It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Alternatives to the Big Brands

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 08:23 AM
link   
I for one am sick of supporting the big brands, that have become corrupt and rather than appreciate us for buying their products and services, they treat us like complete crap and take what they can from us and give us as little as they can get away with in return.

Shopping locally in non-(multi)national chains is a good place to start. And when you do have to go to supermarkets then buying ethically produced (Fair Trade, environmentally friendly, etc) products means less suffering.

So, what are some viable alternatives to banking? I am trying to find an ethical bank, preferably non-profit making, yet I run into a brick wall. There is one called Charity Bank but they only offer savings accounts - I need a current account. Does anyone have any ideas?

Any other suggestions to "sticking it to the man" by not buying their products/services would be welcome.

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 12:46 PM
link   
Look at your needs and decide if you even need a bank account. I realize alot of people have them for the benefit of a debit card and check writing. I went bank free about a year ago and use cash only for all my transactions, that will intensify your need to buy locally. For things I can't use cash for, paying for a money order is cheaper than all of the banks fees.

new topics

join