It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The 911 Conspiracy Forum thread conspiracy?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 11:05 AM
link   
I frequently read threads in the 911 forum because I enjoy the ability to think for myself and to explore new possibilities but lately, I've noticed a pattern.
You have all these accusations going back and forth, coming from both sides ("truthers" I think and "OS'ers" - short for Old School?). One side is calling the other "disinfo agents". The other side is screaming "loonies!" and stuff. In the end it always boils down to same old tired arguments.

"Prove it!". "No! I said YOU prove it!"
"Where's your proof?". "No, I asked first - where's YOUR proof?"
"Let's see your sources". "No, those sources are some blog. They're not credible!"

Rinse.....repeat /yawn

It get's quite tiring really. I read through these threads as do others I'm sure, hoping to gain new insight into events of that fateful day, but it always seems to boil down to what I described above which got me wondering....

what if that Ad nauseam diatribe is EXACTLY the purpose of the threads to begin with?

The threads in the forum are made and nurtured and flamed and quashed for the distinct purpose of making the reader turn away. They're not made to explore any new evidence or information. They're not made to present any groundbreaking research or analysis. They are made simply to turn others away from them so that when any TRUTH does come out, people will avoid reading about it because they're expecting the same old he said/she said conflict.

Anybody feel the same?

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 11:10 AM
link   
I definitely see your point, and steer completely clear of that forum now for that very reason. Unless some one brings some completely ground breaking info fourth, it's always the same thread. And sometimes, even WITH ground breaking evidence, it STILL turns on to the same thread!

You might be right, who knows. Nothing would surprise me really.

And just so you know, OS stands for Official Story.

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 11:14 AM
link   
No offense, but I think you're reading too much into it. (OS is short for official story, by the way) It's and internet forum-there will be the ridiculous back and forth baseless arguments because of the anonymity afforded by posting online. No one has anything to fear from anyone else, so a lot of asinine claims are made on both sides because they don't need to be substantiated. Everybody is an expert after they watch a youtube video. Lots of emotions surrounding the topic. But it's not just 911. Chemtrails, aliens, NWO, the same arguments being thrown back and forth. Who knows, maybe you're right. And yes, I am a disinfo agent.

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 11:19 AM
link   
reply to post by TXRabbit

I think you're mostly right, but I'm not sure the purpose is to turn readers away as much as it is to get them to waste a lot of time by arguing and fighting over a bunch of conspiracy theories that can't ALL be true because a lot of them seem to contradict each other. They want there to be as much confusion as possible so people waste a lot of time and patience and THEN get frustrated, walk away, and label us all as crazy while never getting close to the truth in the first place (or glossing over it without realizing it). If that makes any sense.

Either way, as long as people are turning away OR arguing between themselves, the war continues, people don't care, and everybody gets what they want.
edit on 23-6-2011 by greenWeenie because: too vague

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 11:20 AM
link   
it doesn't matter...same with me on the kennedy assassination...the mcgruder film CLEARLY shows a front head shot, and for all these years the official story has been only one shooter from the rear.

the official story on 911 will remain exactly as it has been for the last 10 years, and no amount of wishing and hoping will change it. that's how the US government works.

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 11:34 AM
link   
reply to post by jimmyx

it doesn't matter...same with me on the kennedy assassination...the mcgruder film CLEARLY shows a front head shot, and for all these years the official story has been only one shooter from the rear.

Correct me if i'm wrong, but the Warren commission said it's was a single shooter, Oswald. the senate house comity on assassinations said it was a conspiracy probably involving more than 1 shooter.

anyways, the OP is reading into it too much, but there is an underlying issue.

The truthers, who I consider myself one of, have no new information, and haven't, for years. Each time someone posts a new thread, it's the same information, recycled, reformatted, and re-posted.

the sad fact is, this far in, you aren't really going to convince anyone. Beyond that, it appears to me that the goal of informing people has been abandoned. Some real "truthers" are still out there digging and fighting, but for the most part, it's become a fad. These threads are neither designed to convert you, nor to distract you or turn you away. The purpose, appears to be, back slapping and high fiving about being in a select "group" that knows more than the "sheeple".

The other side to that is the people not only unwilling to look at the information, but take it upon themselves to inform you that you are retarded.

There's two core factions and they will never get along.

There are plenty of untainted 911 threads, just avoid the new ones is my advice

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 11:51 AM
link   
reply to post by TXRabbit

How do you have a debate with someone who wants only to argue?

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 11:57 AM
link   
LOSING CONTROL OF THE MASSES

Back and forth arguing and bickering keeps us in check and under control.

There exists technology that is light years ahead of what’s been made known to the public and defies all physics and logic taught in government controlled institutions.

Technology that could revolutionize the world and truly make us a free people is kept hidden at all costs.

The ramifications of this suppression have and will affect billions of lives.

So go on arguing all you want just as long as you never act upon the information above and expose the true criminals what lies ahead for mankind will make 9/11 look like a picnic.

www.youtube.com...

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 12:31 PM
link   
reply to post by witwayta

Agreed (my opinion) but your link goes to a deleted video, got any others?

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 12:37 PM
link   
Agreed (my opinion) but your link goes to a deleted video, got any others?

www.youtube.com...

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 01:54 PM
link   
I believe it's a part of their overall objective, but their talent is marginal, something they probably didn't factor in. Their tit's in a ringer right now because they know their side is losing ground.

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 02:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by TXRabbit

The threads in the forum are made and nurtured and flamed and quashed for the distinct purpose of making the reader turn away. They're not made to explore any new evidence or information. They're not made to present any groundbreaking research or analysis. They are made simply to turn others away from them so that when any TRUTH does come out, people will avoid reading about it because they're expecting the same old he said/she said conflict.

Anybody feel the same?

Star and flag for you. I feel the same. I believe many threats are created with the intent to drive away the reader from the topic. Genuine threads are manipulated to become hostile and emotional. This is a classical COINTELPRO-tactic.

A study of COINTELPRO revealed four basic approaches.

First, there was infiltration. Agents and informers did not merely spy on political activists. The main purpose was to discredit and disrupt. Their presence served to undermine trust and scare off potential supporters. They also exploited this fear to smear genuine activists as agents.

Second, there was psychological warfare from the outside. They planted false media stories and published bogus leaflets and other publications in the name of targeted groups. They forged correspondence, sent anonymous letters, and made anonymous telephone calls. They spread misinformation about meetings and events, set up pseudo movement groups run by agents, and manipulated or strong-armed parents, employers, landlords, school officials and others to cause trouble for activists.

www.albionmonitor.com...

Here a video which shows, that it is quite likely that similar tactics are used against 9/11 truth.

Questioning the OS (official story) is subversive. Any danger to the State is likely to provoke a reaction. In the past there were directives to marginalize JFK-assassination researchers. They should look kooky. Internal quarrels squashed this community and prevented further research and legal action.
mtracy9.tripod.com...

Cass Sunstein has written a paper in which he encourages the government to secretly infiltrate chat-rooms, forums and real groups to disseminate “countermisinformation” and disrupt these groups. His focus are “conspiracy theorists”, especially those interested in 9/11. Now he is the current head of the Office of Information and Regulatory Affairs. I wonder if he responsible for the implementation of his "scientific" proposals.
www.salon.com...

Here are some further links, which show, that secret government propaganda in the web is a thing we have to watch for:
BBC article: US plans to 'fight the net' revealed
news.bbc.co.uk...
The National Security Archive: Rumsfeld's Roadmap to Propaganda
www.gwu.edu...
Guardian article: Revealed: US spy operation that manipulates social media
www.guardian.co.uk...

I don't know if there are agents here which read our posts and try to manipulate us. But if there are any here, I advise them to consider that their children and grandchildren have to live in the world, they help to create.

And since 9/11 was used to incite hatred against muslims, I also want to add a quote from Arthur Ponsonby:

"In calm retrospect we can appreciate better the disastrous effects of the poison of falsehood, whether officially, semiofficially, or privately manufactured.

It has been rightly said that the injection of the poison of hatred into men's minds by means of falsehood is a greater evil in wartime than the actual loss of life. The defilement of the human soul is worse than the destruction of the human body. A fuller realization of this is essential."

www.vlib.us...
edit on 23-6-2011 by Drunkenshrew because: fixed link

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 02:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Drunkenshrew

You are right on target. Just look at Fox. If you even question the OS you are branded a lunatic. Why is that? How can any reasonably intelligent person not question the anomalies within the OS? Seriously, am I supposed to believe that among the dozen or so on air personalities, not one of them wants answers to some of the questions we've posed here?

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 02:16 PM
link   
I for one am an Oser.

I post here in rebuttal to what I feel is incorrect information or ideas.

I feel the truthers are trying to create an insurrection all be it minor against the government. Unfortunately stupidity travels faster and farther than intelligence. There are people who come here with suspicions and misconceptions. Some call themselves fence sitters. There are several people here who spend their time presenting the opposing side (OS). Hopefully when he stays for a while he will see that there isn’t any proof to the conspiracy. Otherwise if left unchecked, talk like this could reach such proportions that some nut could take actions into his hands.

The last thing we want is another JL shooting some old man sitting on his porch after a life of serving his country. All over non existent explosives, holograms or just simple misconceptions of physics.

That’s why I’m here. Plus it’s fun watching a train wreck!

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 02:29 PM
link   
Oh so truthers are responsible for nutters shooting ppl? Not heard that one before. For sum one to get fun out of the tragedy that was 9/11 is pretty sick i think you need a new hobby

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 02:31 PM
link   

How can any reasonably intelligent person not question the anomalies within the OS?

Because we don't see them as anomalies. Only you do.

Go into a room full of stock experts. Listen to their stories. It's likely their logic doesn't make sense as to why they chose a stock. But they do make money because they are experts.

At some point you have to trust the experts over your own hunch. Otherwise you will spend your life questioning everything you hear and never make any progress.

Going with your gut when you have no real track record in the field usually gives poor results.
Think Las Vegas.
Think Stocks again for a minute. As the crash was under way people were selling because their gut told them they were about to lose all their money. They were wrong. Trusting their gut cost them thousands.
Those of us who sat still or even bought on the way down did quite well.

You have to be a expert in the field before you can trust your gut.

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 02:33 PM
link   
reply to post by kaya82

The fun comes from reading the stories of holograms or some one walking away with 3 trillion dollars.

Next they will say planes did hit the Pentagon but Bigfoot was at the controls.

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 07:34 AM
link   
Either way its sick and your showing no respect to the victims

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 11:22 AM
link   
reply to post by samkent

Believe me, I know I'm not an expert. But, I know bullshet when I read it, and what you just said in my opinion, was just that. At best you could be called a contrarian, but I prefer something more derogatory. What good do you believe your comments bring to this discussion?

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 11:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by TXRabbit

Anybody feel the same?

Not really. All the discussions here have boiled down to the exact same pattern-

When conspiracy supporters provide information that supposedly proves there was a conspiracy, we'll naturally investigate it and we'll find out that it's a bald faced lie. Case in point- "Cheney issued a stand down order" which really was a question asking did the orders still stand.

When we provide information showing it was a legitimate terrorist attack, the conspiracy theorists will never look into it. They'll simply accuse it of being gov't disinformation without ever explainign exactly how it's gov't disinformation. Case in point- the hundred eyewitnesses who specifically saw that it was a passenger jet that hit the Pentagon. accusing everyone and everything that disagrees wit their conspiracy claims to be gov't disinformation isn't a legitimate answer- this is circular logic, in that they're repeating their original statements in different terms in an attempt to explain itself.

Despite the bickering, one fact has always remained clear- the conspiracy theorists NEVER hold their own conspiracy claims up to the exact same stringent level of critical analysis that they do the 9/11 commission report, because they know if they do, they wouldn't be conspiracy theorists for very long.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join