It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How many Sock Puppets and Dis-information Agents are there on ATS?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 21 2011 @ 06:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by Zamini
reply to post by masqua

I've reported people, no action has been taken.

Just because a complaint has been filed does not mean that an action would be taken. The topic is discussed and an agreement made on what to do (if anything). Every complaint is looked at... that's a certainty. You can believe that or disbelieve it.

When anyone can do a google search and see that false information is being spread by what I guess to be trolls.

Sometimes, the stuff that shows up on a Google search is disinformation as well.

It had to do with the zionist agenda. Care to explain that one?

Zionist agenda? You talking about the Protocols of Zion? No. I have no words for that tract. Personally, I'm more concerned with the rise in racism/tribalism as a knee-jerk response to religious animosity, international travel and growing global immigration/emigration.
edit on 21/6/11 by masqua because: spllng

posted on Jun, 21 2011 @ 06:10 AM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

I'll go the easy route and say I'm just plain stupid. It saves time.

Look, we're on a conspiracy site. We're all going to be a wee bit paranoid. But just because someone disagrees with your premise, don't look for NSA, dark nefarious agents, or sock-puppets.

Look that is a given. That does not mean there are NONE here. What you are doing here is saying there are NONE, or at least, you are implying that everyone is just a person disagreeing with you.

It could be that someone just disagrees.
Occams' Razor.

Oh that made you look really smart. That's what you want right? Look smart and funny? This is about MORE than you or me so reel it in fool.

And yes, I do enjoy some humour every now and then. Lightens the day.

Go read a joke or something. Go laugh with some real friends. You know, before you make posts that have effects you cannot even comprehend.

posted on Jun, 21 2011 @ 06:12 AM
link   
reply to post by masqua

Sometimes, the stuff that shows up on a Google search is disinformation as well.

So someone claiming the ancient homeland of the Nazi's s Iran is not disinformation at all.

It is not a scheme to make Iran look more and more like Nazi Germany(we all know how the Israel supporters here post about Iran and Iranians, as if they are worse than nazis)?

Oh I see, it's to gather support for a specific group against another specific group. Then it IS allowed no?

Please go do some reading.

posted on Jun, 21 2011 @ 06:13 AM
link   
reply to post by MajorKarma

Soo if some one has a different opinion or view , this makes them a ''puppet'' or ''disinfo agent'' come on.

Big world out there, lot's of people, each with a unique brain.

posted on Jun, 21 2011 @ 06:15 AM
link   
reply to post by Zamini

Troll Alert level one.

Troll Alert level one.

Move to Deaf Con 1 Ignore status people, troll alert level one.

posted on Jun, 21 2011 @ 06:16 AM
link   
reply to post by Zamini

Wow, Capt. Harsh, can I get you another cup of angry?

Even if there were agents of darkness lurking on threads, don't you think that common sense and logic could defeat these evil trolls?

And for the record, sometimes using humour does illustrate the point in a calmer manner.

"A spoonful of sugar helps the medicine go down."
-Julie Andrews

posted on Jun, 21 2011 @ 06:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by masqua
How many Sock Puppets and Dis-information Agents are there on ATS?

No idea, but there's got to be a bunch of them.
If you see one, alert us or let us know via U2U .

The #1 tactic for disrupting threads is not sensible debate or critical thinking... it's vitriol. Stating verifiable facts which are backed up with reasonable evidence leads to healthy debate with the added bonus of educating both sides of the argument.

Throwing about personal attacks, calling those one disagrees with idiots and morons, is twenty times more effective, as the closed thread will show.

Nothing like trollery to mess up a topic.

If only more members would alert staff rather than reply in kind, maybe it wouldn't get to 13 pages before it gets ripped apart with post deletions.

I've reported people who are obviously out to disrupt certain threads. Nothing has been done.

posted on Jun, 21 2011 @ 06:21 AM
link   
You want a sock puppet?

How about this one:

alcamen

posted on Jun, 21 2011 @ 06:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer
reply to post by Zamini

Even if there were agents of darkness lurking on threads, don't you think that common sense and logic could defeat these evil trolls?

And for the record, sometimes using humour does illustrate the point in a calmer manner.

-Julie Andrews

That's the whole point, no amount of common sense or logic has any effect, because their aim is to disrupt any common sense or logical thinking. They use attacks, circular arguments, deliberately blur the distinction between evidence and proof and resort to ridicule and insults.
edit on 21-6-2011 by wcitizen because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 21 2011 @ 06:23 AM
link   
reply to post by Chadwickus

Hey mate, so what is the point of your post? Alcamen, is a sock puppet according to you, but what is the significance of it?

Or are we now just going to point out trolls and sockpuppets? Without proof, except personal vendetta's and agenda's?

vvv

posted on Jun, 21 2011 @ 06:24 AM
link   
reply to post by VreemdeVlieendeVoorwep

Check the "Recent Posts" page...

posted on Jun, 21 2011 @ 06:24 AM
link   
reply to post by Immortalgemini527

Partisan much?
I see you left off those who listen to MSNBC, John Stewart, and those who just LUV Obama no matter what bull he pulls (and he pulls a lot of bull).

Originally posted by VreemdeVlieendeVoorwep
Disinfo agents, i don't think there are one even on this site.

I agree. Why would they bother. Most of the world thinks conspiracists are nutz. I'm sure they have better things to do with their time then mess around on an internet site like this.

HOWEVER ... I have seen groups of people show up all at the same time ... pushing their same agenda. I don't think they are 'disinfo agents' but instead are people who stumble upon this place and they go get their friends of like mind to show up and post. They come in groups .... suddenly you'll get a dozen or so fundies pushing Jesus ... then you'll suddenly get a bunch of muslims defending their cult .... then you'll get a bunch of rapture people telling everyone to 'get ready' ... etc etc. They show up in pods, and they disappear or get banned or get bored and leave all about the same time.

posted on Jun, 21 2011 @ 06:26 AM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

Don't mistake anger for sincerity. Some of us have been through some things that make us understand a bit more about the things we talk about than for say, people like you.

Tried, and they just repost the same thing only they make it worse - believe it or not. Look up how the supporters of Israel on this site poster about Iranians. After they found out they can lie and tie the Iranian "Aryan" to the Nazi "Aryan" a whole BUNCH of them posted along the same lines - some going out of their way and saying it was the Nazi homeland. I reported this as it is extremely disgusting not to mention wrong, the post still stands, nothing been done.

Yes, and to more experienced people you come off as scared.

-Julie Andrews

Crack sugar? Brown sugar? Or is is just the metaphor that something sweet makes something bitter go down easier? Excuse me, but I don't want to swallow that bitterness that you say is medicine.

posted on Jun, 21 2011 @ 06:26 AM
link   
reply to post by LiveForever8

Ha, i see.

And now he is banned.

VVV

posted on Jun, 21 2011 @ 06:28 AM
link   

Personal vendetta?

Check their posting history.

20 posts posting the exact same thing then started a thread, saying the exact same thing.

Now check the poster before him in each of the threads he spammed, they're all off topic now but it was posting the exact same thing.

It's the same guy...clearly.

No agenda...just a real sock puppet/spammer.

posted on Jun, 21 2011 @ 06:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by masqua

reply to post by masqua

I've reported people, no action has been taken.

Just because a complaint has been filed does not mean that an action would be taken. The topic is discussed and an agreement made on what to do (if anything). Every complaint is looked at... that's a certainty. You can believe that or disbelieve it.

When anyone can do a google search and see that false information is being spread by what I guess to be trolls.

I suspect that a few people have reported the same group - I don't understand why action hasn't been taken either. If you look at the 25 points in the linked article above, it's exactly what they do. They appear on any thread on the topic almost immediately, lots of members who would otherwise participate in the discussion just won't bother because of the trolls. This has been expressed many times on the threads themselves, and in U2U's. They are succeeding in suppressing any debate other than their own, which is to deny the topic and ridicule others. If that's ok with ATS, there's nothing more the members can do, but I just want to flag up one more time that trolls are disrupting every thread on the topic in question and no other discussion is being allowed by them.

ETA: If you check out the posting history of these members you'll see that they post almost exclusively on one single topic. This is another indicator, imo.

posted on Jun, 21 2011 @ 06:32 AM
link   

Oh that made you look really smart. That's what you want right? Look smart and funny? This is about MORE than you or me so reel it in fool.

Go read a joke or something. Go laugh with some real friends. You know, before you make posts that have effects you cannot even comprehend.

Prime examples of what I'm talking about... personal attacks are SO much more effective at derailing threads. Thank you for pointing the method out.

posted on Jun, 21 2011 @ 06:33 AM
link   

Personal vendetta?
reply to post by Chadwickus

That was not directed at you at all mate, more in general. You were indeed correct in your analysis of this member as being a sock puppet.

My concern is just, that we should not start pointing fingers, and acussing people of being dis info agents or sockpuppets. I believe the mods should be the one's doing this.

You were right though, so thumbs up for you.

vvv

posted on Jun, 21 2011 @ 06:37 AM
link   

Fair enough, I was making a similar point.

Most of the real sock puppets are easy to pick.

The ones described in the OP are more due to an over-active imagination.

posted on Jun, 21 2011 @ 07:05 AM
link   
I think some ATS'ers want a disinfo agent lurking around...makes them feel their ideas are so important that the government has to keep an eye on them. Others like Zamini are probably just bored and need to pick fights just to get someone to pay attention to them. The sock puppets crack me up though because they are usually the only posters that agree with each other!

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join