It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Beautiful Lessons Found in our Favorite Hymns and Gospel Music

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 11:04 PM
link   
reply to post by AshleyD

That is a very cute song. The tempo took me back to my childhood for sure.Lol It reminded me of the harmonies of groups like the Statler Brothers and the Oak Ridge Boy - groups my parents listened to.

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 11:06 PM
link   
reply to post by NOTurTypical

Oh my gosh. That was so beautiful! Great rendition. I found myself singing along to it (which is never pretty lol). A great classic for sure. I just LOVE those old church hymns.

And the verse is the one about the false Christians being paraded as trophies as if they're what Christianity represents.

ETA:

It reminded me of the harmonies of groups like the Statler Brothers...

Yes, exactly! LOL!
edit on 6/22/2011 by AshleyD because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 11:35 PM
link   
reply to post by AshleyD

Oh my gosh. That was so beautiful! Great rendition.

it's my personal opinion, but I think Carrie's rendition is the most beautiful and passionate I've ever heard.

And the verse is the one about the false Christians being paraded as trophies as if they're what Christianity represents.

Ooooh, okay that one. Satan is the accuser of the brethren, (Rev 12:10) and a HUGE portion of his prosecution is in the court of public opinion. The "prize" is trying to keep the lost from running to the cross to enter a covenant with Jesus.

edit on 22-6-2011 by NOTurTypical because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 11:41 PM
link   
This one is so special to me too. I love live renditions when the band/singer go silent and you hear the chorus of thousands of voices praising God with the worship of their lips. It's breathtaking. I envision millions along with the host of angels singing these songs to Him personally in heaven. It will be the greatest concert in the universe, and it will never end. You know that feeling when your favorite concert is over??

It won't be that way in heaven, and His glory will fill us all and we'll sing all these songs and dance for Him on streets of gold. I know there is much work to do here, but MAN I want to be there now!!! We're aliens here, I want to be home!!!

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 11:43 PM
link   
It's hard to find really nice threads such as this one, I would like to post some too. Thanks for the thread AshleyD .

S and F.

Be prepared to cry alot, but know God is always there even through this.

Building 429 - Always Lyrics (subtitle)

The line "He would have been free today, should read three today" His father kills him in a fit of rage. Because he was mad at his mother. This is a true story heaven forbid.

edit on 23-6-2011 by DaphneApollo because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 11:51 PM
link   
Last but CERTAINLY NOT least! Brooke Fraser of United singing "Hosanna". This is special to me is because that's what the crowds were singing to Jesus on Palm Sunday when He made his triumphal entry into Jerusalem at the Eastern gate. The ONLY time He allowed Himself to be presented as King of Kings during His earthly ministry.

But not last time, and as the opening lines go, we will see Him coming on the clouds with fire as KING. Hosanna to the King!

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 11:53 PM
link   
reply to post by DaphneApollo

Isn't it though, this thread is such a tremendous blessing! And it's been completely peaceful.

I wish I could give it more stars and flags!

Thank you for this Ashley, many people will be touched by this, I sure am.

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 12:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by NOTurTypical

Isn't it though, this thread is such a tremendous blessing! And it's been completely peaceful.

I wish I could give it more stars and flags!

Thank you for this Ashley, many people will be touched by this, I sure am.

We need more threads like this, it sure is uplifting. I will look for more vids to lift spirits to God. I wish I could give more stars and flags too. Blessings to you NOTurTypical.

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 12:16 AM
link   
He's Alive- Dolly Parton-Lyrics

Lift up His Name.

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 12:17 AM
link   

I hope this become a staging area for many pages of songs and I'll be sure to add more as I find more.

God Bless you also.

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 12:24 AM
link   

That is a very sweet song. Around the 3:20 mark, it reminded me of the poem Footprints in the Sand and how Jesus carries us in times of trouble.

Thanks so much for sharing.

reply to post by NOTurTypical

Thanks for finding that verse for me! Also I love the songs your submitting. I'm not that great with contemporary songs so you're great at sharing what I don't know much about. LOL!

Here is one I'm actually mad at myself for forgetting. I don't know when it was originally composed but it was huge when I was a child. It's hard for me to listen to without tearing up:

ETA: And I'm so glad you guys are enjoying this thread! I am, too, and will probably bump it with songs as I come across them. lol We all need a little spirit boost every now and then.
edit on 6/23/2011 by AshleyD because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 12:30 AM
link   
reply to post by AshleyD

AshleyD , how are you replying to two posts like the one above mine? Just don't know how to do it. Daphne.

Edit to add: That was a beautiful song , I've never heard that one. Via Dolorosa.

Thanks for the tutorial. I'll have to try that sometime.
edit on 23-6-2011 by DaphneApollo because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 12:33 AM
link   
Multi tabs.

Hit 'reply to' to one post like you normally would. Then for another post, right click and hit 'open in new tab' for the 'reply to' tab.

Then just copy and paste the code into your first window and you can reply to two posts from different members.

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 01:00 AM
link   
Thanks AshleyD for the tutorial.

Grace Like Rain - Todd Agnew

Strong Tower (Kutless)

edit on 23-6-2011 by DaphneApollo because: to add another uplifting song, Praise the Lord!

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 11:42 PM
link   
reply to post by AshleyD

Hi there Ashley

Here is one I found a few years back that really impressed me as a musician, that I passed along to a very close friend when she was going through a very high stress period. She tells me that even to this day, it's calming and grounding effect is amazing and that she often plays it just for fun.

I hope you all find it as enjoyable as we did.

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 03:39 PM
link   
reply to post by AshleyD

I mostly prefer secular music, but I do have a Christian folder on my mp3 player, with a few tracks that I really like…

Here are just a few…

The Glory Forever - Dolly Parton

Oh The Glory Of It All - David Crowder

Treasure - Iona

- JC

top topics

<< 1   >>

join