It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Wildfire threatens Los Alamos National Lab

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 09:08 AM
link   
Do you have a link to the webcam?

I look at Inciweb.

Las Conchas

Map

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 10:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic
Do you have a link to the webcam?

I look at Inciweb.

Las Conchas

Map

Yeah but like I said the sky looks clear...
but you can go back and click the 30 day anamation and see how it marched right up to the edge of town
Live web cam LANL

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 06:54 AM
link   
reply to post by whaaa

Pray for rain!

Done

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 11:32 AM
link   
reply to post by Stormdancer777

Thank you Stormdancer!

Here is some video I took with my iphone on my way back from Santa Fe to Los Lunas last nite off of I25 at the Cochiti exit. The smoke is the cloud following the top of the Jemez mt range. All the dark clouds that looked like they might produce some rain didn't even come close to the fire.

www.youtube.com...

edit on 1-7-2011 by whaaa because: namaste

posted on Jul, 2 2011 @ 09:21 AM
link   
reply to post by whaaa

I see according to this article,

LOS ALAMOS, N.M. (AP) — The threat of wildfire reaching the Los Alamos nuclear lab and the town that surrounds it eased as crews made progress under cloud cover and rain, but concerns turned Friday to lands held sacred by a Native American tribe as firefighters braced for a hot, dry weekend.

The fire has blackened more than 162 square miles in the last six days, making it the largest fire in New Mexico history. Erratic winds and dry fuels helped it surpass the 2003 Dry Lakes fire, which took five months to burn through 94,000 acres in the Gila National Forest.

Read more on Newsmax.com: Fire near NM Nuclear Lab Largest in State History
Important: Do You Support Pres. Obama's Re-Election? Vote Here Now!

www.newsmax.com...

Where is the sacred land?

posted on Jul, 2 2011 @ 01:43 PM
link   
So did this thing burn out or are we just facing a media blackout?

posted on Jul, 2 2011 @ 02:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by The_Zomar
So did this thing burn out or are we just facing a media blackout?

www.kob.com...

This was the latest I found.

Los Alamos National Lab Director Charles McMillan said as the Laboratory moves from emergency to recovery mode, crews will go through the Lab property Saturday and Sunday to check facilities.

Crews will check for smoke damage and make sure utilities are working in all areas of the Lab. IT systems that were brought offline will be brought back up, and other IT systems will be checked.

McMillan said when the decision is made to lift evacuations in Los Alamos, bringing employees back to the facility will take multiple days, and be carried out in phases.

He stressed employees with extraordinary circumstances can work with Lab officials to come back to work when they can.

Los Alamos Police Chief Wayne Torpy said officials were moving resources in place to help people get back to the town when the evacuation is lifted.

posted on Jul, 2 2011 @ 03:09 PM
link   
Pueblo members mourn loss of sacred land

www.kob.com...

youtu.be...

top topics

<< 1   >>

join