It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Taxi crash sparks 'miracle'

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 05:47 AM
link   
I believe this belongs under the topic of Medical Issue (and not a conspiracy). Please advise if you feel it belongs elsewhere.

Nevertheless, a 7 year old visually impaired boy was recently struck by a taxi. Suddenly his vision has improved dramatically, and without proper medical explanation. Of course the doctors are claiming it was a result of their treatment (it is not stated what the treatment was):

The seven-year-old Gerhard van der Merwe was almost blind in his right eye until being hit two weeks ago by a taxi outside his parents' house in Potchefstroom, North West, his mother, Gretha van der Merwe, was quoted as saying.

The boy has been wearing glasses since the age of nine months after being born with a visual impairment.

"He could barely distinguish light and dark with his right eye," said Van der Merwe.

While recovering in hospital the boy claimed he could suddenly see:

"In hospital he kept saying to us, he can see. His right eye was swollen so I thought he meant that the swelling was going down. But he kept saying it."

She said she took him to an eye doctor and he could suddenly read "from the biggest letter to the smallest letter on the eye chart".

link

One point of that remains a little vague for me is how the boy knew how to read in the first place, if all he could see before were shadows.

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 05:59 AM
link   
His right eye was impaired ..apparently his left was fine thus he could read..The swelling must have corrected it

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 06:39 AM
link   
reply to post by granpabobby

true, i missed that. thanks.

I wonder what the medical explanation could be for an accident that corrects vision though. Surely there are people with similar disabilities - a study of what caused his vision to be repaired could open doors to a new type of treatment (no, this does not involve putting vision impaired people in harms way)

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 06:47 AM
link   
reply to post by deltaalphanovember

The brain is amazing eh ...

I have heard a few similar stories in years gone by .. where a bump to the head for example, restores brain function that had been impaired from birth or previous accident .... amnesia amongst others for eg

Whilst doing a quick search for any stories ive come across, i found this one i hadnt heard before .. similar to your OT

Sight has returned to the once-blind left eye of a 74-year-old woman after she accidentally hit a protruding door latch.

Xu Yulian, who lives with her husband in Wuhan, Hubei Province went mysteriously blind in the eye 46 years ago after giving birth to her second son. "I was walking to a pond to wash his diapers and it became dim and then I could see nothing from it," she recalled.

She said she never sought medical help because she is afraid of hospitals. Things went from bad to worse in January 2009 when she went blind in her right eye. But recently she bumped the left eye into the latch while groping to go outside to dry some damp quilts. "It was painful," she said, "but I thought nothing of it."

A week later, though, she noticed that she could see again from the eye and it was confirmed when her husband tested her by holding up three fingers and asking her how many fingers she saw. "Three," she replied.

hubei.chinadaily.com.cn...

edit on 22-6-2011 by Segenam because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 06:59 AM
link   
Well it depends on the cause of his impaired vision.

If he had a problem with the way the eye focused, or something was out of place for whatever reason, the swelling may have adjusted it to a functional state.

Not so much a miracle, or the brain.

Still, interesting that there may be remedies for problems like this that people may not consider.

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 07:32 AM
link   
Maybe our parents were right after all - my dad always wanted to knock some sense into me. Perhaps politicians should undergo this treatment if they make a stupid mistake - they dont seem to learn otherwise.

edit on 22/6/2011 by deltaalphanovember because: spelling

top topics

join