It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Taliban Leader: US Has Been Defeated in Afghanistan

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 12:56 PM
link   

In an article in an Urdu-language quarterly magazine published by the Tehreek-e-Taliban Pakistan (TTP), Taliban commander Umer Khalid accused the “Western media and the international media working under its influence” of engaging in covering up the biggest news story of the day – that “the U.S. has been defeated in Afghanistan.”

Taliban Leader: US Media Is Covering Up Biggest Story of Day – US Has Been Defeated in Afghanistan

This is the message Obama has sent to the world. Expect attacks against US and Afgan army to increase in frequency and size.

Umer Khalid, who is the TTP’s Emir for the Pakistani tribal district of Mohmand Agency, says that all countries are engaged in formulating new strategies in view of the U.S. defeat in Afghanistan, but that Pakistan is still slumbering. “India is worried about the defeat of its allies, and hence is busy in strengthening its defense preparedness, while China, Iran and Russia are seeing a glimpse of a new world order,” he writes.

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 12:59 PM
link   
We had lost from the start. The only difference between when we went in there and when the soviets went in there is that now the Taliban are better trained, more pissed off and better equipped. One of the reasons they've got so many members joining up all the time is because of western influence in the country..

Go figure.

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 01:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Soltari

Now is where you say something about this to start a discussion......

If I just wanted information I would research it myself......

I feel like there isn't 1 new user who reads about starting threads on this site????

Thanks for the info.....

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 01:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Soltari

Hooray, now he can climb out behind his woman's skirts, and pretend he is a man.

Did you expect any different response?

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 01:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Chrisfishenstein
reply to post by Soltari

Now is where you say something about this to start a discussion......

If I just wanted information I would research it myself......

Calm down Mclain.

This is the message Obama has sent to the world. Expect attacks against US and Afgan army to increase in frequency and size.

He/she didn't say a lot I know but at least it was something.. and they did share the info with us.

edit on 26/10/2010 by TechUnique because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 01:04 PM
link   
So sayeth the man who cant make a cell phone call without bringing a 500lb bomb down on his head and has to resport to blowing up girls schools to get in the papers.

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 01:07 PM
link   

edit on 23-6-2011 by Soltari because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 01:08 PM
link   
Obama Claims he is going to commence the Removal of Troops, A Day Later the ""Taliban Leader"" Claims the Us has been defeated and more attacks shall be directed at Us Troops,

Coincidence?

Propaganda

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 01:09 PM
link   
Anyone NOT see this coming? Anyone? Beuller? Ferris Beuller?

When you announce a withdrawl without a clear victory, then THIS is what to expect. We have had victories, some astouinding work done. But that doesn't make the headlines.

And that furry little clown can go pound sand.

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 02:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Soltari

With these guys, if you give them a inch, they'll take a mile.

But unless we are willing to commit genocide (something I am not advocating), it will continue. And history repeats itself.
edit on 23-6-2011 by TDawgRex because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 02:34 PM
link   
While I think we shouldn't be therein the first place, I find it kinda stupid they can say that ..

We "wiped" the floor with them so to speak

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 11:47 AM
link   
Yeah, we lost from the start. It was a pointless war to go. These Afghani tribes held off Alexander and was the most prominent catalyst in bringing down the Soviet Union. I don't see why if the CIA wanted to kill al Qaeda so bad, they didn't just send in small groups like the SEALs that nabbed Osama.

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 03:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Soltari

Taliban Leader: US Has Been Defeated in Afghanistan,

He is hardly going to say that they have been defeated and they would like new jobs kissing Obama’s feet every morning before prayers. The source is the Taliban’s propaganda magazine, you wouldn’t really be expecting them to declare otherwise would you?

I do agree however, America has messed up in Afghanistan however the source of this thread is highly questionable

Allso I thaught by "Taliban Leader" you were talking about Mullah Omar, you are not its just a little missleading thats all.

top topics

join