It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CNN's Fareed Zakaria says Dump the Constitution!!

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 11:49 PM
link   
Source

CNN contributor Fareed Zakaria argues that the Constitution is outdated and its principles should be “debated and fixed” to conform with the modern era. He suggests “a set of amendments to modernize the Constitution for the 21st Century.”

For all that don't know him, Zakaria is a part of the MSM and has his own show on CNN called "Fareed Zakaria GPS". He is also a well known member of the Council On Foreign Relations and a Bilderberg member. He is also on the board of the Trilateral Commission. Instead of blaming the global elite for the problems of America today, Zakaria blames the Constitution! The only moral fiber left in the U.S. Zakaria is trying to destroy the integrity of the Constitution than the NWO can control us easier. He even has the audacity to spew his BS openly on CNN.com (Link).

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 11:54 PM
link   
At 0:47 to 0:51 he says:

But as a country, if we don't do that, if we don't learn from this New World...."
I'm guessing he stopped himself short of saying New World Order.

Let me take a wild guess and say this joker doesn't have our country's best interests at heart.

However, I do agree with his point of the need to do away with the current tax code. But knowing him, he'd probably like to replace it with a tax code that is even more oppressive to the people and beneficial to Corporations.

+5 more 
posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 11:57 PM
link   
If you were watching CNN might of had five viewers.

Have you ever tried to watch this guy?

Sorry, I am not ripping up my Constitution for a guy named Fareed.

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 11:59 PM
link   
There are 27 amendments to the Constitution so nothing wrong with the idea of changing it. What bothers me is how the govt rewrites the C without going thru the amending process as outlined in the C itself. That's how abortion got legalized and why illegal kids get free k-12 at taxpayer expense.

If you want to change the constitution, AMEND IT.

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 12:00 AM
link   
To change the constitution based on the fact that its relevance to particular matters is outdated doesnt seem that ridiculous. Id be weary as what the changes to it that would be made are. Also he mentions how the tax structure is crap which is true and that political parties have their own agendas. Despite his affiliation with questionable groups, he has some merit to what he is saying. Its not like he even says what those changes should be, thats what you should identify and scrutinize not pointing out possible issues he deems need revising based on being current.

Thanks for the posting though

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 12:02 AM
link   
Thought it had already been dumped - watched your President on TV talking about finally getting (one third) of the troops out of Afghanistan and I'm sure I heard him say something about caring about the Rights and Dignity of the American Citizen - Did he really say that????

+3 more 
posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 12:11 AM
link   
I guess the Magna Carta (written 1215 ?) is outdated as well. It's just the cornerstone of democracy and the basis for the Constitutiton.

Irrelavent people like Fareed should monitor their meds more closely. The guy is insane.
edit on 23-6-2011 by beezzer because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 12:28 AM
link   
neo of ats says dump cnn and poltical shills

second says fareed get a real job.

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 12:30 AM
link   
The USA ought to be more careful who they let into their country.

People like Fareed are a threat to national security.

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 12:38 AM
link   
Fareed would like to write the constitution on an iPad with his fingers. This guy wants something he can edit and change to better serve his personal agenda and interests.

Our Founding Fathers new wise guys like Fareed would try and do this. That's why they set it up the way they did.

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 12:39 AM
link   
Interesting that Fareed does not say the same thing for Islam... I wonder why that is!

IRM

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 12:42 AM
link   
It's time to move on.

The constitution is in the past, seriously he's a doctor and he's well educated. He spent lots of money!

How could he not have our best interest at heart? He's educated!

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 12:44 AM
link   
reply to post by BlubberyConspiracy

just goes to show no matter how much people spend on education they still turn out stupid.

second thinks he needs to get a refund

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 12:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by InfaRedMan
Interesting that Fareed does not say the same thing for Islam... I wonder why that is!

Maybe for reasons like this:

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/1faed2c72386.jpg[/atsimg]

edit on 23-6-2011 by Exuberant1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 03:06 AM
link   
I'm not sure where this foreign born piece of garbage comes off making statements like that. He was obviously born into a system with less rights and enjoyed how his brothers and sisters were controlled by them, and wants to see that same control here. He can change the Constitution after fighting for the right to do so like our countries forefathers had.

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 07:30 AM
link   
Several posters have concluded that the guy's remarks about the system may be in the right direction - and all of us have a huge repugnance for his remarks about the Constitution.

It's not the Constitution that's the problem, it's all those laws, practices, procedures that seem to be developed to override or avoid Constitutional concerns. The two party system is the most blatant example easily brought to mind - it's not really a constitutional issue of any kind, yet the way the system operates has been elevated to this status in the minds of the public. The Electoral College amendment to the original constitution has already shown We The People some serious "challenges" in recent elections and is probably the strongest Constitutional support for the two-party system's continued domination. So yes, in my view there are things about the system of government that require changing - and then there are these minor Constitutional issues that could use some thought as well - that's why there's an amendment process.

Keep the Constitution. Dump all those laws that are non-conforming and overstep the bounds of the Constitution. Dump bureaucratic legions of regulatory and administrative drivel passed by congress every year.
Change the system, dump the B***S*** and get back to a Constitutionally valid government operation. Then maybe consider a few tweaks to update some processes - methinks if the system returned to function within constitutional bounds, there wouldn't be much to tweak.

ganjoa

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 08:27 AM
link   
Fareed Zakaria is a NWO puppet doing the bidding of his masters and serving the interests of a global agenda. What makes Fareed Zakaria more of a joke in this regard is that he himself is being used to foster anti-Muslim attitudes against someone who sounds middle eastern and someone who opposes the founding document of what America was started with.

It makes sense to me for the evil elite to have a shill front Muslim looking type person and of course shill media partners doing this type of anti Constitution cheer-leading.

Fareed Zakaria is a disposable human to the NWO elite and they will sacrifice him just as quick to the raging masses and expose him to anti-Muslim anger in hopes of using that directed public anger and any violence that happens to him as a tool to foster more division and religious hatred among the masses and religious types.

Once you begin to see that even Muslims want to pull up to the buffet table of the NWO elites, it is no longer about religion, but about greed, power and association with those that can benefit your own agenda and future career under their watchful eye and assistance.

Without the elite placing front men like Fareed Zakaria in our faces to anger us, we would quickly learn that it is corrupt politicians and the power and influence that they possess that is our American problem. Blaming the Constitution for our problems or seeking to amend it when it does not need it, just speaks of the never ending efforts of some groups to undermine America at all costs in order to protect their corrupt empires and fiefdoms that they have gotten accustomed to.

I say let's begin to do away with all government corruption, because from the State level to the Federal level, it is corruption and big business crime that has undermined our way of life. Our Constitution could remedy many existing social and governmental issues, but it is the "Corruption" that plagues the Constitution and not the other way around.

Fareed Zakaria is a globalist puppet on a string and listening to what he says is in my opinion a complete waste of electricity and time.

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 09:25 AM
link   
Dump CNN.

Quit watching it. You're wasting your time.

The day they try to ditch the Constitution is when 10,000 Killdozer's and tens of millions of Christian Jihadists storm the Globalists.

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 09:44 AM
link   
Fareed Zakaria, fails to see the fallacy of his comments, as so many would do, till after the facts. Hindsight is often the leading point of regret. While his words are spoken from what he perceives, he yet fails to understand that just cause the government is a young one, and a young country, when compared to the rest of the world, it has managed to successfully navigate the entire political and world on a skiff made of paper, rather than on the traditions of the past. Take a look at other countries, and ask, they have been around for years, and years, yet have they faired any better than the US?
While many people will debate and discuss, ask and question, the entire point is, that they can do such without fear of reprisal or legal problems. He sees the Constitution as being outdated, yet fails to see, that in older countries, from say Europe, Africa, or even Asia, to do what he is doing would get him into trouble with the local authorities. Even his home country of India, it has more social problems than the USA, yet he would look and say its government is far better? Like all modern governments, it too has strayed away from the intention of its founders and people who moved to try to make their country better, willing to set sail in a choppy sea, in a skiff made of paper. And this one document, this particular piece of paper that defines the very foundation of the laws of the land, and how the government is to be ran, one of 2 documents that were written over 200 hundred years ago, people fail to realize, that those 2 documents, have served as a beacon and a weapon far greater than any other around the world. While the US may be a young country, and its congress gets replaced or voted on once every 2 years, it is a unique institution, that allows for its people to have one voice and one means of making stating what they do and do not like. No other country, has done that, no other country these days have the very protections, for both those that they like and dislike. He perhaps needs to take a look back at his own country to see how that social caste thing is working out for him, where people who would be considered undesirable are treated, and then think about how he has fared, and maybe he will see the wisdom, that while the system is not perfect, it would be prudent to back it up, cause no one has all of the answers, and no matter where you go, there are always problems that you have to deal with.

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 10:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer
I guess the Magna Carta (written 1215 ?) is outdated as well. It's just the cornerstone of democracy and the basis for the Constitutiton.

Irrelavent people like Fareed should monitor their meds more closely. The guy is insane.
edit on 23-6-2011 by beezzer because: (no reason given)

Erm.... yes it is:

No widow shall be compelled to marry, so long as she wishes to remain without a husband. But she must give security that she will not marry without royal consent, if she holds her lands of the Crown, or without the consent of whatever other lord she may hold them of.

or how about:

All evil customs relating to forests and warrens, foresters, warreners, sheriffs and their servants, or river-banks and their wardens, are at once to be investigated in every county by twelve sworn knights of the county, and within forty days of their enquiry the evil customs are to be abolished completely and irrevocably. But we, or our chief justice if we are not in England, are first to be informed.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join