It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"Brazil Confirms Existence of One of Earth's Last Uncontacted Tribes"

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 01:43 PM
link   

"Brazil Confirms Existence of One of Earth's Last Uncontacted Tribes"

www.foxnews.com

The world is still full of mysteries, it seems.

The government of Brazil confirmed this week the existence of around 200 members of a still-uncontacted tribe living in a southwestern area of the Amazon rain forest.

Three large clearings in the area had been identified by satellite, but the population's existence was only verified after airplane expeditions in April gathered more data, the National Indian Foundation said in a news release Monday.

In early February, Survival Internatio
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 01:43 PM
link   
Imagine never having seen anything but rainforest your entire life. You live in a hut and hunt and gather for food. You tell stories because that is how you learn and pass on heritage. You have no idea how much you are missing.

Now, take this example and apply it to ourselves. Sure, we think we're the highest technologically advanced civilization on the planet... But *are we?* If we weren't, just like this tribe and others like them, we might not necessarily be aware of it.

There could be more highly advanced humans looking at all of us folks as natives in a jungle. Of course, the scenario is a bit more complex than geographical separation because our "known" civilization has conquered the globe with air and sea travel, even orbitted our planet.

No, if there were a "Breakaway Civilization" as Richard Dolan has coined the term (I believe), they might be walking amongst us and we wouldn't know it. It would be a secret civilization coexisting along our own, with access to highly exotic technologies. We might think their lights in the sky are alien craft much like primitive, uncontacted tribes might think a helicopter is the return of their winged serpent god.

Thoughts?

PS: Moderators, although this is breaking news from Fox, please feel free to move to any more appropriate forum.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/885e20433f38.jpg[/atsimg]
www.foxnews.com
(visit the link for the full news article)
edit on 23-6-2011 by GhostLancer because: Typo

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 01:50 PM
link   
There is so much mystery still amongst us. People act as if we have conquered many aspects of reality but thats a joke. Hopefully they allow that tribe to stay untouched and pure, as they should be.

There could be another technologically advanced group that discovered how to exist in a pure form of energy, or maybe another dimension ?

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 01:59 PM
link   
What, theres a few acres of rainforest without a starbucks in? Well I'm sure they aren't going to put up with that for long.
We need to expand into untapped markets people

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 02:06 PM
link   
reply to post by GhostLancer

My thoughts are it would be more remarkable if this *weren't* the case based on my continued and growing understanding of the world around me and the patterns of history.

Namaste!

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 02:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by WordPlayJAy
There is so much mystery still amongst us. People act as if we have conquered many aspects of reality but thats a joke. Hopefully they allow that tribe to stay untouched and pure, as they should be.

There could be another technologically advanced group that discovered how to exist in a pure form of energy, or maybe another dimension ?

Very insightful observations. We do think we've conquered the globe. We have mapped, surveyed and gotten satellite imagery of the Earth, Moon, Mars and more. We have used SONAR and satellite imagery to map the terrain of the sea floor. We have colonized every continent save Antarctica (although we have a permanent base/presence there). Cars crisscross areas of the globe regularly, as aircraft fly across even more remote regions. And, yet, with all of this... We still have much to see, for our "conquest" is but mere illusion.

Still, there are *hints* that we haven't conquered all. Those hints are in the form of impossible ancient artifacts and ruins like the Pyramids of Giza, South American pyramids and mountain complexes, undersea ruins of perplexing nature off the coasts of Japan and Africa. There are also strange artifacts found in coal strata which suggest those obviously human-crafted objects should be millions of years old. There are fossilized dinosaur tracks in an ancient riverbed with *painfully obvious* human footprints walking alongside. If, indeed, humans are far older than we've been taught, then those ancients might have made dramatic leaps forward and either hidden themselves from us (visually or locationally), or taken on intangible forms (energy, vapor --both perhaps).

And, when we talk of such things, we have more in common with the Uncontacted People of this world than might be comfortable to realize, for surely they speak of their ancient gods, giants, spirit-folk and visitors from the sky...

Posters: stars for each of your thoughts!

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 02:22 PM
link   
I really hope that the Brazilian government leaves them alone.
They dont need civilization bursting down their huts and pushing
their western civilization on them.
They have been fine for thousands of years.
It saddens me to see this happen to them.
LEAVE THESE PEOPLE ALONE!!

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 02:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by jaycen420
I really hope that the Brazilian government leaves them alone.
They dont need civilization bursting down their huts and pushing
their western civilization on them.
They have been fine for thousands of years.
It saddens me to see this happen to them.
LEAVE THESE PEOPLE ALONE!!

Remember hearing about how much rainforest is cut down every day? It's a lot. I imagine that many people/tribes have had their jungle just disappear before their eyes already. Those people were forced by deforestation to either embrace civilization or starve. I wonder how many retreated deeper into the jungle, back in the 1960s and 1970s, only to have deforestation catch up to them once again and face the same issue. I wonder how many tribal conflicts were caused by their homelands being cut down.

In many documentaries set in South America, you will see "natives" wearing t-shirts with business logos boldly printed on them. Or they will have an old-styled cassette player (walk-man). Or something from "our world" they can use in "their world." For some reason, it's a shame that they had to lose so much to gain those "trinkets."

Taking that outlook one step higher... Perhaps there has been no disclosure or first contact from a higher civilization (human or otherwise) because they have advocates wanting their civilization to leave ours alone. Maybe, with admission into the "Breakaway Civilization," comes a high price...

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/fe5bcfa05eff.jpg[/atsimg]

Maybe WE would be comparible to the native wearing a corporate t-shirt, listening to a walk-man and drinking a Coke. Maybe folks like us would somehow find it saddening to see... Thoughts?
edit on 23-6-2011 by GhostLancer because: Typo

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 02:43 PM
link   
i feel sorry for them..there future will be full of religious wars ,credit cards and alcohol.....
they are better off being left alone..

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 02:53 PM
link   
woo hoo quick lets get out there and see if they got any resources we can plunder. Then we can lock them up in labs and do some tests on them and see if we can in cash in if they have a natural anti body for cancer. then we could explore the area and wipe them out with influenza or measles. Then we could send in the archaeologists to dig up the recent dead and see how they lived

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 02:53 PM
link   

......Last Uncontacted Tribes

How did they establish that exactly?

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 03:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Johnze

Good point. I think they meant *one of the* last contacted tribes.

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 03:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Johnze

LOL..good point.
I just hope they leave them alone.

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 03:46 PM
link   

I just saw this on AlJazeera, and, as in the other occasion some years ago, the government orders is not to contact them and leave them alone.

Although that thing on the rock looks too much like an aluminium pan for me to consider them fully uncontacted.

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 03:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by ArMaP

I just saw this on AlJazeera, and, as in the other occasion some years ago, the government orders is not to contact them and leave them alone.

Although that thing on the rock looks too much like an aluminium pan for me to consider them fully uncontacted.

HMMM i just noticed that...looks like metal or plastc.
not natural though. Good eye ArMaP!

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 03:52 PM
link   
reply to post by ArMaP

Apprantly that photo is not as it seems.

www.digitaljournal.com...

The photographer and the agency that released the pictures wanted to make it seem like they were members of a lost tribe in order to call attention to the dangers the logging industry may have on the group. Read more: www.digitaljournal.com...

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 03:57 PM
link   
this reminds me of that one hoax i forget their name and location.

just did a google search and it seems that brazil has a history of "fake tribes" found once agian.

its hard to beleive anything thesedays probably just a push for tourism.

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 04:03 PM
link   
reply to post by EnigmaAgent

That's from 2008, not from today.

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 04:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by neo96
its hard to beleive anything thesedays probably just a push for tourism.
Not tourism (those areas are not accessible to tourists), but as an attempt to stop (or at least slow down) the deforestation that is happening in some areas of the Amazon forest, near the Peru border.

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 04:08 PM
link   

edit on 23/6/11 by EnigmaAgent because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join