It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

We must stand firm for Our right to record Our own perspective

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 11:09 PM
link   

There are a lot of incidents where police have gotten uppity about being recorded on duty. (Latest thread is this one, I believe: www.abovetopsecret.com... ) These public servants seem to be unaware that Consciousness has a right to record Its every perspective.

Any “laws” against this right would be taking away the technology age’s contribution to life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness.

We each of Us have this right, as a Personal Witness.

If They can watch Us, We can watch Them. Anything else is fascist.

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 11:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Amaterasu

There are a lot of incidents where police have gotten uppity about being recorded on duty. (Latest thread is this one, I believe: www.abovetopsecret.com... ) These public servants seem to be unaware that Consciousness has a right to record Its every perspective.

Any “laws” against this right would be taking away the technology age’s contribution to life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness.

We each of Us have this right, as a Personal Witness.

I really think that this is an important observation. Recording a public servant on public or personal property if you believe they are committing a crime is not only a right but our duty as citizens.
Any officer destroying such footage is guilty of destroying evidence.

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 11:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Amaterasu

Welcome to America dude, we have that great double standard that allows law enforcement officers to do practically whatever they want and justify it because they wear matching uniforms and carry guns. And not to de-rail the thread, but didn't Bush pass a law that basically said he could do whatever he wanted, wherever he wanted, and be above the law?

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 11:45 PM
link   
Technicly you can.They can pass as much legistlation as they like.Legistlation such,as act's and statutes.However act's and statute's are not law's.If they quote one as law,caution them that to quote one as a law is fraud and state that you will charge them with such.Claim your recording is your affidavitt.

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 11:47 PM
link   
Agreed.

I noticed a change in attitudes from the Police here in Oz in the late 70's, particularly in Queensland when they got the right to carry side arms.. then we saw abuse really starting to kick in... and I was one of the first to get a kicking while having a pistol pointed at me when I was 17.

This was the first salvo in Militarizing what was a Public Service. To continue this militarization the legal terminology used for the Police Service had to change, and so it did when it was legally called The Police Force.

As a Force, they were no longer Public Servants, but instead became a separate arm of Control used to fight a War against Criminal activity. Hence why everyone now is treated as a Criminal until proof is offered to show you are not.

There are no Public Servants in the Police anymore, they are a Breed apart from the population which is why they consider the Life of a Police Officer to be more valuable than any other member of the population.

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 11:54 PM
link   
I believe in the power of a "citizen's arrest", and I believe that we should start invoking that right!

Here is a "cute" video on the subject! Although it doesn't specify arresting a police officer I bet it can be done if done properly!

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 08:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by Shirak
I really think that this is an important observation. Recording a public servant on public or personal property if you believe they are committing a crime is not only a right but our duty as citizens.
Any officer destroying such footage is guilty of destroying evidence.

Yes. I concur completely. The idea of Personal Witness is developed in My novella, a science "fiction" story entitled The Abundance Paradigm. It's free here on ATS:

media.abovetopsecret.com...

As Conscious Beings, it is Our right to record Our perspective.

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 08:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by TupacShakur

Welcome to America dude, we have that great double standard that allows law enforcement officers to do practically whatever they want and justify it because they wear matching uniforms and carry guns. And not to de-rail the thread, but didn't Bush pass a law that basically said he could do whatever he wanted, wherever he wanted, and be above the law?

While this is presently true, I believe We can affect change. I believe We can rally together and demand Our rights. And, Bush basically did. But if ALL of Us refuse to aid and abet any unconstitutional orders, what's a POTUS to do? One Human can hardly force everyOne else to Hume's will ("Hume" being a genderless pronoun for any of the Human race).

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 08:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by 13th Zodiac
Technicly you can.They can pass as much legistlation as they like.Legistlation such,as act's and statutes.However act's and statute's are not law's.If they quote one as law,caution them that to quote one as a law is fraud and state that you will charge them with such.Claim your recording is your affidavitt.

In fact... There are only three Laws:

Do not willfully hurt or kill another Being

Do not willfully take or damage another Being's property

Do not willfully defraud another Being

All else are statutes, edicts, codes, declarations, constitutions, acts, decrees, mandates, and so on. And I do like the suggestion of claiming One's recording to be Their affidavit! Thanks!

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 08:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by Tayesin
This was the first salvo in Militarizing what was a Public Service. To continue this militarization the legal terminology used for the Police Service had to change, and so it did when it was legally called The Police Force.

As a Force, they were no longer Public Servants, but instead became a separate arm of Control used to fight a War against Criminal activity. Hence why everyone now is treated as a Criminal until proof is offered to show you are not.

There are no Public Servants in the Police anymore, they are a Breed apart from the population which is why they consider the Life of a Police Officer to be more valuable than any other member of the population.

Sad, really, since the life of a citizen is supposed to be the higher value - that is what the police person was ostensibly hired to protect...as a servant. But if enough of Us demand the service We are paying for, perhaps We can change things.

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 08:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by Greensage
I believe in the power of a "citizen's arrest", and I believe that we should start invoking that right!

Here is a "cute" video on the subject! Although it doesn't specify arresting a police officer I bet it can be done if done properly!

Awesome vid! Thanks for bringing it to Our attention! Yes, Citizens have power. They don't TELL Us We have power - We must learn from youtube these days - but We surely do.

And yes, if a police person has broken the code/act/whatever, a Citizen should be able to arrest Hume. Unless Hume has a gun and is willing to use it. Then things might become problematic.

Thanks!

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 09:11 AM
link   

I admire your optimism, but I don't think we can change what's coming. What are you as a concerned American citizen doing to promote change? How are you standing up for your rights? Me, I do absolutely nothing, I come on the internet and complain while our rights get taken away one by one. What CAN I do? Just get up, go to the White House, and start protesting? Not pay taxes? E-mail my districts congressman? I don't even know where to begin to prevent our rights from being taken away, self-righteous politicians practically see themselves as a superior race to the ordinary peasants who fund them, so it's not like I can get a few people together to have a sit-down conversation with Congressman/Senators/Politicians.
edit on 23-6-2011 by TupacShakur because: To edit my post

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 11:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by TupacShakur

I admire your optimism, but I don't think we can change what's coming. What are you as a concerned American citizen doing to promote change? How are you standing up for your rights? Me, I do absolutely nothing, I come on the internet and complain while our rights get taken away one by one. What CAN I do? Just get up, go to the White House, and start protesting? Not pay taxes? E-mail my districts congressman? I don't even know where to begin to prevent our rights from being taken away, self-righteous politicians practically see themselves as a superior race to the ordinary peasants who fund them, so it's not like I can get a few people together to have a sit-down conversation with Congressman/Senators/Politicians.

Well, yeah. Email People. Be that "pest," is always the best with power to wrest. [smile] It's pretty easy to find out who You should be pestering:

writerep.house.gov...

www.contactingthecongress.org...

Your voice, if it comes in numbers IS heard. If We start taking this small action, They will be swayed. How much and in what way We can hope will base itself in Ethics. Let's encourage that. [smile]

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 04:16 PM
link   
Citizen's arrest is a bit of a grey area,and it does contain loopholes that can be used against you.I was trained in this during my security licencing (Australian spelling).The best option is to detain on disturbing the peace,it is more air tight to law suits.You know what I would like to see? Well we have all seen the increase in thuggish police behaviour right ? I would like to see a citizen arrest a police officer ! That would be hysterical.There is no reason why you can't and I would be more than happy to give it ago.Remember they too are not above the law.

top topics

join