It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do you think it's possible to "sell your soul" to the Devil?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 26 2011 @ 08:31 PM
link   
sell your soul to the devil?
Sure
sign on the line for compound usery
using money that doesn't exist
to buy things no one has a right to sell you...
and then pay taxes
to the same for the same
on top of it all..
and then leave it behind because
you can't take it with you..when you go.

note the spirits that are so attached to places and things
they can't leave when it is time..
trapped in limbo/hell
possessed by their possessions

sign a mortgage..become a debt slave...
borrow at compound interest simply to have fun
etc

posted on Jun, 26 2011 @ 08:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bixxi3
reply to post by SaturnFX

i didn't think of that. becareful what you wish for right?
I've got to watch this twilight zone sounds like good show

here ya go

Sorry bout the narration over it...only copy that I could find in a good 10 second search

posted on Jun, 26 2011 @ 08:36 PM
link   
Is it possible?
Of course it is.
There is a very easy way to do it.
However, He doesn't take up everyone's offer.
He has specific tastes.
And they're not what you'd think.

posted on Jun, 26 2011 @ 08:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Monts

All souls belong to God no matter what anyone may think of by trying to deal their soul away for favor from the devil. It is not like you can make a deal with Satan on earth and when you die you are given over to Satan. Satan will never be able to collect any souls for he is sentenced to be blotted out of existence in the lake of fire after the great white throne judgement at the end of the millennial rein of Jesus Christ. During the millennial rein of Christ , Satan will be locked away in a pit awaiting his release for judgement and death.

posted on Jun, 26 2011 @ 08:41 PM
link   
reply to post by sabbathcrazy

I have read most of the posts on this thread and the thing that springs to mind here is 'belief'. Some people believe the devil exists as an entity, some see the devil as a metaphore. But rather than debate whether the devil exists or whether your friend sold his soul; i would like to discuss the idea that 'he beleives' he sold his soul.

The mechanics of how it happened are somewhat unimportant to debate other than the fact that what he may have done, in terms of a ritual or a vision / dream he may have experienced, led him believe that he had been successful in selling his soul.

Secondly, what was his justification? We all, believers and non-believers alike will know full well that this type of 'faustian' deal will not end well for us. Granted, in the short term, we will allegedly have all of the things that our hearts desire in return for our soul but its going to be a long time in the depths of hell repaying our debt.

So, if we consider that this person believes he sold his soul and thus will act accordingly with what he feels his deal may be. Perhaps that is to do things, to take risks that he would not take if he did not think this deal had happened. If you consider the rich and the famous that are alleged to have done the same, perhaps they set out on their journey to fame and fortune with the mindset that they could not fail because of said deal, but by their own complete faith in the outcome and utter denail that they will not make it; could easily help them reach the goal they so richly desire? in short, the pschology that you cannot fail at something can often lead you where you wanted to go anyway and the 'deal with the devil' is merely a construct to put your doubts and fears into and thus, removing any personal psycologial barriers from achieving that which you believed you have bargain for,

I hope that makes sense lol

The point being, is that he, like many others, may believe that he has made a deal with the devil that will get him what he wants and if he does achieve it, he will think it is because of the deal, when in fact, it was just his own actions. Belief is a powerful thing, just ask anyone who has strong belief in their choice of religion and this might explain many historical figures who are marked as people who have sold their soul.

Personally, I think he was yanking your chain

Great post though! S+F

posted on Jun, 26 2011 @ 08:59 PM
link   
Anyhow, been considering this a bit (along with pondering a link from page 1)

I sort of agree with the concept but with a twist...if you want to "sell your soul" to the devil, first you need to identify what the devil is...
The devil, if we consider the biblical version, is a serpent in the garden that guides us to gain knowledge of good and evil (morality)....the serpent then (devil) is the one removing innocent desires and instead pushes morality understandings...

aka, religion...so ya...if you want to sell your soul to the serpent, join a religion..worked for Adam and Eve

(complex thought redused down to a oversimplified paragraph...surely this won't cause any disruption)

posted on Jun, 26 2011 @ 09:13 PM
link   
I always figured that "selling your soul" was more of a metaphorical thing than anything spiritual.
For instance, I would say that a majority of politicians have "sold their soul" for power, forgetting morality in their pursuit of fortune, getting into bed with all the other people who have "sold their souls".

People sell their souls to their jobs because they want bigger paychecks, and so forget the world around them and the effects their actions have upon others. This can be seen in parents who neglect their children because their only interest lies within their career.

"The Devil" is just a manifestation of the evil within every human being, and so selling your soul to him is literally giving into your own "dark side" for want of a better word.

posted on Jun, 26 2011 @ 09:22 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 26 2011 @ 09:22 PM
link   
reply to post by The Empty Skies

Well said,

I suppose in the metaphorical sense, everytime we "sell-out" for material gain or personal empowerment, at the expense of others or even ourselves, we are "selling our soul".

posted on Jun, 26 2011 @ 10:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Partygirl

It's not a gift if there are terms attached to it. Gifts are free and given unconditionally; like a birthday present or something.

posted on Jun, 26 2011 @ 10:31 PM
link   
There is light and there is dark, you can choose to work for the light or you can choose to work for the dark. There are many forces at work and many things trying to use our souls/spirits, so yes you can sell your soul, but is it really to whom you think. If you choose the light, ask for protection and confirmation and many blessings will come your way, maybe not fame and fortune, but that is fleeting anyways. If you choose the dark it may feel good at first if your lucky, regardless the end result will be negative.

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 01:41 AM
link   
I dont think think the devil will take just any old soul he wants people with talent and ambition people who when they become famous will spread his word, people like lady gaga, eminm eminm , and jay z, just to name a few, why would the devil want the soul of a nobody with nothing to offer

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 02:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by Monts

Originally posted by Partygirl
As “the god of this world,” Satan has dominion over those who live without Christ in the world (2 Corinthians 4:4). All you have to do to ensure Satan takes your soul is reject the gift of eternal salvation offered to you by Christ!

I suppose this is the case in terms of when you die, but according to Christianity God is merciful and forgiving, and if you repent, he may save you.

My idea of "selling your soul" would be a conscious pact you would make with Satan saying "Ok bud, I belong to you from now on, no exceptions. Now give me fame and fortune, and I'll belong to you when I die"

No, Satan is the god of this world - he was given the realm of darkness to him by God - Look outside in the night sky, our universe is infinitely black, dark and cold. In a way, you are indeed selling your soul to the Devil by rejecting Christ, or rather, you are giving it up willingly.

Trading for material wealth, however, is something I'm not sure is possible. Why would the Devil have reason to bargain with you? He's an incredibly clever being, don't underestimate him.

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 02:20 AM
link   
They may believe they may sell their soul to the devil. All they're doing is dedicating their time to negativity and on a self destructive path.

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 03:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by Monts
Well he had been drinking, however he was not bragging about it or doing it for attention or anything. It seemed to me we were about to start a conversation about it, but were interrupted almost as soon as the dialogue began.

Of course, I am obviously more leaning to the side that he was drunk and just trying to sound spooky or start some random conversation for the fun of it, but it got me thinking none-the-less. It's not too often that I have met anyone who stares me straight in the eyes, and with dead-seriousness tells me in confidence he sold his soul to the devil.

I think he was messing with ya! I screw with people all the time, got a kid to think I was psychic by knowing where he kept his mints all the time.(He puts them in the same place everyday, not really hard to see..)
And staring into someones eyes with the confidence of knowing everything is key to pulling off the creepy vibe. It really is fun, try staring intensely into their eyes, nowhere else, and say something weird/stupid, but with a blank serious face

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 03:15 AM
link   
Short answer.. No.

Soul is far too massive and powerful for anything you in your human awareness could possibly do to it.

It exists in all the "realms" beyond this limited physical experience and far "above the astral" into what I call Soul levels of Awareness and further into Oversoul levels of awareness.. which we can all experience directly for ourselves with practice.

The Biblical Evil One was originally called NK (Enki) but he was not a Deity as is believed today. He was a flesh and bone being, the one who manufactured the physical human form and the one who loved us as his own children.

His hate-filled brother NL (Enlil), who has all the negative behaviours traits of the Hebrew/Christian God, insured that Enki would be remembered as the Evil One. He used half the Caduceus from the house of life in Africa.. which means it looked like a snake on a branch/staff... and told the humans of Enki's oath breaking.. the thing that saved humans from the "deluge"... then he spent time insuring that perception of Enki as the Evil One was the only perception remaining over these long millenia.

This info comes from the Original history that became the first few books of the Torah when the Hebrew left Sumer(ia) to walk to Egypt... and thus has become the standardised Genesis story through much manipulation and editing.

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 03:18 AM
link   
I always figured that selling your soul doesn't work because a soul to whomever you're offering it, isn't worth what people ask for in return

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 03:43 AM
link   
I don't know if anyone has ever successfully sold his soul,
but I do know that many many have tried.
I think that for most of us it's a spontaneous reaction to our experiences in life.

Only look at the five stages of grieving (which are the 5 stages of coping with difficult situations overall) :
These are:
denial, anger, bargaining, depression, acceptance (not necessarily in the same order for everyone).

The interesting stage regarding to this topic is the third one: "bargaining".
It's in this stage that many try to bargain to get back what they have lost through spiritual means.
This can be praying to God or trying to sell their soul to the devil.
And everyone who has experienced intense grieving has done one or the other. Everyone.

I have tried to bargain my way out of health issues, which didn't work. I've tried to bargain my way out of death issues as well and that didn't work either. When I finally entered stage 4 of grieving, (depression) I concluded that God didn't want me, but the devil didn't want me either! lol.
And when I came into the last stage (acceptance) I also concluded that I was fed up with spirituality and religion and that it was all the same pile of crap.
Now I feel glad that this last conclusion was just temporary.

So if this can be done for real or not.... maybe, but then it would be a difficult process, which is a good thing because if it could be done that easy I would probably have done it long time ago, as so many others would have done (and will keep trying as long as there is humanity on this earth)

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 04:10 AM
link   
I just replied to the post about hearing voices and believe my response is a good answer to your question...

I have come to the conclusion the mankind is at war but not with demons or aliens. I am still surprised that I don't hear about it more than other conspiracy theories. I believe that the human race is at war with parasites. You would be amazed at what some can do to a human body. Since they have been here for millions of years I believe that some are highly intelligent with the capability to control not just animals but humans as well. Many conspiracy, and religious theories and beliefs revolve around believe in gods, demons, angels, aliens, zombies, vampires etc... Well replace them with an intelligent parasite that can take over the human brain and take control and you have something that can make you believe anything. These "worms" have taken over many of us, some by force and some by working hand in hand (not knowing what they were really communicating with) by "selling their souls" or in other words their body and the cooperation to play the "game" while keeping it a deadly secret in order for assistance in gaining things like wealth, power and fame... One such lovely nematode would be Toxoplasma gondii... i may sound crazy but after having issues with Morgellons disease and learning that a majority of us have some sort of companion riding along with us, it just makes complete sense...

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 04:17 AM
link   
I dont think it's possible, no.

- the devil is a figment of [some] peoples imagination.[some] = people with an agenda.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join