It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Your God is a little God.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 05:42 AM
link   
reply to post by theRhenn

Originally posted by theRhenn
Why the bashing? ...dont say it isnt.

Because the ideas are stupid

Are you trying to convince christians or yourself?

Convince? Highlighting is what I'm after.

Now.. How are you diffrent in this post to what christians do when they witness to others?

...because I'm on a web forum where people are free to read or not read and free to give me all the responses they want. I'm also pointing out basic facts and not necessarily trying to make atheists out of anyone. I'm merely pointing to people ideas that they might want to examine and discuss. I'm not telling anyone to become an atheist, merely to engage in dialog.

So whats the beef?

Bovine flesh.

Serious question here... Did creationists do anything to you that gives you purpose to shout from your podium?

Aside from trying to kill science education? Aside from spreading out and out lies?

I say live and let live.. believe and let believe, no matter what you believe.

...I'm letting people believe what they want, I'm merely opening a space for people to participate in a discussion. I'm not shouting, I'm not on a podium. I've posted a message to people on a public space that people are free to ignore or engage.

What's the point of purposly creating friction among people? I see no diffrence here from any other bible thumping christian.

Aside from me not wanting to change everyone's mind? Aside from me actually having factual basis to support my claims? Aside from me allowing people to openly challenge them without getting offended?

I'm not trying to rub you the wrong way buddy, i'm just tryin to figure out your angle and your purpose... Seriously

My angle is open and civil discourse.

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 05:44 AM
link   
reply to post by Serizawa

Originally posted by Serizawa
reply to post by madnessinmysoul

Oh yeah and the aliens are far more powerful then our little deity?

What? I'm sorry, but seriously....what the hell? When did I mention aliens? I'm saying that many people have a bizarre and limited conception of what is supposedly a limitless all powerful being.

For someone who knows no life beyond the this planet, You sure are confident in your beliefs.

...I'm not confident in life beyond other worlds. I'm fairly confident that it is incredibly likely, given what we know about cosmology and biology, but I'm not certain of any particular alien species that would exist or its limitations.

Seriously, where the hell do you pull aliens out from? I'm not an alien guy.

My point is that ideas of deities seem about as limited as the worldview of the people who originated them.

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 05:47 AM
link   
reply to post by theRhenn

Originally posted by theRhenn
I get the same sensation from his darwinism that I do from that guy standing on a corner wearing a sign telling me that I need to repent and accept Jesus as my personal savior.

...what? I'm sorry, but seriously...what the hell is 'darwinism' in this instance? I'm not a Darwinist...I may accept what could be loosely referred to as a 'Neo-Darwinian evolutionary synthesis' which would merely explain the modern sense of evolutionary biology, but Darwin isn't some faultless prophet so the usage of his name is about as dishonest as calling a physicist who studies gravity a "Newtonist"

All kidding aside. Cmon brotha, we know you're all about evolution. How many threads and how many ways are you going to say the same thing?

...this thread isn't about evolution. This thread is about the vastness of the cosmos far beyond anything imagined by religion.

It's like you're trolling, or preaching your darwanism over and over and over and over and..... you get the picture.

It's like you're trolling, saying I'm bringing up evolution when it wasn't mentioned.

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 05:48 AM
link   
reply to post by bestintentions

...deity = god. Same meaning.

Spanish: Dios

Different root for the same idea.

As for what you're saying...where's your evidence that it's even there?

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 06:13 AM
link   
Lao-Tzu says:

"True words aren't eloquent;
eloquent words aren't true.
Wise men don't need to prove their point;
men who need to prove their point aren't wise."

"Those who know don't talk.
Those who talk don't know."

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 06:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Lazarus Short

Originally posted by Lazarus Short
Lao-Tzu says:

...do you have support for why Lao-Tzu's words are any good? Oh, this is just a silly argument from authority, I forgot about that for a second.

"True words aren't eloquent;
eloquent words aren't true.

How eloquently put. Ironic, no?

Wise men don't need to prove their point;
men who need to prove their point aren't wise."

...well, Lao-Tzu's reputation with me is weakening further still. Apparently Lao-Tzu had no respect for science, which is all about proving things.

"Those who know don't talk.
Those who talk don't know."

...Again, where's the support for this blatantly false idea? What about Carl Sagan, who knew a hell of a lot about our Cosmos and decided to share it with people?

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 08:59 AM
link   
Sometimes i dont understand why people that already have strong believe about something should bash on other belief. If want a discussion why not using a nice words so wont offend other.

But everyone has their own way, so i can only hope every threads and reply will give other more valuable info.

Peace.

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 09:26 AM
link   
reply to post by maung

Originally posted by maung
Sometimes i dont understand why people that already have strong believe about something should bash on other belief.

Because beliefs aren't unassailable 'sacred cows'. Beliefs are merely ideas that can be stupid and I have every right to call them such.

If want a discussion why not using a nice words so wont offend other.

Because stupid ideas can't be addressed with nice words.

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 09:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by madnessinmysoul
reply to post by maung

Originally posted by maung
Sometimes i dont understand why people that already have strong believe about something should bash on other belief.

Because beliefs aren't unassailable 'sacred cows'. Beliefs are merely ideas that can be stupid and I have every right to call them such.

If want a discussion why not using a nice words so wont offend other.

Because stupid ideas can't be addressed with nice words.

Your idea is stupid to me. Come on. Out of darkness we just exploded and bam the earth was created. Then nothing gave us emotions, pleasure, food, water supply ect....

and to top it off we came from monkeys without having a legit missing link, while your belief is just a theory.

that's insane to me but do I go around creating ridiculous OPs saying it's insane?

No.

because you have an inferiorty complex issue. It's a defense mechenism to somehow make you comfortable in your doubtful mind that God is false. IMO that's what it is.

Stop trying to convince us Madness.

Our God is a small God? really? I know God. He's about 20 feet tall...

How do you know he's small? beause of stupid equasions you got from science? Maybee God wanted it this way which is why we are here.

How ydo you know how Gods mind works> you don't.

you're blowing smoke as only you can do.

peace.

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 10:15 AM
link   
reply to post by madnessinmysoul

To have a lots of knowledge is great. But to be wise will be usefull in this life. If every one thinking that it is their right to say whatever they think, what will this world going to be?

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 10:19 AM
link   
This thread is closed pending staff review.

Thank you.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join