It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Earth LIVE from space in HD!! Watch The VIDEO!! "Google Earth On Steroids!!"

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 11:29 AM
link   
reply to post by ProphecyPhD

Isn't it sooooooo coooooooool how they insinuate we will be seeing the destruction of the planet soon?

LoL.

It's still on the space station, meaning -- expect it to be edited, and not actually live. In order to get a full HD stream, it has to buffer anyway... which provides them excuses to cut things out, or say the communication timed out, or really anything.

I assume there will be shenanigans a foot.

I just watched the video... it seems its more for a "Big Brother" cause than any... it's being done by the U.K. (The biggest brother of them all) with the intent to allow people to stream weddings and personal events from space...

I.E.

The All Seeing Eye.

This is just great.

edit on 25-6-2011 by Laokin because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 11:32 AM
link   
if this comes off, history in the making without a doubt!

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 11:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by digitalf
looking good, I have been amazed with the home movie low orbit digital videos that amateurs have been launching, I guess Nasa wanted a piece of the action

edit on 25-6-2011 by digitalf because: (no reason given)

Between 18 and 21 miles up is far from LEO, about a third of the way. Space is generally accepted to begin at 100 km up, or 62 miles, that's where one can officially become an astronaut, though most agree LEO starts about 100 miles up.

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 12:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Illustronic
With a resolution of one meter, a typical large person will be just two pixels, a rectangle.
But for the person to appear he/she needs to be at least a metre in the smallest dimension, so only people wider than one metre will appear.

PS: From what I have seen from satellite photos, when there isn't enough resolution to show, in this case, a person, the pixel where the person is gets some of it's colour from the person, showing an average of the colour of that square metre.

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 12:55 PM
link   
Now the TSA can grope your genitals from space

NO, seriously, really cool.

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 01:09 PM
link   

that is prettyt awsome.but now i hate to think that when i c

all the boss up and call in sick he goes online and catches me loading my fishing gear in my trunk lol.But still cool

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 01:11 PM
link   
3.25 frames per second only?

Your going to be able to count them on your fingers!
Im unimpressed by that.

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 02:12 PM
link   
reply to post by ArMaP

ie., a large person laying down perhaps? (still a rectangle, far from a descriptive image). I understand image averaging, and video compression today uses incredible image averaging techniques to decrease the bandwidth necessary to display detail, but not such that a person can be imaged from space. That's just ridiculous!

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 03:07 PM
link   

With a resolution of one meter, a typical large person will be just two pixels, a rectangle. I don't think anyone has anything to worry about in what they may do outside.

Super high definition images on Google maps/earth are indeed from planes, not the satellites.

Au Contraire, if this available to the public then you can just IMAGINE what the powers that be are using, and this is INCREDIBLE

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 03:32 PM
link   
Myths about satellite's imaging license plates from space are in fact myths, that kind of imagery comes from spy plane cameras, less than one 8th the altitude of the lowest satellites up there. Tops 80,000 feet up, usually much less than that.

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 03:41 PM
link   

Cool!

I wonder..
Since it's going to be on the ISS..
If those aboard the ISS (or those on Earths surface)
Will still have the ability to cut it out on us should something "interesting" appear on camera? lol

It gets really old with the NASA crew..
I've watched the live ISS cam for soo long now,
that I am positive they can and do shut the feed off when something interesting appears.

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 03:43 PM
link   
To any "debunkers" out there:

When technology is released to the public there is most certainly better product (say three times better) being used by the government and the "elites" with the money to commission such things. This is a fact. Another fact is in five years not only will this technology be the norm, it will also be VERY outdated.

With that being said, how long do YOU think before they will be able to find your lost kitten from this satellite? I believe there are satellites that already can!!

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 03:53 PM
link   
Spy planes carry no defensive equipment measures beyond maybe chaffs, because their defense largely is in the altitude they fly, or in the case of the retired SR-71 Blackbird, altitude and speed. The imaging equipment they carry is their entire payload besides fuel and propulsion and of course the people and flying mechanisms and pressurization. They carry no guns or bombs or Sidewinders. The Blackbird did have some defensive electronic countermeasures though. The U-2 and Blackbird were nearly invisible to radar, the U-2 being known as the first 'stealth' aircraft with what is said to be nearly 'invisible' wings, those huge wings. The Blackbird was faster than SAMs the Russians had during it's service life, and simply outran anything that could detect it, too late.

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 03:56 PM
link   

That's all fine speculation void of any documentation. No pictures it doesn't happen. (to quote an overused ATS antidote saying). •wink•

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 04:06 PM
link   

That's all fine speculation void of any documentation. No pictures it doesn't happen. (to quote an overused ATS antidote saying). •wink•

I would have taken pictures but cameras aren't allowed in the building i work in

On a side note, your W and K is 9/11 hmmmmmmmm...

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 04:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by ProphecyPhD
To any "debunkers" out there:

When technology is released to the public there is most certainly better product (say three times better) being used by the government and the "elites" with the money to commission such things. This is a fact. Another fact is in five years not only will this technology be the norm, it will also be VERY outdated.

With that being said, how long do YOU think before they will be able to find your lost kitten from this satellite? I believe there are satellites that already can!!

Indeed.
If they could read the label of a pack of cigarettes on the ground, (from orbit)
in the 70's, (they could), just imagine what they can see now. O_o

They've already had the capability to "find your lost kitten" from orbit, for decades.

I imagine now, They can probably see through your walls, hear through your walls, etc..; from orbit, these days.
Simply by "pointing in your direction".
No Im not exaggerating.

edit on 25-6-2011 by Ahmose because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 26 2011 @ 07:01 PM
link   

With a resolution of one meter, a typical large person will be just two pixels, a rectangle. I don't think anyone has anything to worry about in what they may do outside.

Super high definition images on Google maps/earth are indeed from planes, not the satellites.

This video starts off at 1meter and i believe it puts 1meter in REALL perspective!!

posted on Jun, 26 2011 @ 07:26 PM
link   
Most excellent technologies, we have. I too believe it will be edited, we will see what they want as always.
But mostly, we'll be checking out some really cool scans of earth way better than Google earth.

They probably have had this technology in place for years. Military purposes and such. We are maybe just getting the info now. To smooth the transition into a citizen base introduction and for private sector business.

Star and Flag

posted on Jul, 10 2011 @ 05:24 PM
link   
Just wondering if anyone else saw how Urthe Cast is spelled? U R the Cast......nice! Big Brother live!

posted on Jul, 10 2011 @ 07:16 PM
link   
reply to post by SuzMc

Being one of those people that are always looking for mistakes (probably a side effect of being a programmer and a volunteer proof-reader for Project Gutenberg), I noticed that, obviously.

As someone that is still learning how to write in English, I hate when they use those "alternative" spellings.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join