It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Earth LIVE from space in HD!! Watch The VIDEO!! "Google Earth On Steroids!!"

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 08:01 PM
link   

UrtheCast, a Calgary-based company, is set to operate and launch the world's very first live streaming high definition broadcast of Earth. Two HD cameras will be installed aboard the International Space Station.
What would it be like to see one part of the Earth going to sleep? What would it be like to see a devastating natural disaster strike a certain region of our planet? Well, now you will be able to view this, and many other things, live in high definition.

www.digitaljournal.com...

This has got to be top three BEST inventions besides the internet and (insert invention here)!! What a way to document the Earth and to debunk this alien non-sense at the same time. If i'm wrong, then what a way to actually PROVE aliens (and study the Earth) WIN/WIN!!
edit on 6/24/2011 by ProphecyPhD because: (no reason given)

edit on 6/24/2011 by ProphecyPhD because: typo

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 08:04 PM
link   
Its a cool video and all but you do realize that it is severely edited right?
Did you notice just how black space was? Where were the stars and the orbital debris? I don't think its an alien debunk video but nice images anyway.

edit on 6/24/2011 by easy530 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 08:05 PM
link   
Stories like these make me glad to be alive in this generation!

Super excited I can't wait

Thanks for this space people! and op guy!

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 08:08 PM
link   
Finally!

This has been a long time coming.

Now if we could only have it for scientific, exploration and teaching purposes instead of the next invasion of privacy from the alphabet agencies who will no doubt use this to spy on us even more.

Another great advancement for the citizen and another tool to suppress us. Still very cool tho.

SnF

BTW,

This has got to be top three BEST inventions besides the internet and Sliced Bread

edit on 24-6-2011 by jude11 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 08:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by easy530
Did you notice just how black space was? Where were the stars and the orbital debris? I don't think its an alien debunk video but nice images anyway.

Did you click the link and actually read anything?? It isn't about the video posted. It's about the video that is ABOUT to be posted, in HD, LIVE, 24/7!!

Duh.

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 08:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by ProphecyPhD

Originally posted by easy530

Did you click the link and actually read anything?? It isn't about the video posted. It's about the video that is ABOUT to be posted, in HD, LIVE, 24/7!!

Duh.

Oh yea I get that but I'm just saying the images they're presenting on that promo video and their site are all super edited as will the live feed be. The technology is definitely there. Live does not mean unedited contrary to popular belief.

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 08:13 PM
link   
One metre resolution - be mindful of what you do - anywhere outdoors!

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 08:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by jude11
Finally!

Now if we could only have it for scientific, exploration and teaching purposes instead of the next invasion of privacy from the alphabet agencies who will no doubt use this to spy on us even more.

Another great advancement for the citizen and another tool to suppress us. Still very cool tho.

SnF

BTW,

This has got to be top three BEST inventions besides the internet and Sliced Bread

Sliced bread? I like mine broken off the loaf in chunks!

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 08:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by ItsEvolutionBaby
One metre resolution - be mindful of what you do - anywhere outdoors!

I hope you realize how correct you are. This is going to be so popular it will only be a year or two before one satellite will turn into one-hundred. I am pretty sure this is like GPS in the sense that the government been had access to this and it is just now trickling down to us.

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 08:24 PM
link   
Big brother in space......just what we need is more camera's..... not.

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 08:25 PM
link   
reply to post by ProphecyPhD

I do know - "1 metre resolution" was what I recalled most from the video.

Look what we're finding on google earth for free - I've wondered what the paid subscribers get to see.

Just saw a commercial for a security company that will allow you to surveil your residence via computer, via their satellite feed. This certainly is cutting edge service, IMO, and will work well when used as prescribed.

On the other hand, humans being what they may... I know you know what I'm sayin'.

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 08:26 PM
link   
reply to post by ProphecyPhD

WOW!! I mean really, what a way to document everything that takes place on earth. The amount of knoledge that this could possibly attain is astounding.

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 08:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by ProphecyPhD

Originally posted by jude11
Finally!

SnF

BTW,

Sliced bread? I like mine broken off the loaf in chunks!

And dipped or slathered!

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 09:37 PM
link   

How It Will Work
The International Space Station (ISS) is a low Earth human-inhabited satellite, by far the largest and most ambitious ever built. The station travels at 26,000 km per hour and orbits the Earth 16 times a day at an altitude of approximately 350 km. The ISS travels around the Earth in a wave pattern from approximately 52 degrees latitude north to 52 degrees south. It is a research facility that is a partnership between the Russian, European, Canadian, Japanese and US space agencies.

UrtheCast web platform Users will be able to search for videos of a particular location, type or theme. Like a personal video recorder, the web platform will allow Users the ability to interact with the HD video feed in real time as it is fed from our servers. Users will be able to zoom in and out, to “virtually” steer the camera from side to side, to rewind, and to fast forward as they check out areas and things of interest on the Earth.

urthecast.com...

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 09:53 PM
link   
It'll be like a live event on television, delayed, but severely delayed.

I highly dought that we'll see anything that they don't want us to see.

But will still be very interesting to see!

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 09:54 PM
link   
Can you say, UFO hunting? =)

Also... I thought that 1-meter resolution means that each pixel is 1 square meter in size? Google Earth gives better resolution than that in many cases (not counting their ground-cam). So am I missing something? Did I read that wrong?

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 10:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by Son of Will
Google Earth gives better resolution than that in many cases (not counting their ground-cam). So am I missing something? Did I read that wrong?
Google Earth shows photos with higher resolutions only for the most popular places, for which they use aerial photos instead of satellite photos.

Most of Earth isn't covered in a 1 metre resolution on Google Earth.

But the ISS doesn't cover the whole Earth either, so we will not be able to see images from any place on Earth.

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 11:09 AM
link   
reply to post by easy530

~sigh~ this again.

Okay, Photography lesson. If I go outside and take my camera and focus a stadium at night with all it's lights on. I won't see the stars in the sky. Why is this? Because my camera's aperture is small to not over-expose the stadium (focus of the subject.) If I wanted the stars, I would need a wider aperture and a longer exposure time to even see them. MAYBE Venus would show up before I started losing the stadium.

Same rule applies to your eyes...look at a bright white sheet in the noon sun, then run inside, seconds later, and look at a solid black room for a tiny, dim, barely powered LED. You won't see it for a while.

Same in space. The Earth is VERY bright because A: We're very close to it, B: It is much much larger light surface than the stars in the depth of space (relative to us.)

So when you have set up the camera to look at Earth (or Lunar Landing Astronauts) - You will barely see any, if any at all, stars in the sky.

Its simple mechanics.

Source: I'm a multimedia professional. I work with video and still cameras all day every day.

In relation to topic: I look forward to this, its going to be fun!

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 11:22 AM
link   
looking good, I have been amazed with the home movie low orbit digital videos that amateurs have been launching, I guess Nasa wanted a piece of the action

edit on 25-6-2011 by digitalf because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 11:24 AM
link   
With a resolution of one meter, a typical large person will be just two pixels, a rectangle. I don't think anyone has anything to worry about in what they may do outside.

Super high definition images on Google maps/earth are indeed from planes, not the satellites.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join