It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Red Museum

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 11:05 PM
link   

Today is a blessing from our lord and master, who awaits his flock in this time, the dawning of the Age of Aquarius. Eighteen earth years from the beginning of the new kingdom.

Source: X-Files S2E10 Transcript

I know that a lot of the crazy things on this site are derived from The X-Files, and I know that looking into a fictional television show for the truth is absurd. However, I know that a lot of people love numerology, so here are some interesting tidbits I noticed right off by bat:

· This episode first aired on December 9th, 1994. 12 days later is December 21st.
· This is episode 10 of season 2. 10 + 2 = 12.
· 18 years from 1994 is 2012.

Of course, I'm sure this is just a coincidence. I just found it interesting that the X-Files mentions 2012, albeit indirectly. I know that the makers want to make an X-Files movie before 2012 about the supposed alien invasion coming in 2012, but looking back and noticing things I didn't notice before is interesting.

From what I understand, 2012 was popularized back in the mid-80s. Does anyone have any interesting videos from back then, preferably from television shows, that talk about it? I'm not looking so much for information as I am entertainment and understanding of the perspective of the idea back when it first became popular.

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 11:12 PM
link   
no
2nd line

Mod Note: One Line Post – Please Review This Link.
edit on 6/25/2011 by semperfortis because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 11:14 PM
link   
reply to post by SonicInfinity

x-files was a cult classic. You can't really tell it now though, its been a while.

The writers of that show were used to writing for people who liked science, investigation, and endless possibilities.

It doens't shock me that they would be into that sort of thing as well as their followers. Don't know how the 2012 thing got started, either. I know they didn't even begin to translate the Mayan stuff until the 50's some Russian lady was the first.

They also found some extra writing later on. It may be they didn't know about 2012 until the 80's or late 70's. The Mayan culture had most of the evidence destroyed by the Catholics and it was a very difficult mystery for some time.

Try the twilight zone. Most shows from back then were family sitcoms. Very little sci fi. Even star trek never mentioned it. I don't think.
edit on 23-6-2011 by siren8 because: (no reason given)

join