It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Syrian troops close in on Lebanon border!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 12:35 AM
link   
Source: www.dawn.com...

DAMASCUS: Syrian troops pushed towards the Lebanese border as they pressed a deadly crackdown in central towns ahead of Monday’s opposition meeting in Damascus on the country’s unrest, activists said.

The latest violence in Kseir, near the flashpoint city of Homs, forced “hundreds” of people to flee over the border into Lebanon, the activists said.

Wow! This, to me, is getting really serious! Is Lebanon gonna get in on all this too? How long until the UN decides to mandate 'Humanitarian' missions to Syria? How long until a no-fly zone? Probably won't be long..

French Foreign Minister Alain Juppe said Sunday that Assad had passed the “point of no return

Either the UN or NATO will step in here soon and we will have another Libya, except this time, I beleive the Russians will have no choice but to step in.. They have already stated that they will not condone the use of force when it comes to Syria, as the also want to ensure the safety of one the their Naval bases located within the country. Again, more writing on the wall, leading up to another large conflict in the ME

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 12:46 AM
link   
I know people from all of these countries. They are mostly really nice people. Just regular people who want good jobs, a decent house, a car to drive, safety in their daily lives, to create a life for their children.

It's very tragic that the leadership of these countries is so hell-bent on preventing these simple things.

But the world isn't divided up anymore. The internet means every person knows what they have now, and what they don't have. This won't end until the governments are overthrown, or the people are suppressed in a horrendous way.

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 12:50 AM
link   
Many years ago a time traveler mentioned that the Middle East Situation is gonna escalate. And it did

Real disruptions in world events begin with the destabilization of the West as a result of degrading US foreign policy and consistency. This becomes apparent around 2004 as civil unrest develops near the next presidential election. The Jewish population in Israel is not prepared for a true offensive war. They are prepared for the ultimate defense. Wavering western support for Israel is what gives Israel's neighbors the confidence to attack. The last resort for a defensive Israel and its offensive Arab neighbors is to use weapons of mass destruction. In the grand scheme of things, the war in the Middle East is a part of what's to come, not the cause.

From the Time Traveler John Titor 2000-2001

source www.johntitor.com...
edit on 27-6-2011 by starwarsisreal because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 11:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Schkeptick
I know people from all of these countries. They are mostly really nice people. Just regular people who want good jobs, a decent house, a car to drive, safety in their daily lives, to create a life for their children.

It's very tragic that the leadership of these countries is so hell-bent on preventing these simple things.

But the world isn't divided up anymore. The internet means every person knows what they have now, and what they don't have. This won't end until the governments are overthrown, or the people are suppressed in a horrendous way.

I agree completely! Why hate on the people of Iran? Or Syria? Or hell, even Palestine, Israel, and Saudi Arabia? It's their governments that are the problem, or at least, factions of them!
edit on 27-6-2011 by AverageJoe1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 7 2011 @ 11:54 AM
link   
So what happened? did WWIII break out?

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 08:21 PM
link   

top topics

join