It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Respect, Corruption, Law Enforcement and You

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 10:56 AM
link   
cop hater yes i am and from the looks of it your a people hating cop. so whats new. so now the real cop comes out. lol we knew it would.

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 10:57 AM
link   

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 10:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by semperfortis
and I mean 100% of the time, are the first to cry "Where were the police when my brother was shot" or add your own statement they are all identical..

Even if I loved cops. Cherished and kissed the ground they walked on. The chances that one would be present at the very moment and in a position to prevent somebody being shot would be beyond astronomical.

My complaints in this event would likley be as follows: what the hell was he doing in that place/with those people/at that time of day ; why wasnt he permitted to be carrying a firearm ;

Tell me what good the best cop in the world could possibly do in that situation? Draw the outline? Ask a bunch of mundane questions? Fill out paperwork?

How is a cop, any cop, supposed to have either prevented the death or brought my "brother" back to life?

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 11:00 AM
link   
They wont bring him back to life, THEY WILL make jokes about your brother, maybe take personal flicks on their phones. and quitly looking around your house for any thing illegal to arrest you. or maybe they will jump on my wii and go for a round

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 11:01 AM
link   
Hey.. Not all those who dont like authority are going to sue. I have had a few instances where officers abused me. I had my head bashed into my car for being falsely accused of shop lifting. They nevr apologized, they all just quietly walked away and "took" a call. Most dont present themselves in a respectful manner. I had a very good case.. But its not what is necessary, though officers should be respectful, and apologize if they were wrong, especially if they man handle someone.

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 11:01 AM
link   

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 11:02 AM
link   
reply to post by thisguyrighthere

How is a cop, any cop, supposed to have either prevented the death

I have on more than one occasion

Go figure huh?

Semper

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 11:04 AM
link   

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 11:04 AM
link   

I guess you have to hear the same thing for 30 years for it to be this funny, but trust me it is... Just like all the stories that are obvious exaggerations or just flat out lies.. See above for some good humor..

I'm amazed at how you can polarize the argument by telling everyone that you haven't even met exactly what their life events are...

Sorry, but your typical LEO rhetorical banter is the only thing I've found humorous on this thread so far
:

"Every civ is a liar that is out to get us, the force is a brethren of good people and they're just making stuff up"....

...right.

Keep telling people about their life experiences... and how they're wrong and you're right about their literal memories. I'm sure it will get you real far. No typical know-it-all, ignorant law enforcement crap there.

Drop the gang mentality, it's gotten old.

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 11:05 AM
link   
reply to post by MachiventaMelchizedek

I have not, nor can I delete any posts in this thread..

Perhaps you may want to follow the Terms and Conditions that YOU agreed to on joining and then maybe, and I mean maybe, we could converse intellectually..

Semper

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 11:06 AM
link   

Why taze granny? Why gas granny? YOU...... That's right I said it, YOU.

The gradual change I have referenced is of course the sue happy people of this once great nation. The police can't physically assert their authority, can never build a reputation because the moment they lay hands on any one of you, you will sue them; and the liberal courts, or liberal jurisdictions will award them money and at the very least they lose their jobs or even worse, their homes and other possessions.
Yet they are still required by YOU to enforce the laws of their particular jurisdiction or again lose their jobs. What a funny little society we have that requires miracles from our police.

110% BS........

It's still very, very difficult to sue cops. Unless you have a camera with them beating you cuffed, you don't have much of a case and even then it's difficult. Plus for most departments the union or State will represent the cop for FREE!!!!

Remember the video of the big fat Chicago cop coming behind the bar to beat a 90 pound female bartender because she refused to give him another drink? He got off with a low level assault charge.

Besides, tazzing Granny is still using force so I don't get it?

As for being different types of corruption, I agree, but you forgot one category I would say 80% of cops fall into. It's the "we can break laws we don't like". This attitude makes them do things like let a fellow cop off without a speeding ticket but yet search the car of someone they don't like the looks of. When they do something like this they don't think of themselves as corrupt or even bad.

link   
Semper, I respect your post.

It is ashame how citizens are "sue-happy".
But that's what you get when a society is raised on profits.
If all people think that money brings happiness....
...then people try any means possible to do so.
Sickening.

But I can't get away from how our judicial system is strictly for monetary gain now.
Everything is about making money.

Laws are not made so LEO's can enforce them to bring in profit.
They are made to keep people honest.
But so are locks, and you know how that saying goes.

It seems that LEO's are more about bringing money in, rather than penalizing people.
That's what I've seen in the past few decades.

Rather than enforce the law, to protect citizens, LEO's enforce the law to make quotas.
There should never be any type of quota.
Quota's are for businesses.
Policework is NOT a business.
You get paid just like every other service, from tax revenue.
So why are our states/cities going bankrupt?
There should be plenty of taxmoney to pay your salary.
Well since we are being sold downstream to China, there will be less tax revenue as time goes by.
If our gov't would use income tax to help, rather than to pay back the Fed or IMF, it would be a start.
But you won't see that. We got wars to fight.

Instead you will see an increase of the fines, court costs, etc...

Now....is that fair?

Corruption occurs everywhere from city council to fireman.
That's the nature of the greedy beast.
Can't argue there.

But again, why is the prison system treated like a business?
Because greedy people know they can make money there.
Same reason why so many people are jailed for non-violent crimes.
Specifically the marijuana crimes.

It has become all about the money.

Police used to get respect and they deserved it.
Some honestly still do.
But the rookies are a new breed.
I am friends with a deputy who is about my age.
He's about the only one I respect.
(that's because he knows the laws and people's rights)

link   

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 11:09 AM
link   
reply to post by TheOrangeBrood

Sorry, but your typical LEO rhetorical banter is the only thing I've found humorous on this thread so far :

"Every civ is a liar that is out to get us, the force is a brethren of good people and they're just making stuff up"....

If you have not found it funny, you obviously don't know the context..

As for this part..

Of course not, but I expected some semblance of ability to comprehend.. Let me make it simple

It is a SMALL and I mean SMALL percentage, just like the few videos you can find about out of control cops.. A small percentage compared to the 750K that work everyday..

Just read some of the outlandish stories on here in other threads.. And they actually expect us to believe it..

Semper

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 11:10 AM
link   
reply to post by Daughter2

It's still very, very difficult to sue cops.

See what I mean.. ? You can't make this stuff up...

How many times have you been sued?

Tell me and I'll let you know how many times I have been in Federal court, state court and local..

Semper

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 11:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by MachiventaMelchizedek
your just showing your true side be deleting my post, maybe you can ban my ip address. Yes this police man cant handle a few criticism so he delete's my post. typical cop behavior.

I deleted the posts, and will continue to do so if they do not address the topic of the thread.

Go after the ball, not the player.

Personal attacks are not allowed.

Civility and Decorum are required on ATS

Please abide by the rules and state your case with facts and examples or personal opinions and experiences. Any further personal attacks or comments about Mod actions will be removed and could result in Posting Bans.

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 11:12 AM
link   
Was my corruption example not good enough to warrant a response? I have more examples.. Besides the fact they cant do their job when everything is available. My wife had her purse stolen out of her car. They had video of it. Never found out who. I spend 3 hours investigating and found the person. I told them and they said I couldnt prove it. So... Corruption? Or did they just want to protect a heroin junkie whos father was an officer? Yeah.. Good enough yet? I got more.. Corruption is so over looked that some dont even realize the real corruption..

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 11:12 AM
link   

reply to post by TheOrangeBrood

Sorry, but your typical LEO rhetorical banter is the only thing I've found humorous on this thread so far :

If you have not found it funny, you obviously don't know the context..

As for this part..

Of course not, but I expected some semblance of ability to comprehend.. Let me make it simple

It is a SMALL and I mean SMALL percentage, just like the few videos you can find about out of control cops.. A small percentage compared to the 750K that work everyday..

Just read some of the outlandish stories on here in other threads.. And they actually expect us to believe it..

Semper

Yes, and if the small percentage acts out...

...All the "good cops" hop in and defend their "brother".

Therefore, they're all a bunch of asshats.

Tax-employed bullies with badges.

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 11:13 AM
link   
Semper you seem to know what I'm talking about with the thin-blue-line sticker (ironically enough blue surrounded by black, I heard some really politically incorrect joking about that while I was in the National Guard like "why does it have to be blue surrounded by black?"). I've only known one person who had the notebook to go with it to record "favors". She was a cutie and her 10year older cop boyfriend only gave it to her after they got really serious. I've made it a point to let everyone I talk about police with know that that sticker means either cop or cop family. That sticker is pervasive enough and given that I'd probably not want to advertise who are my family if I were a cop, there has got to be more to it than just a show of support.

I do agree that our over litigating society probably removed the type of cop that I grew up around and occasionally wanted to be forever.

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 11:14 AM
link   
how and when were any of those comments personal. Police in america is evil point blank, was that broad enough!

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join