However, there are still individual people who continue to stay true to the Word of God. These are the Remnant Church of Revelation 12:17. The true Remnant Church of the last days are those who Satan really hates:

Revelation 12:17(KJV)
17And the dragon was wroth with the woman, and went to make war with the remnant of her seed, which keep the commandments of God, and have the testimony of Jesus Christ.

Why does he hate the Remnant Church so much? Because this particular group of people understand Bible prophecy, and are more able than even the most famous preachers to reveal to others what Satan's agenda is, and what the Word of God really teaches us. These people have the testimony of Jesus Christ, which is the Spirit of Prophecy:

Revelation 19:10 (KJV)
10And I fell at his feet to worship him. And he said unto me, See thou do it not: I am thy fellowservant, and of thy brethren that have the testimony of Jesus: worship God: for the testimony of Jesus is the spirit of prophecy.

True Christians are not those claiming to be Christians, yet are obviously not. True Christians have the meek, humble, loving nature that Jesus demonstrated every day of His life while he was here on earth. It was prophesied long ago by Jesus that the world would hate his followers:

Matthew 10:22(KJV)
22And ye shall be hated of all men for my name's sake: but he that endureth to the end shall be saved.

Revelation 20:4(KJV)
4And I saw thrones, and they sat upon them, and judgment was given unto them: and I saw the souls of them that were beheaded for the witness of Jesus, and for the word of God, and which had not worshipped the beast, neither his image, neither had received his mark upon their foreheads, or in their hands; and they lived and reigned with Christ a thousand years.

The reason why there is a specific critique of Christianity, and a basically a full-blown attack on Christianity these days, is because Satan knows he only has a short time left, and he knows that if he is able to kill, injure, weaken the faith of, or discourage true Christians, then that just lessens the chances of the spread of the real truth about his agenda, and the truth about the what the Bible really teaches.

top topics

join