It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"Brazil Confirms Existence of One of Earth's Last Uncontacted Tribes"

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 04:11 PM
link   
reply to post by ArMaP

yeah that makes more sense and thanks for the clarification.

agendas are abound everywhere.

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 04:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by ArMaP
Although that thing on the rock looks too much like an aluminium pan for me to consider them fully uncontacted.

Having an aluminium pan, or any other materials of that type, will most likely be the result of inter-tribal trading between this group and a neighbouring people who have been contacted by outsiders.

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 04:14 PM
link   
We should just do the humane thing and nuke them from orbit.

It's the only way to be sure.

I kid, I kid. But on a serious note, their culture is doomed. Sooner or later they'll get wiped out by poachers with guns. It's been happening to every native civilization for the last 500 years. These people are simply the last in a long line of cultural genocides.

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 04:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sherlock Holmes

Although that thing on the rock looks too much like an aluminium pan for me to consider them fully uncontacted.

Having an aluminium pan, or any other materials of that type, will most likely be the result of inter-tribal trading between this group and a neighbouring people who have been contacted by outsiders.

Way to go Sherlock Holmes!
I always wanted to say that.
Could be how they got it.

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 04:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Sherlock Holmes

OK, I will consider them at least "contacted by proxy".

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 04:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Sherlock Holmes

Or one of their hunters could have simply found it in an abandoned campsite used by poachers and brought it back as a curiosity. Unless someone makes official contact with these people and establishes communication, we'll never know.

edit on 23-6-2011 by Cryptonomicon because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 04:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Cryptonomicon

Yes, that's another possibility.

Either way, the presence of Western materials within this tribe's village doesn't necessarily mean that they've been contacted by anyone other than neighbouring peoples.

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 04:26 PM
link   

OK, I will consider them at least "contacted by proxy".

Yes, after all, if they have been in contact with neighbouring peoples, then they may have an abundance of second hand Western knowledge. Next thing you know, you might see one of them whipping out a BlackBerry.

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 04:29 PM
link   
reply to post by EnigmaAgent

That's not the same picture.

@Armap, where did you get that photo?

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 05:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Regenstorm

From the link on the opening post.

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 06:04 PM
link   
reply to post by ArMaP

Thanks, I didn't click the link because of my way too expensive connection that I have at the moment. (fux is a big site in terms of Mb's)
It is indeed questionable if they never had contact to the outside world. But it could also be that they found remains of an expedition, (dead) travelers or a crashed plane.

BTW, who should we send to make first contact?

Johnnie Knoxville?
Oprah?
Larry Silverstein?
.....?

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 06:26 PM
link   
reply to post by GhostLancer

I am definitely amonst the leave them alone crowd. They don't need their lives and their minds poisoned by the folks who run this country, thats for sure.

No, if there were a "Breakaway Civilization" as Richard Dolan has coined the term (I believe), they might be walking amongst us and we wouldn't know it. It would be a secret civilization coexisting along our own, with access to highly exotic technologies. We might think their lights in the sky are alien craft much like primitive, uncontacted tribes might think a helicopter is the return of their winged serpent god.

Well said. And I'm crazy enough to believe this is a possibility. www.abovetopsecret.com...

S&F

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 07:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Regenstorm
BTW, who should we send to make first contact?
Nobody.

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 11:07 AM
link   
Wow, what a great turn-about while I was away! I couldn't get online last night to keep up. Wow.

Yeah, I didn't notice that pan. It looks fabricated. I'd have to agree with those of you who said "contacted by proxy." Trading with neighboring tribes makes sense. And, yet another "lost" tribe being discovered also gets a lot of attention, too.

This is why I really LOVE ATS. It's a great place to explore our world on a regular basis, since most of us don't have the time or resources to actually GO to the Amazon basin or elsewhere. I wonder if we, ourselves, are a people who simply aren't aware of another level of civilization that is right next to us, yet we don't see it.

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 11:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by jaycen420
LEAVE THESE PEOPLE ALONE!!

I hope they do. There are some out there who would love to see welfare seize the kids and force the adults to get "jobs".

I wonder if they would mind a 37yo white man to come and stay for a while?

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 12:04 PM
link   
Have we now upset their existence on this planet by buzzing them with an aircraft? Would they now feel the urge to explore this new experience or will we go and try and communicate with them and pass on our diseases?

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 12:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Atlantien
Would they now feel the urge to explore this new experience or will we go and try and communicate with them and pass on our diseases?
No, they take photos of those tribes whenever they think that the deforestation situation is getting worse, to make people aware of the problem.

It's easier when people see an isolated tribe in danger than when they see just "some trees".

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 12:48 PM
link   
Why not set up hidden cameras all around their tribe and study them like animals before the missionaries get there and destroy the tribe? Take it easy, I'm just kidding...

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 04:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Atlantien
Have we now upset their existence on this planet by buzzing them with an aircraft? Would they now feel the urge to explore this new experience or will we go and try and communicate with them and pass on our diseases?

Well, the ones who might want to find out "The Truth" about the flying aircraft will probably be ridiculed and told they licked the hallucinogenic frog too many times. After a while, their "friends" might jab them every now and then about "that flock of birds reflecting sun (or moon) light." If the ones who are still determined to discover the truth continue with their investigations, they might be shunned from the rest of the tribe, being seen as strange or nutty.

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 04:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by blackrain17
Why not set up hidden cameras all around their tribe and study them like animals before the missionaries get there and destroy the tribe? Take it easy, I'm just kidding...

Like the Jim Carry movie that came out in 2000-ish. Setting up hidden cameras everywhere would be a crazy kind of reality tv. It would be interesting to see how "unaware" people live. But, we probably have all of that documented because scientists have probably already gone and lived with similar folks to study, learn and document. The "reality tv" slant is pretty interesting, though.

HERE IS A THOUGHT: We are now hearing about "insect-sized" drones equipped with tiny cameras that can fly around to gather info and transmit it back to us. Miniturization of tech has become reality for us. If there were an ADVANCED or BREAKAWAY civilization around us, image the kinds of tech they might have, they might BE USING to watch us like scientists studying primatives cultures. YOU, me, and all of us could be under 24/7 surveillance/study and not even be aware. If *WE* can create insect-sized drones, heck, they probably can create INVISIBLE image/sound-gathering tech that is invisible.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join