It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Inflatable Shark Among 300 New Species Discovered in Philippines

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 02:04 PM
link   
beta.news.yahoo.com...
mainly this is just the next installment of newly descovered animals but-----
the inflatable shark title got my attantion.
with the pressure on the oceans of the world and the numbers of fish in danger of lousing poplations its no wonder that sharks would evolve a inflatable version to help reduce the stress of finding mates .
lolololololol

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 02:07 PM
link   
That sounds, interesting? I don't know but if they choose to mate with an inflatable shark that's their choice, but I'm telling you I would not be the person who has to replace the inflatables.

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 02:07 PM
link   
no pictures, not worth the post

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 02:19 PM
link   
reply to post by thegoods724

There are pictures, but you have to go to the article. The Swell Sharks are small, only a few feet, but still worth a look.

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 02:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by thegoods724
no pictures, not worth the post

....and yet your post here is jam-packed completely full of useful information.
Too bad we can't all be just like you. Our world would be a much better place.
/[color=302217]endSarcasm

Swell Shark:
A new species of swell shark from the deep sea.
To scare off predators, this shark can inflate its stomach with water to bulk up.

Deflated Duo:
These swell sharks can make like giants by inflating their bellies with water.

www.livescience.com...

edit on 6/27/11 by BrokenCircles because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 02:25 PM
link   
Got beaten to the pictures

They are very cute sharks, I hope people are successful in preserving ecosystems such as these in order that known species may be preserved, and new ones be found, and they can add to the knowledge of the world around us.
edit on 27-6-2011 by DeepThoughtCriminal because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 02:43 PM
link   
reply to post by thegoods724

It is obvious that your fingers are not broken as you posted just fine. Stop being lazy and read the articles for once and maybe just maybe you might find the pictures all by your self. Wow what an accomplishment THAT would be.

reply to Every One Else

The Philippines have had so many new discoveries as of late, its Awesome. I hope they can catch this sharks ability on camera so we can see how big it can get. I assume it is only in girth as they swell their stomachs with water.

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 03:11 PM
link   
reply to post by IPILYA

I assume that as of now, there probably isn't too much known about those sharks. I was wondering how big they might get.

I thought these 2 were quite interesting. I like the colors and pattern on this 'slug.'

Toxic Mollusk
A new species of Phyllidia nudibranch (also known as a sea slug). These brightly colored mollusks don't need shells for protection — instead they produce powerful toxins to keep potential predators at bay.

Deep Sea Star
A new species of deep-water sea star in the family Caymanostellidae that digests wood.

This one is just odd. There's not a very large abundance of wood in the ocean, but I guess when there is some to be found, there's not much competition after it.

top topics

join