It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

President "misspeaks" again, but no one cares.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 08:36 AM
link   
reply to post by butcherguy

Maybe you should ask the government to step in and regulate the media so that it makes fun of both parties equally. Other than whining that some feel underrepresented in the media, I see little other value in raising this issue. Rush Limbaugh can say whatever he likes for 3 hours a day across the country but you people are losing your # because Whoopi Goldberg has yet to mock Obama on this.

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 08:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by Chadwickus
reply to post by OptimusSubprime

But if he reads everything from a teleprompter, how did he make a mistake?

So the fault lies on whoever wrote the speech into the teleprompter then?

Which means Obama didn't make a mistake...?

Ooooh you may have won the point on a technicality. Waiting for the judges ruling.

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 08:39 AM
link   

Because of the subject matter of your post I have to do this.

Its misspelled, not miss spelled.

On topic.

Was this a big deal?

For civilians it shouldn't be, but it should be for the military. He ignores us and then acts as if he has moved mountains for us. Now he is using a soldiers name as a speaking point and he got it wrong.

Instead of people jumping on Palin for the Paul Revere comment maybe they should take a closer look at the President. I honestly wish that he would not speak to, speak about or acknowledge the military at all. Just let us be and we will be perfectly happy.

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 08:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by jjkenobi

Ooooh you may have won the point on a technicality. Waiting for the judges ruling.

No, he made the mistake. He is suppose to proof read and ok the speech before it is loaded into the prompt. Even if he didn't do that, he isn't Ron Burgendy.

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 09:06 AM
link   

His mistake is the fact that he reads everything from a teleprompter.... he is the Ron Burgundy of presidents. If he would actually have his speeches fact checked then he could avoid these mistakes. Especially when talking about a touchy subject like the military. He has to know that a magnifying glass is on him when talking about the military, so you would think that he would take the time to ensure that the information he is reading off of the prompter is correct and accurate.

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 09:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by redrose123
reply to post by amaster

On the other hand Sarah Palin is always messing up with common knowledge like the midnight ride of Paul Revere.

Like when Obama said he visited 57 states with one left to go.
I would say the number of states is more common knowledge than Paul Revere.

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 09:10 AM
link   
reply to post by Becoming

Thank you, you are correct.

Sorry to do this, but it is "it's" , not "its".

BTW: A star on your post. Great point about the military.

edit on 24-6-2011 by butcherguy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 09:12 AM
link   
reply to post by amaster

I am definitely not a fan of him. But this mistake was because his communications staff is incompetent. Pretty much like the rest of his staffs....oh well, at least he's consistent.

He has made numerous gaffs and you would think that some one would proof his speeches prior to him reading them off the TOTUS. I think they just look them over for spelling errors rather than facts.

And yep, it would be all over the news if it were Bush though.

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 09:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by Youmakemewonder

Maybe you should ask the government to step in and regulate the media so that it makes fun of both parties equally. Other than whining that some feel underrepresented in the media, I see little other value in raising this issue. Rush Limbaugh can say whatever he likes for 3 hours a day across the country but you people are losing your # because Whoopi Goldberg has yet to mock Obama on this.

We have to admit, it was front page news when Dan Quayle couldn't spell the word 'potato' to suit his opponents in the media. Even when the dictionary lists the spelling that he used, 'potatoe' as acceptable. Do any members remember that? He was bashed for 'miss-spelling' a word..... when in reality it wasn't even miss-spelled.
My post was "whining"?
Whatever, I was just making a point. I just think the news media ( they consider themselves to be a branch of the government) should stick to reporting the news, real news that matters. The kind that you can glean from this site. Not Justin Bieber's latest haircut.

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 09:20 AM
link   

Your complaint is that the news channels that consider themselves government, except for fox or talk radio, are not covering real news like Obama making a mistake while talking? Didn't this used to be a conspiracy website of some kind?

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 09:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by amaster

Originally posted by redrose123
reply to post by amaster

There probably wasn't an out cry because most people didn't really know who he was talking about. Whoever gave him his information must have gotten the names mixed up. On the other hand Sarah Palin is always messing up with common knowledge like the midnight ride of Paul Revere. Then doesn't have the good sense to admit she is wrong and people in her camp are so determnined to cover up her stupidity they try to rewrite history.

Jared Monti was a member of the 10th Mountain Division. Obama was addressing the 10th Mountain Division. They knew who he was talking about. Obama personally presented the Medal of Honor to Monti's parents in 2009, three years after he was KIA. It was a blatant display of his ignorance. Stop making excuses for him.

A blatant display of ignorance? Seriously? It was nothing of the sort -- and you've hit on exactly the reason why no one is reporting this, but the mistakes of Palin and Bush were so widely reported.

Obama gives hundreds of medals, and awards and meets thousands of people. He signs thousands of letters. No one (outside of a biased shill) would expect him to remember the names of every single person he comes into contact with -- yes, even those killed in combat, or those he awards medals to. It's something that no human being could reasonably do. A mistake like this would be expected.

On the other hand, most people would generally (and rightly) expect someone who is potentially running for President to know the basic story of Paul Revere -- not that he was warning the British by ringing bells. A mistake like this is ignorance.

Now, if you want to talk about why Obama claiming he visited 57 states wasn't widely reported, you might have something -- but this post is garbage.

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 09:24 AM
link   
he made no mistake,
only a lie

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 09:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by Senteri

Your complaint is that the news channels that consider themselves government, except for fox or talk radio, are not covering real news like Obama making a mistake while talking? Didn't this used to be a conspiracy website of some kind?
No, I would rather not hear about Obama screwing up his teleprompter reading (or his minions writing the wrong thing) at all. I would rather not have heard about Dan Quayle's misspellings. Each political party should be doing that when they run their attack ads trying to denigrate the other party's candidate.

I would like the news media to tell us news that is based in reality, and not be mouthpieces for a political party, that includes Fox, NBC, ABC, MSbla bla bla.... all of them.

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 09:46 AM
link   
I think he should know the name of every service member that he has put in harms way and died. Forget the civilian response, the Commander in Chief damn sure should know who he's speaking to, what about and the correct names involved when speaking to those he's sending to die.

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 09:47 AM
link   
The thing is, during the Pre-Elections they made him out to be this Intelligent Charismatic 'Super Being' that was going to 'Change the World' he was a huge contrast to 'Bush' who was 'Blundering'

which i highly believe was just for show, they made Bush so the Democrats can laugh and make fun of him, and the republicans can think 'He is a regular guy, i could have a beer with in Texas' all the while being an Evil little bugger that was too 'Stupid' to run this country into a police state,

Then comes 'Obama' and it was 'anyone besides Bush' Obama can Speak, he has Charisma, he is Intelligent, he has a Catchy Tag line, Celebrities Endorse Him,

Come to find out, he can't speak without Teleprompters, he has Minuscule amounts of Charisma, and is full of Lies,

i didn't fall for the Facade of the 'Pre-Elected Obama'

this 'Mistake' among many others he made is quite Minor to the bigger problems that is going on

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 09:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by butcherguy
reply to post by Becoming

Thank you, you are correct.

Sorry to do this, but it is "it's" , not "its".

BTW: A star on your post. Great point about the military.

This is funny... and by the way it is "it's", and maybe he was speaking about a young lady with the surname spelled, in which case it would be miss spelled.

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 10:01 AM
link   

Then what is your point in this thread again? It sounds like you are upset that Quayle did get picked on and Obama does not instead of being happy no one is talking about it but you guys.

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 10:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by Senteri

Then what is your point in this thread again? It sounds like you are upset that Quayle did get picked on and Obama does not instead of being happy no one is talking about it but you guys.
I will try to make it as clear as I can.
Rising Against posted this:

How ridiculous... He's human. Humans make mistakes. Calling for others to criticize him over this is just childish, IMO. Pure and simple.
I was saying, if you want to read it:

We have to admit, it was front page news when Dan Quayle couldn't spell the word 'potato' to suit his opponents in the media. Even when the dictionary lists the spelling that he used, 'potatoe' as acceptable. Do any members remember that? He was bashed for 'miss-spelling' a word..... when in reality it wasn't even miss-spelled.

I did not call for anyone to bash Obama, you have inferred that. If you think I am upset, I'm not, even with the media. They are what they are, I doubt they will change and start to do their self-professed job anytime soon.

My point is that it isn't important for the media to call our elected officials stupid because they make simple mistakes that do not affect their job performance.... but they do it anyway.

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 10:16 AM
link   
reply to post by amaster

2 fold.
Most people don't care what he says any more, because it is all just crap anyways.
Others will sweep it under the rug, and play it off because they like him.

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 10:21 AM
link   
It shouldn't surprise anyone, the guy signed the Queen's guestbook "2008" a couple of weeks ago.

Could be several things:

* a joke and a poke at conspiracy theorists

* manchurian candidate programming wearing off / signals crossed

* heavy drug use

* our President really doesn't know what year it is

Whatever the reason his behavior just keeps getting more and more bizzare

www.abovetopsecret.com...
edit on 24-6-2011 by Signals because: classified

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join