It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

No Space and No Time

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 08:33 PM
link   
When observing space or time everything is entirely relative. Therefore neither of them are definite.

How big are you? Don't say x'y". That is just a man-made invention of a measuring constant called foot and inch.

What time is it? Don't say XX : XX. That is just gears in a clock being made to spin at specified intervals.

To an ant, we are big, to an elephant, we are small. Space is relative.

Time is just the observation of change in space.

What we are is the dualistic expression of infinity/nothingness. From the perspective of infinity, there is no size. Everything is simultaneously big AND small. It is all here AND there. There is no time. Everything is simultaneously now. There is no differentiation. It is infinite and it is nothing. Pure potential.

It is the perfect paradox of the oneness of the Alpha and Omega.

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 08:36 PM
link   
"How big are you? Don't say x'y". That is just a man-made invention of a measuring constant called foot and inch"

as man made as your explaination in the op
?

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 08:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by seedofchucky
"How big are you? Don't say x'y". That is just a man-made invention of a measuring constant called foot and inch"

?

Sorry if I confused you. What exactly are you referring to?

Maybe you should keep reading it until you understand.

edit on 24-6-2011 by smithjustinb because: zdfhad

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 08:41 PM
link   
reply to post by smithjustinb

Fortunately the time is right now, and when you read this time will have not changed because it will still be right now.

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 08:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by seedofchucky

?

You just proved the OP wrong!
You're taking up space and wasting our time.

We're all just as Big as We're Small.

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 09:32 PM
link   
Yes, that is true, however, we are contained in different referentialities, like the clockworks of the universe, there are infinities within infinities, at different wavelenghts, as well as the ever increacing complexity that results in the investigation of ones own being.

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 02:57 AM
link   
Time and space are hardly fictitious constructs.

Even if we didn't measure a 24-hour day, the Earth would still require it's equivalent to orbit the sun. Likewise, just because space is infinite (an arguable theory), does not mean that any section of said-space is any less relevant. I am still occupying this space, right here, whether the fly in the room, or the eye of the Universe observes me.

Time and space are both constants.
It is only how we analyze the sensory input that alters their meaning.

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 03:17 AM
link   
I strongly recommend watching the cartoon movie "Horton", it gives a pretty clear understanding of the fact how different universes can coexist, my son is six and understood the concept pretty well one year ago, in the end all knowledge will be understood...

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 07:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by starseedflower
in the end all knowledge will be understood...

Lotta damn good it'll do in the end. Understanding it before the end would be more appropriate.

But sure, things are measured relative to other things. Not sure what's so mind-bending about that.

Though, whatever its properties, everything eventually collapses at a critical mass.

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 09:02 AM
link   
Maybe its your 'use' of the word infinity that gets me confused on your points.

Are you looking at infinity as a 'size' or something measurable?

If infinity is 'all that is' then how would there ever be 'nothing'. There would always be something. I do not think infinity and nothing is the same as alpha and omega. Infinity has no first nor last. Which is why the words 'IAM' suit the eternal energy of what some call 'god'.

Something, always, was, and, always, will be.

There is also no need to throw out our constructs such as space and time....for there is no reason to shrug off our use of words, definitions, and perspectives, for we are in our own right, creators and observers....and we need our constructs of 'what is' to understand communication, thoughts, ideas, creations.

Are you saying that before I was born here as human form, that my kids were already born? Of course not.

Our experience is very real here....its not fake and it has purpose. I know it can be strange when we look at things from a 'one' perspective and not from our own individual human perspective....but also we cant shrug off what we understand, as humans, what we have created, for our own understanding.

If there was no such thing as time...how could I reply to your message. Did you not have to post first, for me to see it, so then I would create a response and reply, to it?

Cause and effect....constantly....IS. Always being.

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 07:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by LeoVirgo

I'm looking at infinity as something that is uniformly immeasurable. It is any size.

If infinity is 'all that is' then how would there ever be 'nothing'. There would always be something. I do not think infinity and nothing is the same as alpha and omega. Infinity has no first nor last. Which is why the words 'IAM' suit the eternal energy of what some call 'god'.

Infinity is not 'all that is'. That is finite. Infinity includes 'all that is', but it is also and more appropriately 'all that can be'.

Are you saying that before I was born here as human form, that my kids were already born? Of course not.

Precisely.

Our experience is very real here....its not fake and it has purpose. I know it can be strange when we look at things from a 'one' perspective and not from our own individual human perspective....but also we cant shrug off what we understand, as humans, what we have created, for our own understanding.

If there was no such thing as time...how could I reply to your message. Did you not have to post first, for me to see it, so then I would create a response and reply, to it?

Our experience is only allowed to be aware of things as sequential events. From the perspective of infinity, everything is simultaneous.

Duality is the result of the paradox of infinity/nothingness as infinity/nothingness is the ultimate duality.

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 07:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wandering Scribe
Time and space are hardly fictitious constructs.

Even if we didn't measure a 24-hour day, the Earth would still require it's equivalent to orbit the sun. Likewise, just because space is infinite (an arguable theory), does not mean that any section of said-space is any less relevant. I am still occupying this space, right here, whether the fly in the room, or the eye of the Universe observes me.

Time and space are both constants.
It is only how we analyze the sensory input that alters their meaning.

The earth would spin around the sun and you would call it a day, but what if you weren't on earth? What would you call a day then? I'm saying that it is all relative. You are occupying your space, but the question is, are you big or small or both? It all relative to perspective.

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 09:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by smithjustinb

I'm looking at infinity as something that is uniformly immeasurable. It is any size.

Infinity is not 'all that is'. That is finite. Infinity includes 'all that is', but it is also and more appropriately 'all that can be'.

Precisely.

Our experience is only allowed to be aware of things as sequential events. From the perspective of infinity, everything is simultaneous.

Duality is the result of the paradox of infinity/nothingness as infinity/nothingness is the ultimate duality.

Infinity is 'what is boundless without limits'. I as a individual, with form, am finite. The energy that makes my body, is limitless, without bounds. Energy is ongoing, it simple IS....the great IAM. Energy, takes on many 'phases' of being, and those phases are finite, they have limits as being 'phases' of something more then what it really is.

Yes, all that is and all that can ever be....the possibilities and potentials, are without bounds. Its important to see how a seed grows into a tree and how the tree produces more seeds and how they return to the earth. The design of 'events' has great gems for us to learn from. In the 'phases' of being, such as you and me, the 'forms' that energy takes on...are not really individual forms but all work together, in a great design, together.

I do not go along with everything is simultaneous at all....energy is ongoing, it always 'is' and it 'takes forms' as 'expressions of being'. Energy can be infinite and it can also take on 'phases' of being, as expressions, which are finite. We are 'made in this image' as beings, who express...our expressions are small pieces of ourselves, in a 'form or phase' of being, of our being.

I guess your one of those who believe that without a observer to hear the tree crash to the ground when it falls, that it doesnt make a sound?

From a perspective of 'energy' that always is...is there really a duality? Isnt duality a human construct?

Imagine the universe without any conscious beings in it, just galaxies forming in their early times. Is there duality? Imagine the earth before mankind was here. Was there duality?

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 09:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by smithjustinb

Precisely.

Infinity is 'what is boundless without limits'. I as a individual, with form, am finite. The energy that makes my body, is limitless, without bounds. Energy is ongoing, it simple IS....the great IAM. Energy, takes on many 'phases' of being, and those phases are finite, they have limits as being 'phases' of something more then what it really is.

Yes, all that is and all that can ever be....the possibilities and potentials, are without bounds. Its important to see how a seed grows into a tree and how the tree produces more seeds and how they return to the earth. The design of 'events' has great gems for us to learn from. In the 'phases' of being, such as you and me, the 'forms' that energy takes on...are not really individual forms but all work together, in a great design, together.

I do not go along with everything is simultaneous at all....energy is ongoing, it always 'is' and it 'takes forms' as 'expressions of being'. Energy can be infinite and it can also take on 'phases' of being, as expressions, which are finite. We are 'made in this image' as beings, who express...our expressions are small pieces of ourselves, in a 'form or phase' of being, of our being.

I guess your one of those who believe that without a observer to hear the tree crash to the ground when it falls, that it doesnt make a sound?

From a perspective of 'energy' that always is...is there really a duality? Isnt duality a human construct?

Imagine the universe without any conscious beings in it, just galaxies forming in their early times. Is there duality? Imagine the earth before mankind was here. Was there duality?

The duality of the wave. The spiral. Darkness and light. Duality is the universe. Without duality, there would be no energy.

The ultimate duality is infinity/nothing. This is what we come from.

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 09:32 PM
link   

The duality of the wave. The spiral. Darkness and light. Duality is the universe. Without duality, there would be no energy. The ultimate duality is infinity/nothing. This is what we come from.

Everything that we can call a 'form', such as 'us'....comes from energy in expression. Energy always 'is'...and as something always is 'being', its always in 'expression' (we do this too, in this image of being).

Without us to distinguish between light and dark, a wave or spiral...how is there duality? Are they all not 'one' together, in a great design, a great expression of 'being'?

Gtg for now but look forward to reading more of your thoughts later

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 09:50 PM
link   

The duality of the wave. The spiral. Darkness and light. Duality is the universe. Without duality, there would be no energy. The ultimate duality is infinity/nothing. This is what we come from.

Everything that we can call a 'form', such as 'us'....comes from energy in expression. Energy always 'is'...and as something always is 'being', its always in 'expression' (we do this too, in this image of being).

Without us to distinguish between light and dark, a wave or spiral...how is there duality? Are they all not 'one' together, in a great design, a great expression of 'being'?

Gtg for now but look forward to reading more of your thoughts later

Yes, but they are one as the paradox of infinity/nothingness. The paradox is duality. Anything of form is an expression of this duality. Duality is an inescapable fact. Protons and electrons.

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 09:53 PM
link   
Well, until we can actually do something with it ...... I think we don't understand a damn thing.

Time - seasons keep on changing, we keep on growing, aging, and die, all that we hold dear keep fading away with time.... ain't nothing we can do about it.

Space - everyday I have to drive to work from one A to point B.......going to distance countries I still have to take flights, and thats only on Earth.

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 11:16 PM
link   

Time is the flow of things in motion, this is not a static universe things are moving. At The smallest period of time it is static but that is infintly smaller. Time needs a medium to travel through which is what space is without space there is no time.

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 11:49 AM
link   

Just making sure where you are coming from-when you speak of protons and electrons showing duality, are you referring to their 'positive and negative'?

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 12:10 PM
link   

no space no time
just space time
got it

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join