It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do you think it's possible to "sell your soul" to the Devil?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 26 2011 @ 08:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by SaturnFX
I wonder...can you sell your soul for anything?

what if your negotiate a contract that says "I offer my soul in exchange for all previous souls sold into hell are set free to enter heaven"...

-ponders-

Don't do that! There is already a shortage of chairs in heaven as it is.

posted on Jun, 26 2011 @ 08:06 PM
link   
You have to have a passion or skill that your good at for him to consider letting him taking it. At least I think based off of what i have seen. You have to be able to help him, you cant help him if you are not skilled at any thing use full to him. You can learn allot just by google search, but to help you start your path of enlightenment
www.youtube.com...

Their are something like 70 parts to the video series. It exposes the people of the main stream industry that sell their sole for fortune and fame. Allot of artist talk about it in the open but in a way that the masses cannot understand. You have to know their symbolism and their knowledge to grasp what their songs/ interviews ect. are really about. You can learn allot about it from the hip-hop industry. Their is kind of a war going on in the hip-hop industry. Underground vs mainstream(daemons)

posted on Jun, 26 2011 @ 08:08 PM
link   
What a neat thread...I have to ask myself a couple of questions first though...

What is my soul? Is there really such a thing and who is the devil...is there really such a thing?

Supposing I buy into a Christian view of the devil and my eternal soul...how could I possibly sell it..it really would belong to God...and would never allow it. (From a Christian point of view).

Too many unknowns to really answer that question in my opinion...I mean really I would have to know what I was selling, who it was going to, what it means...all that good stuff. So far there is no conclusive proof, or at least not enough for me, to answer any of these questions...it's all so personal and up to what a person believes.

It is interesting though...so S&F!

link   

Originally posted by cluckerspud
I have offered it many times. Tempting the overlords doesn't always seem to work.

"Take my damn soul and in return all I ask is for fame and fortune"!!!!!!!!

"Come get it biz-nitches"!!!!

be careful what you wish for my friend.. it may be a joke or seem funny to you.. but lucifer doesnt have a sense of humour...

hey op... do a little research on an old american singer called robert johnson, many believe he sold his soul to the devil...

link   

Originally posted by Whirpool
reply to post by Monts

was he drinking, you see i have a friend right and when he drinks alot he starts saying that hes the devil, and he does some crazy eye thing it always scares the crap out of everyone. So yeah if this guy sold his soul, well my friend is satan himself.

Well he had been drinking, however he was not bragging about it or doing it for attention or anything. It seemed to me we were about to start a conversation about it, but were interrupted almost as soon as the dialogue began.

Of course, I am obviously more leaning to the side that he was drunk and just trying to sound spooky or start some random conversation for the fun of it, but it got me thinking none-the-less. It's not too often that I have met anyone who stares me straight in the eyes, and with dead-seriousness tells me in confidence he sold his soul to the devil.

posted on Jun, 26 2011 @ 08:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Misterlondon

I have heard about Robert Johnson- I worked with a big delta-blues fan last year, so Robert Johnson was a common name on our Artist playlist.

From what I remember, the song "crossroads" is about selling your soul to the devil, but I'll have to refresh my memory and check him out again.

posted on Jun, 26 2011 @ 08:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Monts

Originally posted by Partygirl
As “the god of this world,” Satan has dominion over those who live without Christ in the world (2 Corinthians 4:4). All you have to do to ensure Satan takes your soul is reject the gift of eternal salvation offered to you by Christ!

"Ok bud, I belong to you from now on, no exceptions. Now give me fame and fortune, and I'll belong to you when I die"

Its not only when you die. He uses you when you are alive to get others. I am no christian but i do believe in this. Most the people that do sell their soles all ready have prior knowledge to the occult. Lil wayne sold his sole with out a doubt. The devil uses him to turn teens into drunked retards. Not saying partying is bad but you know exactly what im saying.

posted on Jun, 26 2011 @ 08:12 PM
link   

I personally don't believe in the devil. But if i could sell my soul I would for immortality that way i wouldn't need to go to hell after

then your immortal life, would become a living hell.. you cannot cheat the devil..

posted on Jun, 26 2011 @ 08:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bixxi3

Originally posted by SaturnFX
I wonder...can you sell your soul for anything?

what if your negotiate a contract that says "I offer my soul in exchange for all previous souls sold into hell are set free to enter heaven"...

-ponders-

Don't do that! There is already a shortage of chairs in heaven as it is.

If world religions are correct, there is no shortage of chairs in heaven...

Heaven is populated by a few dozen people playing cards and wondering why nobody showed up to the party.

posted on Jun, 26 2011 @ 08:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Misterlondon

I personally don't believe in the devil. But if i could sell my soul I would for immortality that way i wouldn't need to go to hell after

then your immortal life, would become a living hell.. you cannot cheat the devil..

Day 1:
Dear diary: sold my soul to the devil for immortality...woot!

Day 2:
Dear diary: Got convicted of a murder...sentenced to life in prison without chance of parole

Day 3:
Dear diary: day 1 of eternity confined...

(twilight zone)

posted on Jun, 26 2011 @ 08:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Monts

LOL i guess ur right, but in any case if he really sold his soul to the devil, why would he tell you? im thinking that maybe he was trying to take your soul to replace his.

Like what if somewhere in the "Selling your Soul" contract it says, " if you convince someone to sell their soul we will give you your soul back guaranteed"..

posted on Jun, 26 2011 @ 08:17 PM
link   

reply to post by Monts

LOL i guess ur right, but in any case if he really sold his soul to the devil, why would he tell you? im thinking that maybe he was trying to take your soul to replace his.

Like what if somewhere in the "Selling your Soul" contract it says, " if you convince someone to sell their soul we will give you your soul back guaranteed"..

Would probably require you to get 2 people to sell their souls before you get yours back
total pyramid scheme.

omg...now I understand the pyramids!

posted on Jun, 26 2011 @ 08:18 PM
link   

I have heard about Robert Johnson- I worked with a big delta-blues fan last year, so Robert Johnson was a common name on our Artist playlist.

From what I remember, the song "crossroads" is about selling your soul to the devil, but I'll have to refresh my memory and check him out again.

Robert Johnson was a great American Blues musician. Ranked 5th out of 100 on Rolling Stones list as the greatest guitarists of all time. The legend goes that he wanted to be great at guitar and was instructed to head to a crossroads. There he met the devil who tuned his guitar, giving him mastery over the instrument. Johnson did little to dispel the rumors, even encouraging them by alluding to the fact that he had, indeed, made a deal with the prince of darkness. He produced 6 records before his death at age 27. Johnson’s death is controversial as the most common claim is he was caught flirting with a married women and she offered him some whiskey which was believed to be poisoned by her husband. He was buried in an unmarked grave, the location of which is still under debate.

10 people who sold their soul to the devil

posted on Jun, 26 2011 @ 08:19 PM
link   

That's exactly what it's about. RJ went down to cross Roads and sold his soul for the blues. The Movie CrossRoads is still a pretty good watch if you haven't seen it. A little Hollywood and not about RJ per se, but some great tunes and they tell the RJ story.

The one with Ralph Machio, not the new one with whatshername.

posted on Jun, 26 2011 @ 08:21 PM
link   

reply to post by Monts

He would have to be sacrificed in a ritual for some one to take his place and its not because the devil would let it happen, its a loop hole i guess. I am still learn about all this stuff.

posted on Jun, 26 2011 @ 08:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by jude11

That's exactly what it's about. RJ went down to cross Roads and sold his soul for the blues. The Movie CrossRoads is still a pretty good watch if you haven't seen it. A little Hollywood and not about RJ per se, but some great tunes and they tell the RJ story.

The one with Ralph Machio, not the new one with whatshername.

8mile is all about how Eminem gave his sole up.
edit on 26-6-2011 by sabbathcrazy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 26 2011 @ 08:22 PM
link   
reply to post by SaturnFX

i didn't think of that. becareful what you wish for right?
I've got to watch this twilight zone sounds like good show

posted on Jun, 26 2011 @ 08:24 PM
link   
who could even contemplate this. i am not religious but spiritual and under no circumstances does a life filled with all the riches in the world even compare to the eternal life that lies beyond in true benevolent love consciousness. if all you want is fame and fortune then my friend you have totally missed what life is about. you have all been corrupted by hollywood, music industry, magazines and society into believing in things that have no importance. stop being fooled and wake up PLEASE!! fight evil embrace love PEACE
edit on 26-6-2011 by symogums because: used wrong word lol

posted on Jun, 26 2011 @ 08:27 PM
link   
impossible. there is no devil. there is no hell. there is only a fear manifested into the minds of the masses to create control.

posted on Jun, 26 2011 @ 08:30 PM
link   
It is possible to sell your soul but you must be deperate enough. I have thought about telling the story someday but not today.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join