It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I Think I Might Have Caught A UFO

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 07:07 PM
link   
I took this picture just today working on a foreclosed home, supplying pictures to the bank of the property. I moved the pictures from my camera to the computer to process the work order and ran across this with a look of huh across my face. I suppose it could be a bird I suppose but alas I am here asking for all of you to contribute in identifying the object at hand.

The camera took a much larger picture but I shrink them all to send them in bulk via email and deleted the original bigger picture and didn't notice this object until after the fact!!!!!

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/edbc5de32f9a.jpg[/atsimg]

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/ee13108cf3c8.jpg[/atsimg]

Anyway, whatd'ya think?
edit on 20-6-2011 by Crossfate because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 07:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Crossfate

looks like a rock to me

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 07:11 PM
link   
edit your title to caught on picture!

lol, caught an UFO sounds a bit too dramatic for me.

There are good programs out there to recover deleted files, I would try to get your original back.

Don't think the ATS crowd will be pleased with anything less than the original picture.

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 07:12 PM
link   
reply to post by locololo

The center seems to have some kind of ring maybe? If it's a rock I didn't throw it and I think I would have heard it hit a fence or something.

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 07:14 PM
link   
I'd say your safe with calling it a UFO until it's been identified, anyway. If you zoom in further it has a slight aura around it.. Worth another look, anyway.

At least the reflection of the sun on the object is consistent from where light seems to be off the right side of the photo..
edit on 20-6-2011 by rstregooski because: content

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 07:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Grey Magic

you know what It might be in the recycle bin! BRB, It's on my dad's machine.

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 07:15 PM
link   
Finally! Something that is not a single pixel and is interesting
! I Don't think that is a bird. Oh how I wish you had that higher res picture

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 07:15 PM
link   
Hmmmm, interesting to say the least.
To me it's possible you may have caught one on camera, as I can not explain what it is.
Though I will let those more intelligent in the area make the case for or against it.
Will definitely keep my eye on this thread though.
Thanks for sharing!

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 07:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Grey Magic

really necessary? Im pretty sure you would have been the only one wondering whether he actually caught a ufo.

get a grip people, lets keep it simple.

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 07:20 PM
link   
reply to post by jexmo

Lol there are people on ATS who made greater claims.

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 07:21 PM
link   
It could just be a bin liner, not saying it is but it kind of has that look.
If you can upload the big picture that may help.

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 07:23 PM
link   
nfortunately until someone here gives it some study and know there are lots of people that can, id have to say it could be.
Rock
Lid
Distant plane
Balloon
Hope someone will give it some scrutiny let us all know what it could be. Some zoom and filters could answer a lot of questions.
Keep em coming, one day maybe something unexplainable will show up.

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 07:27 PM
link   
It almost looks edited together, I hate to accuse of that but it does look modified.. at least to me... strike that, it looks very much edited..

When you zoom in on the photo closely you can see pixelization around the object that doesn't exist in the rest of the image as if the object's source image is in lower resolution than the photograph it's been pasted into ..

Edit:

This is the region that looks pasted, compare that above and you'll notice this same area .. it just doesn't look right.. that is too perfect a rectangle

edit on 20-6-2011 by miniatus because: (no reason given)

edit on 20-6-2011 by miniatus because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 07:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Grey Magic
reply to post by jexmo

Lol there are people on ATS who made greater claims.

I agree...I honestly thought somebody had actually captured a UFO and had it in their garage or something...based on the title.

It was everything I could do not to laugh when I saw "I think I might have caught a UFO"!

That's just me though...I must be getting used to this place.

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 07:33 PM
link   
reply to post by miniatus

I have a picture of leafs on a tree and they make the same pixelated imagery as that, against the blue sky. Did I fake the leafs? no... It's just the effect the object has when you zoom in.

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 07:34 PM
link   

Understood, I also noticed that and wondered why its pixelated around that area because I didn't tweak it at all. Maybe motion blur? Still looking for the original in a recycle bin full of billions of pictures. lol

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 07:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mista25

I have a picture of leafs on a tree and they make the same pixelated imagery as that, against the blue sky. Did I fake the leafs? no... It's just the effect the object has when you zoom in.

Pixelization does happen with objects of contrast however it's not usual to see it in that kind of a rectangle shape with clearly defined edges.. ( my second image outlines the rectangle ) ..

link   
Could the OP still get the deleted file back from the card it was on. I'm no expert, but the original file might still be on the storage device and just the reference to the file is what is actually wiped. Anyway, there may be a program they could use to get the original larger file. Possible?

link   

Sure seems off doesn't it...I am not going to say fake either...

I will say highly suspect though...

More investingation needed and someone to call it!

Edit: Removed last line of that...
edit on 20-6-2011 by jerryznv because: ...

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 07:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Crossfate

Understood, I also noticed that and wondered why its pixelated around that area because I didn't tweak it at all. Maybe motion blur? Still looking for the original in a recycle bin full of billions of pictures. lol

What would be useful is if you could post the raw, full resolution image up on some place like flickr .. something in high resolution that hasn't been recompressed like some of the services do.. that should eliminate such artifacts by a great deal.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join