It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What is Dennis Kucinich doing in Syria?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 04:30 PM
link   

What is Dennis Kucinich doing in Syria?

www.cleveland.com

WASHINGTON, D.C. -- Cleveland Democratic Rep. Dennis Kucinich, who met with Syrian President Bashar Assad on a trip to Syria in 2007, met with him again today during another visit to the troubled Middle Eastern nation.

A report from Syria's official government news agency says that Kucinich met with Assad this morning, where the president "reviewed the recent events taking place in Syria" as well as "the advanced steps" the country has achieved in a "comprehensive reform program."
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 04:30 PM
link   
This isn’t the first time Kucinich has been to Syria. As recently as 2007, he appeared on Syrian state TV to denounce the war in Iraq.

The punch lines kind of write themselves on this one: looking for a new congressional district, Jimmy Carter is getting too old to be the useful idiot for the world's tyrants and so on … but seriously, why is a lone US congressman on a “fact finding” mission to a middle eastern nation currently besieged by its own population?

My money is on the “useful idiot” angle … either that or he is lining up a lobbying career for his post congressional future. Kucinich’s district is going to be eliminated when Ohio redistricts and his special brand of progressivism won’t sell well in any other district.

Thoughts.

www.cleveland.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 04:32 PM
link   
reply to post by SirMike

So whats wrong Dennis Kucinich been in Syria? like ron paul i have respects for Dennis Kucinich, but it seems to me that you have problem with people who are agaisnt the government and its elites.

My money is on the “useful idiot” angle … either that or he is lining up a lobbying career for his post congressional future. Kucinich’s district is going to be eliminated when Ohio redistricts and his special brand of progressivism won’t sell well in any other district.

Kucinich isnt a idiot SirMike, it seems to me that you love and even support the elites agenda with its manufactured uprisings.

Looks like your still a sheep.

edit on 27-6-2011 by Agent_USA_Supporter because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 04:38 PM
link   
Maybe he's there to tell him to give concessions or NATO is gonna invade his country.

Kucinich doesn't want more illegal wars from Washington DC, so he's trying to defuse it before it starts?

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 04:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Agent_USA_Supporter

Well. I certainly don’t agree with you in general, but you do raise several interesting points. For one, there certainly isn’t any precedent for fact-finding missions like this being used as slick PR campaigns by oppressive regimes.

And, as we all know, Syria is well respected both for its respect of human rights and its treatment of Palestinian refugees .

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 04:52 PM
link   
These must be some of the "comprehensive reforms" the Syrians want to share with Kucinich.

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 05:09 PM
link   
reply to post by SirMike

Kucinich is moving to another state after the redistricting.

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 05:10 PM
link   
reply to post by SirMike

Typical brainwashed elites supporter

And, as we all know, Syria is well respected both for its respect of human rights and its treatment of Palestinian refugees .

Is this the best you got? sorry but the same as Israel is respected both for its respect of human rights and its treatment of Palestinian people.

And Americas treatment of Serbian people living in america treating them unfairly.

there certainly isn’t any precedent for fact-finding missions like this being used as slick PR campaigns by oppressive regimes.

No he is going in Syria on his on free will.

These must be some of the "comprehensive reforms" the Syrians want to share with Kucinich.

You americans speak of comprehensive reforms will knowing that you americans have no reforms in your country which benefit the people and not the elites.

The riots and protests in the middle east are all manufactured, the same ones that happened in eupore in order to create a pro western eupore.

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 05:13 PM
link   
Did you even read the article you posted? It says plain as day why he went there.

Kucinich's office says Arab-American constituents in his district asked him "to investigate conditions on the ground in Syria and to see if resolution of a situation where violence has been spiraling and events are spinning out of control is possible."

According to his office, Kucinich intends to meet with democracy activists, nongovernmental organizations, small-business owners, civilians and government officials, in addition to Assad and the president of Lebanon - Michel Suleiman - where Kucinich is also visiting.

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 05:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Vitchilo
Maybe he's there to tell him to give concessions or NATO is gonna invade his country.

Kucinich doesn't want more illegal wars from Washington DC, so he's trying to defuse it before it starts?

Possibly. I'd like to think Kucinich really does have good intentions in mind.

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 06:42 PM
link   
I would rather see a lone congressman on a fact finding trip to Syria than on a taxpayer-funded vacation in Costa Rica.

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 06:50 PM
link   
i hope syria keeps him.

see yet another reason i cant stand kucinich what indeed is he doing there? its not his place.

the healthcare vote and now this kucinich is your classic two face political hack.

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 07:07 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

And neo96 loves the elites, typical misinformed American

see yet another reason i cant stand kucinich what indeed is he doing there? its not his place. the healthcare vote and now this kucinich is your classic two face political hack.

He has every right to be in Syria just like if That war monger idiot warmonger John McCain and John Kerry along with joe Lieberman, they can break the Logan Act by middling in affairs of other countries such as libya,egpyt i cant see why kucinich cant do the same thing.

It seems to me you haven't read the article, did you?

the healthcare vote and now this kucinich is your classic two face political hack.

Sounds like your a supporter to obama.

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 07:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Agent_USA_Supporter

too funny i support obama!!!!! it will be a cold day in hell.

i dont think any congressman should be going overseas and having a nice little chat with people who murder there own people in the streets.

thats what the secretary of the state and ambassadors are for.

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 09:37 PM
link   
"Kucinich's office says Arab-American constituents in his district asked him "to investigate conditions on the ground in Syria and to see if resolution of a situation where violence has been spiraling and events are spinning out of control is possible." "

god forbid a politician listen to his constituents.

top topics

join