It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hello!! Will you just break my heart too? wink wink

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 06:33 PM
link   
Hi all,
I bet you get a lot of broken hearted souls that have been let down by GLP. I used to pop by here and GLP often in my conspiracy browsing, and one day decided to join one. Should have picked ATS. After a month of getting to know the folks at GLP, who was crazy who was brilliant, who was funny, and getting to love them all, i stumbled on the truth about them and was instantly banned. The speed at which I was banned was unbelievable. I didnt even say any banned words, just said that there were banned words.
So know I hva been dumped, but happy fo rit since they were crooked folk.
So before starting out at ATS, is there anything i should know regarding avoiding being banned> If i stumble, will i get a warning, or ban? I cant even look at glp now, let alone post. weird.
but i am glad to be here. As i said i came across this page sooooo often when looking into anything related to conspiracy. I only went with GOD L P since I am a struggling Christian, and I think I thought it was a sign from God that I could find out things there. (lol, I know, stupid of me)
so, hope to meet all of you over the next little while, i love to debate things, love to believe things, and also love to debunk things, but all is meant in good spirits, so i apologize in advance to anyone I may disagree with, debate with, argue with, in inadvertantly offend.
I am not always or even often right, I just love the conversations and riddles and questions and alternative thinking.
so pleased to meet you all!
chrissie

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 06:37 PM
link   
How many times do you think you could mention an alternative website in the first paragraph of an introduction?
Quite a few if you try hard enough I guess.
Oh and hi, pleased to meet you.

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 06:42 PM
link   
reply to post by chrissiel123

Hi Chrissie - first off, if you don't mind, exactly what truth did you find out about GLP? I've looked at it a few times but never joined or seriously followed - lots of people here despise it, though.

Secondly, well met and hope you find some good info here. As with anything, lots of chaff to sort before you find wheat, so apply salt liberally.

And finally, if you ever care to discuss the faith or have questions on it, lemme know as is an area I love even if am no expert. Take care and I hope you enjoy your time here.

PS. - is easy to get frustrated here sometimes, work on being a duck and letting things run off your back.

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 06:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by chrissiel123
Hi all,
So know I hva been dumped, but happy fo rit since they were crooked folk.
So before starting out at ATS, is there anything i should know regarding avoiding being banned> If i stumble, will i get a warning, or ban? I cant even look at glp now, let alone post. weird.

chrissie

Hi and welcome to ATS!

The one thing you need to know is that ATS has rules and they are enforced

Fully read and follow the Terms and Conditions of Use and you should be fine!

Enjoy your stay!

GEL

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 06:45 PM
link   
I started there...got banned for some reason that I still don't know.

Joined here and a week later my ban was lifted...for some reason that I still don't know.

Didn't bother going back and I'm now glad that I got banned. Otherwise, I might never have found myself on ATS.

Sometimes a spanking is a good thing!

Welcome

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 06:47 PM
link   
Hello, and welcome! The rules around here are pretty straight forward. I'm sure a moderator will be around soon to give you some useful links.

Please note that this site does't take kindly to exaggerated claims or half truths. If you wanna post something as a fact you better be ready to back it up with something substantial. Just friendly advice.

Also, absolutely no talk about psychoactive drugs. The mods are really strict about this one.

I hope you enjoy it here better than GLP.
See you around the forums!

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 06:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by HologramDenier
How many times do you think you could mention an alternative website in the first paragraph of an introduction?
Quite a few if you try hard enough I guess.
Oh and hi, pleased to meet you.

sorry - didnt realize i was doing that haha! guess i am still a bit ticked at them!

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 07:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Praetorius

Hi Chrissie - first off, if you don't mind, exactly what truth did you find out about GLP? I've looked at it a few times but never joined or seriously followed - lots of people here despise it, though.

Secondly, well met and hope you find some good info here. As with anything, lots of chaff to sort before you find wheat, so apply salt liberally.

And finally, if you ever care to discuss the faith or have questions on it, lemme know as is an area I love even if am no expert. Take care and I hope you enjoy your time here.

PS. - is easy to get frustrated here sometimes, work on being a duck and letting things run off your back.

well, since the minute i joined i saw a few people tittering about "forbidden words" that can get you banned. I just assumed they were referring to racist or hate-crime type things, until a poster mentioned googling a word - i have forgotten it already. something-stock i think it was. i will have to google it to find out again. I thought that was odd, so i decided to do a google for "GLP banned words" adn up popped an article of said words. apparently "above top secret" is banned, "jason lucius" (a glp owner) is banned words, along with several others. It apparently had something to do with GLP being bought out along with several other alternative media site in an effort to control the anarchists. I went to GLP and posted about it, and was banned within ten minutes or so.
not sure if there was truth as to why the words are banned, but no one from GLP cared to comment or defend.
also, what really got me googling was when one of the main mods posted a thread about how overweight people on food stamps should have their stamps revoked until they have had time to live off their own body fat! I thought for a mod that was a terrible thing to say, and it seemed designed to divide the glp'ers adn get fights started, which it did. I mean, i am against fraudulent use of food stamps too, but to assume that onyone that is fat and on them is a criminal is just wrong.
so long story long - can you tell i am a talker by my long posts? - i decided a forum that takes part in such blatant cencorship is hiding something. so i dont mind that i got banned, but am ticked that my thread about it is gone now, so no GLPers will know why or what is happening.
and nice to meet you!!

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 07:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Praetorius

and yes, i am sure we will have many faith related discussions on here, as i love those kinds of talks and find them very relevant to what is going on in the world today - if i dont agree with your views, please know that i love you anyway, and i just get closeminded sometimes out of fear of deception by you-know-who!!
you values and opinions of course are welcomed and wanted too!

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 07:06 PM
link   
Let us remember - this is the Introduction Forum
The Introduction Forum is for introductions… To tell something about you; not to start a thread about a topic. ATS has a twenty post requirement before a new member can start a thread on the myriad of ATS fora… “Intro threads” that are really “topic threads” will be removed. Twenty may sound like a lot, but it won’t take any time at all (especially if you start a really good introduction thread ). The minimum post requirement is there to give you a chance to acclimate to how ATS operates… And what constitutes quality content contribution (and maybe what doesn’t ). The bottom line is that your intro thread is about your favorite topic… You!

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 07:08 PM
link   

hi chrissiel, welcome to ats, aslong as you dont say sh#t or bugger youll do just fine.

link   

Originally posted by ProjectBlue
Hello, and welcome! The rules around here are pretty straight forward. I'm sure a moderator will be around soon to give you some useful links.

Please note that this site does't take kindly to exaggerated claims or half truths. If you wanna post something as a fact you better be ready to back it up with something substantial. Just friendly advice.

Also, absolutely no talk about psychoactive drugs. The mods are really strict about this one.

I hope you enjoy it here better than GLP.
See you around the forums!

haha - i dont do drugs nor endorse them, and dont even know what type of drug that is without popping off to google first, so shouldnt be a problem there. and very happy to hear that half-truths are not welcome, that was a big beef for me at the other site. Too many people posting unfounded stuff, but when you ask where the proof is the answer is always "prove it isnt real". i personally the onus of proof rests on the shoulders of he/she that introduces it to the forums, right?
i am going to get along here i think, once i get used to the different layout.

link   

Nice to meet you as well..welcome. That mod sounds like a jerk from GLP .

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 07:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by neonitus

hi chrissiel, welcome to ats, aslong as you dont say sh#t or bugger youll do just fine.

thanks for the welcome.
i dont use foul language and stay away from racial slurs too, so i should be good there! but thanks for the warning.

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 07:11 PM
link   
reply to post by jude11

I always thought GLP was looser in terms of banning than ATS, since many banned ATS'ers seem to head over there.

Ive only been once or twice myself, and never joined. I just spied on what they were saying about ATS. Lol.

Welcome to ATS, OP, and Im sure you will hate me at some point if you are the sort that would join a forum just because the word "God" was in the title, but until then, cheers and enjoy your stay on ATS!

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 07:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by gabby2011

Nice to meet you as well..welcome. That mod sounds like a jerk from GLP .

thanks for the welcome. yes on the surface he sounded jerkish to me too, but the comments in that thread seemed transparent to me, like he was just trying to rile people up on purpose. but i could be wrong. And it was one of the main mods, big fanbase there, so nothing i could say against him would be listened to by anyone. he was the GLP hero from what i could gatehr, getting their telescope up and running for them to all get pics of elenin.
i really wanted to see what he came up with on that one though.

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 07:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Illusionsaregrander
reply to post by jude11

I always thought GLP was looser in terms of banning than ATS, since many banned ATS'ers seem to head over there.

Ive only been once or twice myself, and never joined. I just spied on what they were saying about ATS. Lol.

Welcome to ATS, OP, and Im sure you will hate me at some point if you are the sort that would join a forum just because the word "God" was in the title, but until then, cheers and enjoy your stay on ATS!

dont worry i hate no one, especially over religious beliefs (although i came close once with a guy that kept telling me jesus lives on the space ship capricorn, but it was more about his attitude than his beliefs)
i know religion can be a thorny issue for everyone. i am not so uber religious that i had to join because God was in the title, it was more the timing that drew me to it. The conversation was like "God, give me a sign of wher eto go for insight" and then some website mentioned glp at the same time, just felt like a sign to me!! lol, i know silly of me. Though i do think i might have been led there. I was able to impart some wise words while there, so maybe if i reached one person it was worth it

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 07:25 PM
link   

dont worry i hate no one, especially over religious beliefs (although i came close once with a guy that kept telling me jesus lives on the space ship capricorn, but it was more about his attitude than his beliefs)

That cracked me up. I dont even know the whole story, but its still hilarious.

The conversation was like "God, give me a sign of wher eto go for insight" and then some website mentioned glp at the same time, just felt like a sign to me!! lol, i know silly of me.

No, not so silly. I understand the concept. Sometimes when you dont know for rational reasons what to do next, you just kind of look for signs and synchronicities. I think a lot of people here can relate to that.

Though i do think i might have been led there. I was able to impart some wise words while there, so maybe if i reached one person it was worth it

And, it brought you, eventually, here. To the best, hands down, conspiracy site on the interwebz. We have our little issues too, like all forums do, but from what I have read from you so far, you are going to like it here, and I think you will fit in well.

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 08:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Illusionsaregrander

That cracked me up. I dont even know the whole story, but its still hilarious.

lol - you would think so - but no, it is very serious stuff. apparently there is quite a large following of people that believe the Urantia Book. it was apparently written 20 years ago, i think, some guy dreamed it up, had it published. he said jesus was really a thing named sananda, and is living on the space ship called capricorn and working out of utah. apparently the only source for knowledge in this religion is through chanelling sananda or his commanders through special mediums...........
but who am i to scoff. it is an interesting tale.

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 08:46 PM
link   
Hi Chrissie - Just returning the hello.

Seems you signed up after me but took the plunge and posted before I did.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join