It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Could It Be? Spooky Experiments That 'See' The Future

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 09:14 AM
link   
I found this article that says it.
I find it hard to believe

If it it were it would put the fortune tellers out of biz

Or is it what they are using with out their knowledge

Later today you are going to do something, something you don't know about yet.

Yet somehow, it's already happened. Somehow, it's already affected you.

Huh?

One of the most respected, senior and widely published professors of psychology, Daryl Bem of Cornell, has just published an article that suggests that people — ordinary people — can be altered by experiences they haven't had yet. Time, he suggests, is leaking. The Future has slipped, unannounced, into the Present. And he thinks he can prove it.

Now before you start i know you are going to read the article, it has already happend..
or has it

It's not like we've never thought about this before. In his paper Bem recalls that in "Through the Looking Glass," the White Queen casually mentions to Alice that in her realm, "memory works both ways."

Not only does the Queen remember past events, she can also remember "things that happened the week after next."

Alice, always puzzled, says "I'm sure mine only works one way...I can't remember things before they happen." The Queen seems a little sorry for Alice. "It's a poor sort of memory that only works backwards," she says.

In a year or so, Bem coolly suggests, we may have to agree with the Queen.

www.npr.org...

So is this a skunk or is this a flower, can we see the futur

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 09:20 AM
link   
Time doesn't exist, clocks exist.

Everything is "the present" and everything is happening all at once. I can agree with this theory, I have some abilities with future visions but it's like threads that are changing all the time. The future is several variable possibilities and tapping into that can be a way of manipulating the present.

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 09:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by mkkkay
I found this article that says it.
I find it hard to believe

If it it were it would put the fortune tellers out of biz

Or is it what they are using with out their knowledge

Later today you are going to do something, something you don't know about yet.

Yet somehow, it's already happened. Somehow, it's already affected you.

Huh?

One of the most respected, senior and widely published professors of psychology, Daryl Bem of Cornell, has just published an article that suggests that people — ordinary people — can be altered by experiences they haven't had yet. Time, he suggests, is leaking. The Future has slipped, unannounced, into the Present. And he thinks he can prove it.

Now before you start i know you are going to read the article, it has already happend..
or has it

It's not like we've never thought about this before. In his paper Bem recalls that in "Through the Looking Glass," the White Queen casually mentions to Alice that in her realm, "memory works both ways."

Not only does the Queen remember past events, she can also remember "things that happened the week after next."

Alice, always puzzled, says "I'm sure mine only works one way...I can't remember things before they happen." The Queen seems a little sorry for Alice. "It's a poor sort of memory that only works backwards," she says.

In a year or so, Bem coolly suggests, we may have to agree with the Queen.

www.npr.org...

So is this a skunk or is this a flower, can we see the futur

Under classical physics (Newton, Einstein, Boltzman, et al) if you know the microstate of every particle, the future can be seen, or predicted. However, if you move into quantum mechanics, it becomes quickly apparent, if Heisenberg is right, that it is impossible to observe the precise microstate (position and velocity/momentum) of ant particle with absolute accuracy. So it appears that Schrodinger's cat has morphed into a skunk. Of course, if you use Hawking's notion of "imaginary time," all bets are off. Or you could choose to use Feynman's "sum of all histories" where if it can happen, it will.
I would highly recommend getting a copy of the book, "From Eternity to Here" for an exhaustive treatment of the arrow of time. After all, the Mad Queen did feel the pain of the finger prick before it happened. Go ask Alice.

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 09:46 AM
link   
I think the only thing I can predict about my future is that I will suck.

Strangely enough, most of the time I'm right.
edit on 22-6-2011 by jonnywhite because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 09:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by jonnywhite
I think the only thing I can predict about my future is that I will suck.

Strangely enough, most of the time I'm right.
edit on 22-6-2011 by jonnywhite because: (no reason given)

I think i can, i think i can, i think i can...

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 09:56 AM
link   
Time is that which reveals the future that is already happening. Whether it be 5 minutes from now or 100 years from now, time is what carries our perceptions to perceive what happens now. The future past and present exist now. Time is the progression of our perceptions towards the future.

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 10:07 AM
link   
I've read the article. Well...

In my opinion the Doctor did run some tests that certainly had nothing to do with Time. It's more a matter of pre-conditioned students (1st test) and retentive memory (2nd).

The worst thing is that I feel he knew that IN ADVANCE, but that was not The Future Whispering in His Ear either.

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 10:18 AM
link   
Everything is happening at once and everything has already happened. It appears there are new experiences for you because you have become embroiled in the details. Actually everything that can happen, happened at the "big bang". There is no time it is just how 3rd density beings create/perceive their linear universe. I know this is a tough one to swallow while you are still 3rd density but I do think it is fact.

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 12:28 PM
link   
This is an interesting topic. I watched a program (which I don't remember the name of) that broached the subject of "Heaven" and what happens at death. One theory is based off a chemical in our bodies that gives us this relativity of time. We can control this chemical to a certain point, so that boxers and martial artists can "slow time" and react to things that others can't seem to react to as quickly.

That being said, there is a theory that upon death, and massive amount of this chemical is released, giving the dying person and "eternity" in the last fraction of a second. As their brain shuts down, they experience a euphoric sensation, that lasts forever, and all their thoughts/memories/dreams/etc. can come to fruition. To the living, it's only a split second, but to the dying person, it's "forever". Perhaps, the whole "everything has happened already" is a half-truth, in that it all matters how much of this chemical is in our brains.

Time travel is always something that opens the door to all kinds of things. UFO's for example. Maybe they are just elementary students coming back in time to observe the "past" world, as part of a history field trip. Maybe what crashed at Roswell truly was an "alien" (different) craft, and maybe there were bodies. Perhaps they pulled the bodies and saw the "stars and stripes" on one shoulder and "USAF" on the other. Test pilots from the future, who's craft had malfunctioned. The possibilities are endless!

As for me seeing the future, I can do that quite well, from a practical standpoint. If I point a gun at my leg, I can tell the that my future will involve the hospital, if I pull the trigger. That's a very simple explanation, but it makes the point. Other views into the "future" could simply be "intuition". If I could truly tell the future, I'd go put a thousand dollars down on the 2012 sports winners, and I would have taken the penalty and cashed in my 401k prior to the stock market crash a few years ago.

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 12:47 PM
link   
Maybe a little spooky but it's certainly not a new idea. J.W. Dunne covered much of the same ground in "An Experiment With Time", (published in 1927) and his approach has the advantage that the experiments require no clever equipment - you can do the experiments yourself today.

Of course, if either of them are right there could be an interesting technical debate about who discovered the effect "first".

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 01:14 PM
link   
I've read about that word remembering experiment. My question is - what if I play the Powerball Lottery - guess my own numbers, but memorize the winning numbers perfectly AFTERWARD?

I wonder if that would increase my chances of winning!?

I'll start with 10 numbers this week and report back the results to ATS :-)

edit on 22-6-2011 by Cryptonomicon because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 05:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by JibbyJedi
Time doesn't exist, clocks exist.

Everything is "the present" and everything is happening all at once. I can agree with this theory, I have some abilities with future visions but it's like threads that are changing all the time. The future is several variable possibilities and tapping into that can be a way of manipulating the present.

oh my goodness!

I don't know if you did research on it and by that I mean, new research as in you did it yourself not read it. Or if you read it and understand what others say. I'm just glad you said it, I would have had to been the one to say it. I'm glad i'm not the only one who knows time doesn't exist and everyone else can't seem to even grasp the existence of time, they just take it as a fact like its there without even knowing the truth that its not.

top topics

join