It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UK Tory Government: We want Arab world and North Africa inside the EU Free Borders Travel Scheme.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 26 2011 @ 05:51 PM
link   
Tonight on radio here in the UK, a former leader of the UK Tory Government (and current minister in the cabinet) has made public their ( The Governments) desire to see all Arab states and North Africa inside the European Unions scheme that allows unlimited travel and residency for all member state citizens.

They are preparing a diplomatic push inside the EU to make this a reality. Speaking on the 'Arab uprising' and the UKs intervention in Libya shows that where muslims want democracy we will be there to support them.

I am awaiting a link to an official source but this is a stunned heads up. I simply cannot believe this is even a thought in any ones mind.

What floored me though is that they admit freely that egypts 80million people would be free to come to the UK to work if they desired...

posted on Jun, 26 2011 @ 06:02 PM
link   
Awesome. I'm all for it. As long as we turn their society, economy, infrastructure, education, etc... into EU standards I welcome any muslims.

link   
Is there any other links? Because if this is real then it's big news since the concept Eurabia is coming to life.

link   
oooops double post
edit on 26-6-2011 by starwarsisreal because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 26 2011 @ 06:08 PM
link   
Well, isn't this just convenient. As we see the oldest and most hardline Arab and North African Governments fall to "spontaneous" internal revolts or pounded into dust by NATO when that fails to work quickly enough, such as in Libya, the EU suddenly wants to invite all these nations to join them. Anyone else get the feeling this was something considered long before the first incident in Tunisia started all this?? Wow... They may as well have just come right out and said it given what was said and the timing of the statement. Unbelievable, if someone can find a source/link to corroborate it.
edit on 26-6-2011 by Wrabbit2000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 26 2011 @ 06:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by starwarsisreal
Is there any other links? Because if this is real then it's big news since the concept Eurabia is coming to life.

I am waiting for it to come up on the BBC website. I simply sat listening, stunned.

www.bbc.co.uk...

This is Mr Hagues speech about the desire to see a Free trade zone with the arab world. I'm still awaiting tonights show to be noted on.

posted on Jun, 26 2011 @ 06:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Astr0

Thank you for the link. That confirms it better than I feared. They won't have to fight to establish their 21st Century Caliphate as they have had to fight in times long past. It's being handed to them as if it were a gift this time around. Not only are they getting the lands of ancient Caliphates, but they will get a few new lands tossed in which they'd never managed to quite conquer in ancient attempts. I can't help but recall the saying credited to the Chinese...."May you live in interesting times..". Well, check on that one, we surely do.

posted on Jun, 26 2011 @ 06:37 PM
link   
What nice, easy, handy way to open up trade to all of the arab's oil.

There's a few obvious things that are going on here... firstly blatent money grabbing opportunities and then also their agenda to create more tension in all of our countries, for example Britain is just a small island and it's near enough full as it is, I can see the racial/cultural tensions hitting the tipping point to where there would be mass riots.

Many people are having difficulty trying to find work in this country as it is, add to that countless other people coming into our country and trying to find work.

It will be a sad day when this happens.
edit on 26-6-2011 by Resentedhalo08 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 26 2011 @ 06:38 PM
link   
This is contrary to reports I have read about this, so I would like the OP to furnish a link or something to back up his claims.

William Hague, the guy I believe you're refferring to, has said no such thing.

What he did say is he would like the Arab and African countries to be part of a free trade zone and the freedom of movement for goods. He has emphatically denied that this should be extended to a freedom of movement for people, as he said and I quote "This would be deeply destabalising"

www.bbc.co.uk...

I have heard no where that he has advocated setting up total open borders. That would be madness and the rest of the EU would shut him down immediately if he ever suggested such a thing. But he won't, as the Tory's have already been pretty tough on non-EU migrants already, so this runs totally counter.

In short, I believe you misunderstood or misheard.
edit on 26/6/11 by stumason because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 26 2011 @ 06:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wrabbit2000
Well, isn't this just convenient. As we see the oldest and most hardline Arab and North African Governments fall to "spontaneous" internal revolts or pounded into dust by NATO when that fails to work quickly enough, such as in Libya, the EU suddenly wants to invite all these nations to join them. Anyone else get the feeling this was something considered long before the first incident in Tunisia started all this?? Wow... They may as well have just come right out and said it given what was said and the timing of the statement. Unbelievable, if someone can find a source/link to corroborate it.

You have basically taken the unsourced word of a random person and used to to justify a conspriacy that has no basis in reality.

No where has the EU offered, considered, or even farted about possible Arab membership into the EU. You are inferring that based of erroneous information and assumptions.

Turkey, for crying out loud, tried for years to get EU membership and has so far failed. And that is a modern, secular NATO meber country. There is no chance of the Arab countries joining the EU in the next 25 years. Morrocco has been chasing for a while, but have been rebuffed at every turn. We want free trade, but we're not willing to open our borders and welcome them into the EU whatsoever.

posted on Jun, 26 2011 @ 06:50 PM
link   
the bigger europe is the better. it is growing in power and aslong as it can sustain itself will create peace throughout the region.... we will not be able to bicker and fight when we have shared armed forces. that is were this is going...

new topics

top topics

join