It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A FREE gift for those of you searching for history in the secret societies

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 03:24 PM
link   
I have been on a search for the more 'historic' writings of free masonry, illuminati and other esoteric "things that go bump in the night".

I ran upon this site that offers a number of books, from the public domain (meaning that these works are too old for copyright and are free to download with out cost).

I have learned a TON of information. Mainly due to the dates of these books. This certainly lends a great deal of truth as they have not been tainted by half-cocked conspiracies from the past few decades (thanks to the likes of all of the Dan Browns of the world).

I highly recommend that all of you should at least have a look at this site, you may find a resource that you have been looking for.

And if this site does belong to a member here, then I would like to send a 'kudos' to you for a fine library of resource.

Click Here
edit on 27-6-2011 by azbowhunter because: some spelling errors

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 03:29 PM
link   
Hey thanks for the info, I was looking for free ebooks on the subject of secret societies but they were of course hard to come by. Thanks for the link!

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 03:38 PM
link   
The site I return to again and again is Sacred-Texts.com, and its Freemasonry category. (Though the other categories have a wealth of information as well.)

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 03:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by azbowhunter
I have learned a TON of information. Mainly due to the dates of these books. This certainly lends a great deal of truth as they have not been tainted by half-cocked conspiracies from the past few decades (thanks to the likes of all of the Dan Browns of the world).
Well, just because it's in the public domain, doesn't mean that it's old, and just because it's old, doesn't mean the author didn't have a conspiracy theory agenda.

While I do appreciate a number of the books posted on that site, including the likes of Fritz Springmeier is a genuine mistake for any site wanting credibility.

In the hoax category you can add Edith Starr Miller aka Lady Queensborough, and one should be careful reading John Robison as some of his sources may be questionable as well. (With Robison & Miller here, I'm surprised Nesta Webster isn't included on their site as well...)

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 04:00 PM
link   
reply to post by JoshNorton

I agree, however, the very agenda some of these writers have are well worth looking into as many new questions will beg for more answers and insight.

This is one of the main reasons why I enjoy reading from this era. There is nearly ALWAYS a bottom line message that once learned prove to be often overlooked "low hanging fruits"

And I enjoyed my visit to your link and I appreciate your contribution. It is now saved in my favorites. Thank you.

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 04:23 PM
link   
Any of Eustace Mullins' works?
"Secrets of the Federal Reserve" is an awesome read and filled with tons of information directly from the library of congress.
Then there's his writings on Jews. If you read with an open-mind they are very interesting. If you're any bit close-minded, well you will get offended quickly, even though he doesn't write anything too offensive. He actually writes in a pretty objective manner, but the truth often hurts.

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 04:31 PM
link   
This is a great link to public domain resources.

A lot of good information.

Duncan's ritual is always enlightening.

S&F op.

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 05:49 PM
link   

And I enjoyed my visit to your link and I appreciate your contribution. It is now saved in my favorites. Thank you.
Also, check ATS resource thread for the Western Esoteric Tradition and clandestine organizations.

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 08:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by JoshNorton

Also, check ATS resource thread for the Western Esoteric Tradition and clandestine organizations.

WOW! There is a treasure trove of info in that thread. It is odd however, that that particular thread did not show up in my search results before I posted this thread. That has been a common occurance as of late though.

Anyway, thanks once again for your share. I hope readers of this thread use all of the info on this thead to advance their knowledge of the strange and secret human forces at work here!

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 08:21 PM
link   
I think this site is operated by that Vigilant Citizen dude, so I wouldn't say he's impartial.
Still, some excellent books on there.

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 09:17 AM
link   
Also Anti-Masonry Points of View

I agree with Sacred-Texts too. Greatest source of esoteric texts in the world.

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 09:18 AM
link   
Here's what I find funny:

Whenever someone posts links to anti-Masonic texts, it seems like the Masons are the first to join in with their own links to books critical of the fraternity.

Try and find a Southern Baptist minister who has read the Satanic Bible...

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 03:17 PM
link   
like they say, they let their actions speak for themselves. i like to start with the anti anything before i go to the horse mouth anyway, its easier than digesting the word then trying to compare it with the criticisms.

new topics

top topics

join