It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Collection of Footage From Space of U.F.O's

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 03:34 PM
link   
Was going through my utube archives and came across these old videos and thought i would share with ATS
most of you will probably have seen most of them. These are pictures classified as U.F.O = Unidentified . Flying. Objects . some can be explained by space debris, dust, faked and whatever else, but a few i saw made me look a few times and wonder WTF was that. Alien or not it goes to show that theres alot us humans still have to learn, i hope everyone enjoys these for what they are. U.F.O

[yvidyHefKzAukwM[/yvid]

edit on 22/6/11 by ronishia because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 03:46 PM
link   
3....2....1... Enter Jim Oberg

Some more objects from your last video ...STS-115

Google Video Link

edit on 22-6-2011 by gortex because: Edit to add

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 04:05 PM
link   
reply to post by gortex

Yup, the "STS-115" video is a blatant hoax.
The audio is from STS-115 discussing debris.
spaceflightnow.com...

The video is of a satellite launched from STS-51G
The deployment is visible here, at about 3:20

edit on 6/22/2011 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 04:19 PM
link   
reply to post by ronishia

I am surprised you didn't add this one from STS-80 , in my opinion its the stand out video of all the NASA footage .

At least until Phage shatters my illusions and gives a credible explanation

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 04:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by gortex

I am surprised you didn't add this one from STS-80 , in my opinion its the stand out video of all the NASA footage . At least until Phage shatters my illusions and gives a credible explanation

Why rely on Phage? How about -- now this may be a weird idea, but think seriously about it -- asking somebody who was actually there, like astronaut tom jones?

skywalking1.wordpress.com...

Great minds do work in sync, I was considering doing a 'top ten space shuttle UFO freak-outs' for an end-of-shuttle-program summation. But how can we keep it at such a manageable small number?

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 04:40 PM
link   
reply to post by JimOberg

**in a Bond villain voice**
Ahhh ... Mr Oberg ..... I was expecting you

Thanks for the link , I will check it out

Edit

Sorry Jim , I don't believe the video I posted above your comment is showing ice crystals , the others more than likely but that one .....Nah .
edit on 22-6-2011 by gortex because: Edit to add

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 04:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by gortex

I am surprised you didn't add this one from STS-80 , in my opinion its the stand out video of all the NASA footage .

At least until Phage shatters my illusions and gives a credible explanation

Yeah, I second that emotion. Or Mr. Oberg for that matter. Phage, however, ahem, is generally more convincing in his assertions.

Not that I don't think there might be a more prosaic answer for it, but that right there is some video that begs to be explained por favor.

EDIT - Oops. Nevermind. Good link from Mr. Oberg mebbe? : skywalking1.wordpress.com...
edit on 22-6-2011 by The GUT because: duh me

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 04:49 PM
link   
I have always liked the STS-80 mission where the objects come behind the shuttle and form a circle with a final UFO in the middle and they light up! Space debris or ice particles my azz.

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 04:59 PM
link   
I thought Jim Oberg's explanation of STS-80 here was very straight forward.

www.realufos.net...

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 05:09 PM
link   
reply to post by gortex

3....2....1... Enter Jim Oberg

Yea you can't summons Jim he wont show just to spite you lol.

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 06:16 PM
link   
Story Musgrave was also on that mission, maybe somebody can ask him about it when he speaks at the MUFON convention next month.

Here's our exchange about the case.

Dr. Story Musgrave
Email from Jim Oberg // Sent: Thursday, March 19, 2009 5:00 PM
Subject: Oberg's solution to your STS-80 'UFO' video
Dear Story --
…it was great seeing you in Florida, and the Baykonur leg was fantastic…
Here's a piece of 'old business' -- the kinds of questions that keep coming up about 'dancing dots' on PLB videos on night passes (and at sunrise) over the years. One spectacular sequence was shown to you on a TV program, they ambushed you without providing context such as illumination conditions and even crew activities, and you answered graciously and candidly but were never given the keys to the full explanation (probably their intent from the beginning).
I wrote up a technical assessment of the video (and of a number of other famous 'UFO videos') showing they were nearby sunlit debris looking 'unearthy' (like you'd expect away from Earth). I'm linking to it below, for your use, and I'd hope you could give me your appraisal of how close I came to fully explaining it.
There are hundreds of thousands of kids out there seeing youtube videos of UFOs buzzing space shuttle missions. It's not just the UFO buffs anymore, it's much more widespread and it's impacting the attitudes of a lot of pro-space young people. I want to get more rational, prosaic explanations onto my website to offer a counter to this silliness. Can you help with quotable encouragement and other insights?
Thanks!

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 06:57 PM
link   
And what does that prove, Jim? If there is a cover up that Story is sticking to the PR line? Or that Story really has that opinion? What it doesn't prove is whether or not there has been a cover up...

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 08:02 PM
link   
In some of these videos these "Space crafts" could of easily been edited in or a asteroid.Other than those videos some of the footage is amazing!

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 08:32 PM
link   
I'd be willing to bet a cool nickle that the tether incident is a bunch of out-of-focus dust particles that are reflecting light.

I've seen something very similar through my telescope before.

EDIT: btw, thanks for posting those vids. Those oldies-but-goodies are always fun to watch

edit on 22-6-2011 by EthanT because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 08:55 PM
link   
That is some mind blowing footage...

I enjoyed every minute...and I expect I will somehow try and convince myself that there is an explanation that does not involve other intelligent life in this universe...

As for now though...my best logic is failing me miserably.

Very good stuff...S&F for waking me up a little more!

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 04:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by Phage
reply to post by gortex

spaceflightnow.com...

A Big LOL!

Lies, as usual, from NASA....

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 05:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by Arken

reply to post by gortex

spaceflightnow.com...

A Big LOL!

The last video he posted does seem a bit dodgy, and it does seem that the crew are talking about a completly different object than the object we are seeing. If we want people to take this subject seriously, then we need to call out a hoax when we see it.

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 11:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by Arken

reply to post by gortex

spaceflightnow.com...

A Big LOL!

Notice how a skeptic will point out one video but keep mute about everything else. I would like to hear some good debunking on those other videos as well.

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 11:28 AM
link   
reply to post by BIGPoJo

Look around. Every one of them has been thoroughly discussed.
I pointed out the hoax video because it is a hoax.

edit on 6/23/2011 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 11:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by BIGPoJo
Notice how a skeptic will point out one video but keep mute about everything else. I would like to hear some good debunking on those other videos as well.

Well, not exactly. Your attitude seems to be, "Don't look TOO closely at ANY of these videos", sort of,
"Pay no attention to the green men behind the curtain" or something.

It's a typical response of an evidence-fearful wanna-believer, that whenever a particular case he loves is threatened, he runs away pointing somewhere else.

To truly understand what might be happening in these videos you have to know the illumination conditions and what was going on aboard the shuttle at that time. To prevent this understanding, most youtube posters OMIT this critical information, and then brag that the case "has never been explained".

The most notorious video is the STS-48 zig-zagger, and it took a lot of research to determine the context -- from which a prosaic explanation emerged. If anybody really wanted to understand these videos they would need to examine that detailed research, and then explain why it was not persuasive in that case -- before running off and demanding a skeptical investigator (that is, an honest one) do the same 'heavy lifting' for every OTHER video, to produce explanations that the eager-believer will then run away from, as well.

STS-48 case, the most famous. Jack Kasher's "five proofs". Delayed broadcast. All the big angles to this phenomenon of 'space UFOs'. You up to that?

top topics

<<   2 >>

join