It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Got an old mobile phone? Use it for one last wake up call...

page: 7
<< 4  5  6   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 01:04 PM
link   
I love this idea allthough i think it would be easier to print out some 2-3 page booklets with truthfull information and leave them on public transport with the front page reading something like "If you have found me then please read me while you travel to your destination it could change your life forever!". I dont think ATS would be a good link to refer people to though as there is too much sensationalist bs here that would more than likely scare people off.

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 02:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Greensage

I like that you don't have a cell phone or a tv. I'm sure there are indeed many others like you. I threw my tv out just over two years ago. Alas, I do have a cell phone as my job requires me to have one. Unfortunately, my job not only requires that I have a cell phone, but that each time a new "cool electronic device" comes out, I must quickly learn how to use it so that I can give our clients reviews and and help them get their new toys set up.

However, when I am not working or on call, I put my phone away somewhere. Like right now, I don't even know where my phone is, and haven't since yesterday. It's been a nice, quiet 24 hours. I would love to get rid of my cell phone completely, and I agree that both television and cell phones have caused more problems than anything. I feel like social networking sites (FB, myspace, etc) and texting have completely ruined communication. It's degraded our language, and much of todays youth can't even put together a proper sentence. "goin 2 da pool 2day cnt wait for 2nite tho lol cb asap cuz i neede to tell u smthng" ---- this is an actual text my younger brother got last week. Yikes.

I think the idea of putting information on old cell phones and randomly dispersing them after setting an alarm could be a good idea, but how many old cell phones does the average person have? Two or three? Six?

I like the idea of thumb drives too. Not only would it be more cost effective, but you have the ability to put much more information on a thumb drive than an old cell phone. Flyers are a good idea too, though tricky, as it is indeed possible to get fined for littering or soliciting.

How about this - if you really want to get information out to the masses in your area, print up some legible flyers with just a taste of information on there (information overload will turn people off) - and tape a thumb drive to the flyer. This could be doubleplusgood effective, as everyone likes to get something free. If I handed you a flyer with a thumb drive taped to it - what are the odds that you'll throw that flyer away? Maybe you would, but not without taking the thumb drive off and putting that in your pocket.
edit on 23-6-2011 by cwilson because: spell check

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 04:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by cwilson
reply to post by Greensage

How about this - if you really want to get information out to the masses in your area, print up some legible flyers with just a taste of information on there (information overload will turn people off) - and tape a thumb drive to the flyer. This could be doubleplusgood effective, as everyone likes to get something free. If I handed you a flyer with a thumb drive taped to it - what are the odds that you'll throw that flyer away? Maybe you would, but not without taking the thumb drive off and putting that in your pocket.
edit on 23-6-2011 by cwilson because: spell check

thats a neat idea.
I like the brainstorming this has created.
regardless of the media, i think we all agree that we need to start getting info together whether it's a sticker with ats.com on or a magic symbol for iphones etc. leaflet , thumbdrive or mobile phone and put them out there for people to pick up.

with regards to the phone thing, i'm looking forward to the first reply to this thread along the lines of:
i found a phone and it lead me here...

one of the advantages of the phone idea as i see it, is that they are old phones, sure people will pick them up due to innate curiosity but they are unlikely to want to keep it/trade up.
After looking at it they will either throw it away (for someone else to find maybe) or look into things further, should this be the case then, once they have the info off the phone, i'd hope that they would do the same thing again with this phone and maybe one or two of their own. I'd certainly encourage them to once they got here (ats.com).

this idea of mine sprung from a guerrilla community book sharing vogue still popular in some parts of england.
the vogue is to leave an old book you enjoyed on the train/park bench, for someone else to pickup and enjoy.
this became so popular in some areas it became considered a nuisance and was banned, but still continues due to popularity.

imagine if coming across these wake-up phones became as common place......

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 01:38 PM
link   
I think the best idea so far is a sticker with a link code directing them here to this site. I think that is one way to at least start the process to get the word out there. If enough people start placing them around, I could even see a spot on the local MSM talking about them, which would really open the doors to the awakening of the masses. So, how soon can a QR sticker be made up, so I can print them out?

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 11:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by dilapidated
reply to post by BobbyShaftoe

a better idea is to get rid of your crappy 'smart' phones
and start using your old phone for the purpose of a PHONE
it wont brake, stays charged for ages, admits less radiation etc....
stop falling for the apple gimmicks and so on

awesome idea as well as the op's!

everything in moderation.

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 01:05 AM
link   
The interview linked in this thread here: www.abovetopsecret.com...

and this interview here:video.google.com...#

The best thing about this stuff is when you actually fact check and it starts to come up creepy that's when you're on the right path...is how you should end the text anyways lol

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 06:27 AM
link   
Cool, I just read another thread: "I found a phone"

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Where new user tobree describes how he found a phone in Manchester (Motorola V3).

Niiiice developement !

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 10:16 AM
link   
I totally missed this thread in June, what a great idea.

Got me thinking too, who on here Geocaches? Putting a phone in a geocache would be unusual, and get noticed. And the best part: Cache etiqette is "take something, leave something". There's a much higher chance that the phone would return back to a cache somewhere to start the cycle over.

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 10:28 AM
link   
Out of curiosity, which topics on here would you leave links to on the phone?
Dont get me wrong, its a pretty good site with lots of interesting topics, but to be honest i havent come across anything on here i would call life changing. Not to mention that most of the really interesting looking subjects get shot down or debunked by people.
If I had found a phone in the street with links to a site like this, the chances are i would mainly come across ramblings from the religious folk on here, which would put me off a little

Might be a little off topic but what do you feel are the most important things covered on here? And what has been put on here that has 100% been proven as a cover up/conspiracy or whatever, that might not have had good or any coverage in the msm?

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6   >>

join