It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Democrats are geniuses: why they are able to get away with most of what they do.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 03:53 PM
link   
I've just came to this revelation just recently. Democrats are actually far more dangerous than Republicans are but no less evil. You know why? They're able to do all the same things that Republicans do and they get away with it because they tell the people that they are for them and they represent mainstreet. Democrats know that in order to get away with something they must first vote for some horrendous legislation, and then, vehemently criticize it later on, and act as if they had no part in any of it. I can give five examples of where this has taken place.

#1- The Patriot Act. Democrats unanimously for the most part voted for the Patriot Act when it first passed. There were dissenters, but, since it passed under a Republican administration, Democrats act as if they had nothing to do with it. They claim that they were never given the bill to read in the first place. Democratic leadership continues to pass the Patriot act and all the controversial amendments even though they publicly claim to be in opposition to it.

#2- The Iraq war. Democrats were mostly in favor of the Iraq war when it first happened but now that it's cool to criticize it they act as if they never were in support of it. I personally never was in support of it but I don't act at the same time like I always thought it was a lie... I wanted to weigh the evidence before I came to my conclusions about the war and thus I've concluded that the war was based on either lies or false intelligence. But Democrats act like they were against it from the very start thus absolving them of their responsibility.

#3- The No-child left behind act. Democrats love to constantly criticize this piece of legislation citing how test scores don't reflect a child's education. Of course they don't and all their criticism of the bill is right. But this was a bi-partisan legislation that was passed by the two major parties and Democratic leadership continues to REFORM rather than annul the No-Child left behind act.

-The unfunded "No Child Left Behind Act" was passed with 91 votes in support of the bill, eight votes against it and one member declining to vote on the bill.

www.thebatt.com...

#4- The military commissions act. Ever since 2004 Democrats have taken a strong stand against George W Bush for torture, but, in 2006 they changed their views, giving George W Bush expanded powers in the war on terror. By criticizing torture, the Democrats can take the right argument and appear to be in the moral-high ground.

George W. Bush got what he wanted, ostensibly as a tool in his unfocused "war on terror": By signing into law the Military Commissions Act of 2006, Bush has made it legal for the C.I.A. to continue operating torture facilities in undisclosed, foreign countries, and for the writ of habeas corpus to be suspended for individuals who are designated "enemy combatants" against the U.S. (Designated by whom? That question remains unanswered.) The law also "establishes military tribunals that would allow some use of evidence obtained by coercion [that is, torture], but would give defendants access to classified evidence being used to convict them." (Reuters)
Bush's torture bill purports to

AP

Bush's torture bill purports to "protect America," even though it appears to be designed to help protect Republicans instead

The provisions of Bush's new torture law mean that Americans have lost the key, constitutional right on which Anglo-American criminal law (and criminal-law procedures in true democracies in general) is founded; that's the basic right of an individual to know why he or she is being apprehended and detained. Now, technically, as in Stalin's Soviet Union, Hitler's Germany, Mao's China or Pol Pot's Cambodia, anyone labeled an "enemy combatant" - again, by whom; by Bush? - can be whisked away and never heard from again. That kind of authority, in the hands of corrupt or untruthful politicians, may or may not be an effective tool in some kind of "war on terror," but it certainly can be a useful tool when it comes to silencing their opponents.
Three men who've played key roles in the Bush administration's ongoing defiance of the U.S. Consitution looked on as Bush signed the torture bill into law: Attorney General Alberto Gonzales, Defense Secretary Donald Rumsfeld and Vice-president Dick Cheney

Ron Edmonds/AP

Three men who've played key roles in the Bush administration's ongoing defiance of the U.S. Consitution looked on as Bush signed the torture bill into law: Attorney General Alberto Gonzales, Defense Secretary Donald Rumsfeld and Vice-president Dick Cheney

"Officially, the Military Commissions Act protects detainees from blatant abuses during questioning, such as rape, torture and 'cruel and inhuman' treatment, but it does not require that any of them be granted legal counsel....Bush said that it was 'fair, lawful and necessary.'" (Times)

www.sfgate.com...

#5- Democrats loved the Bush administration! As soon as the 2006 elections were over the Democrats pledged to work with Bush, and, that impeachment was off the table.

Incoming Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid, center, walks down the Capitol's steps with Sen. Dick Durbin, right, and Sen. Charles Schumer.

Now facing Democratic control of both chambers of Congress during the last two years of his presidency, President Bush on Friday continued to move toward building a working relationship with Democratic congressional leaders.

Bush met in the Oval Office with Sen. Harry Reid of Nevada, who is expected to be the Senate majority leader when a new Congress convenes in January, and Sen. Dick Durbin of Illinois, expected to become assistant majority leader.

"I assured the senators that we will cooperate as closely as we can to solve common problems," Bush said after the meeting.
Advertisement
Ads by Google

Obama in 2012?Should Obama be re-elected? Share your opinion here. www.newsmax.com/surveys
1 Trick to Relieve JointsSee How You Can Relieve Your Joints With This Fast and Easy Trick! www.Instaflex.com

The president also congratulated the senators on their election victory and said, "I know they were proud of their team's efforts. And they ran good campaigns and they talked about issues that people care about, and they won."

The new dynamic of checks and balances between Congress and the executive branch provide "a great opportunity for us to show the country that Republicans and Democrats are equally as patriotic and equally concerned about the future, and that we can work together," Bush said.

Reid concurred, saying, "Election's over. The only way to move forward is with bipartisanship and openness and to get some results. And we've made a commitment -- the four of us here today -- that that's what we're going to do."

articles.cnn.com...
OLITICS

Seeking to choke off a Republican rallying cry, the House's top Democrat has told colleagues that the party will not seek to impeach President Bush even if it gains control of the House in November's elections, her office said last night.

Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi (Calif.) told her caucus members during their weekly closed meeting Wednesday "that impeachment is off the table; she is not interested in pursuing it," spokesman Brendan Daly said.

www.washingtonpost.com...

#6- TARP! Democrats love to bash the Bush bailout but they were as big of players in it as much as the Republicans were! You don't believe me? Let's take a walk back in time to 2008. The Democrats loved bi-partisanship and wanted to work with Bush to get things done.

President Bush has said that despite political disagreements over parts of the US government’s financial bailout plan, he is sure it is will be passed.

In a statement at the White House, he said: “My administration continues to work with the Congress on a rescue plan, and we need a rescue plan; it’s hard work, our proposal is a big proposal, and the reason it’s big and substantial is because we’ve got a big problem.

Bush concluded: “We are going to get a package passed, we will rise to the occasion, Republicans and Democrats will come together and pass a substantial rescue plan.”

www.euronews.net...

So now you understand the Democrat's strategy. Blame blame blame, and then, deny any responsibility for doing anything.

It's because of this that the Democrats put themselves in a much better position than Republicans do when it comes to the polls, and, people are more angry at the Republicans than they are at the Democrats when they should be hating both parties.

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 03:57 PM
link   
Just two sides of the same counterfeit coin.

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 04:02 PM
link   
"democrats are geniuses" cause the like to think they are and remember who controls the educational system in america.

one side are heralded as heroes of the people and the other side castigated as satans.

manipulation and divisions are a means to an end and that is control get people fighting witheach other and they get that tunnel vision and they never see the larger picture.

i am not a beleiver of the so called fake left right paradigm one side is clearly worse than the other.

but for the purposes of this thread i wont say which.

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 04:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by neo96

i am not a believer of the so called fake left right paradigm one side is clearly worse than the other.

Both are pure evil. 1 is like Mussolini and the other is like Hitler; I mean solely in the degree of evil.

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 04:10 PM
link   
Its not that Democrats or Republicans are geniuses , its that most people are morons, that will believe anything politicians say ,and even if they (politicians) do not deliver on their promises (which usually happens) they will just find a reason to forgive them and the whole circus starts again at next elections ..

This might sound harsh so I apologize if I offended somebody, this is just my personal opinion , people are morons for the most part ...

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 04:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Thill

Right. Whether or not most people are morons Democrats are far better at exploiting them than Republicans are. They know how to do things and then act like what they did was necessary at the time, and then, they absolve themselves from their guilt by blaming the other side, and then they're all like see what they did?

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 04:27 PM
link   
yeah like the democrats telling the sheeple iraq and afghanistan are wrong murder is wrong pull out end the killing and whatnot.

and then turn around and go kill and murder in libya and yemen and its good for them!.

its priceless.

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 05:38 PM
link   
Really? Just democrats get away with most of what they do? No republicans get away with what they do?

Hmm. Sounds to me like another rediculous left / right debate that gets us nowhere. Can you not see through the bs they have us believe on a daily basis? Is there not enough information on this site to have an intelligent opinion on this never ending conversation?

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 06:13 PM
link   
The OP said both sides were equally evil, yet democrats get a pass in the media or by the populace. This is not partisan but actually non-partisan, and I agree with it.

One of my liberal friends says "Democrats are bad, but Republicans are EVIL." She's wrong, both are evil. She's trapped by the partisan mindset and will never see the true evil until her mind is freed from it. She wept over babies killed by Bush but now defends Obama's actions to start new unjustified wars. It is such absolute nonsense, it shows how people can be so controlled by hatred. Her hatred of republicans blinds her to the absolute evil actions of HER party.

I think humans are too flawed to survive.

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 08:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Frankidealist35

Yes only Democrats can start wars, raise taxes, vote for wars, rob social security etc etc etc .......

And do it all yet either make it "not our fault!" or somehow make everyone believe it's the best thing in the world.

Take reducing troop levels in Afghanistan .. it brings the level to 2009 levels, a year after he started .. Liberals see this as ending the war, a logical person sees this as .... returning to normal? This is all because Democrats have the air of "cool" and celebrity status for the retarded college population .. media spins anything they do into something good.

The important thing to know is that they do the exact same things as Republicans, they might be a little different here and there but ultimately they are the same, same goals, work for the same people. By making one party evil and the other cool they can successfully divide the country.

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 08:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Thill

Dear if you have no posted that I would have done it myself and with not apologies, you are right people are morons and you are the only genius here, thanks for the post.

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 07:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by neo96
"democrats are geniuses" cause the like to think they are and remember who controls the educational system in america.

one side are heralded as heroes of the people and the other side castigated as satans.

manipulation and divisions are a means to an end and that is control get people fighting witheach other and they get that tunnel vision and they never see the larger picture.

i am not a beleiver of the so called fake left right paradigm one side is clearly worse than the other.

Neo, I'm so with you on that!!!!

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 08:19 AM
link   
It helps when the media is on your side.

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 08:26 AM
link   
This again? Or rather, still? The entire Republican/Democrat paradigm is to keep THESE kinds or arguments raging while tey are able to maintain Business As Usual. Both sides are bought-and-paid-for by the elite: banks, big business, uber wealthy. They are simply doing what their benfactors demand. They need the good-cop/bad-cop appearance to keep people from catching on to the scheme. And as usual, it's working like a charm. Evidence, this thread.

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 08:33 AM
link   
In order to qualify as a genius, does that mean I'm going to have to Tweet my junk at some college chick?

Seriously though, the democrats are just better at manipulation. It doesn't mean they are smarter, just trickier.

S+F Because I got to say "Tweet my junk".

new topics

top topics

join