It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Urban Legend, Gary Numan built and crashed a UFO?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 12:12 AM
link   
Well not a UFO because it wouldn't be unknown, would it...
The story went that Gary Numan built a flying disc, flew it, and crashed into someone's back yard.
Does ANYONE remember hearing this or have ANY information supporting OR debunking this?

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 12:18 AM
link   
I don't know. I have never heard of Gary Numan.

Could you provide us with a video of him, or maybe a link of any of his work/claims?

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 12:26 AM
link   

That Gary Neumann?

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 12:35 AM
link   
He crashed, but it wasn't a UFO:

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 12:43 AM
link   
Great.
Now I need to dig out my 80s collection.

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 12:43 AM
link   
seems like gary is just a UFO fanboy, maybe this excerpt explains how this story may have started.

gary's being a ufo head + plane crash = urban myth

or considering he is a music artist, i'd call it publicity stunt.

FT: On your first two single releases with Tubeway Army – before you were known as Gary Numan – you used the pseudonym 'Valerian' and drummer Jess Lidyard was 'Rael'. Could you tell us more about this choice of names, or the –'spaceman' image you created?

Gary Numan: I used to drive by a building in West London that had ‘Valerian’ written on it and I thought it had a nice ring to it. I didn't realise it was a flowering herb until later. That name and the 'spaceman' image are just two of the many embarrassing things that come back to haunt me from time to time. I was, and still am, very interested in stories about people that have been, or claim to have been, abducted by aliens. I'm not the sci-fi fan that I used to be, but I still find all that stuff fascinating.

webcache.googleusercontent.com...:www.forteantimes.com...

FT: There are many documented cases of pilots reporting sightings of UFOs, or at least things they couldn't explain. You were once a very active pilot... in all your years of flying, did you ever see anything that, whether you're sceptical or not about such things, remains hard to explain?

GN: Nothing at all, I'm sad to say. I wish I had. The most alarming thing that happened to me in the air was when I had bits fall off an aeroplane I was flying upside down, which certainly came as a surprise. I've also had them catch fire, break down, and scare the # out of me on more than one occasion, but nothing of an alien or supernatural nature. I did see something that I have never been able to explain when I was driving home from the studio one night – a large light in the shape of an upside down pyramid focused at a point on the road near me. I also saw a ghost once, so I am completely open to the existence of such things, both alien and supernatural.

edit on 22/6/11 by AnotherYOU because: (no reason given)

maybe gary dressed up a plane like a ufo, hence why it crashed.

edit on 22/6/11 by AnotherYOU because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 12:45 PM
link   
reply to post by dethduck

hahahahahaha
thats what i thought
you beat me to it

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 01:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Ayjay

AHA! thanks!

top topics

join