It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Man Robs Bank For $1 To Get Free Jail Healthcare

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 01:18 PM
link   
So this is what it has come to? The sad part is most people don't care. If you can walk by someone starving or hurt on the street why would you think twice about a person who doesn't have healthcare? Doctors are not doctors so they can help people, they become doctors so they can be rich and respected. You would be surprised to find out how many people do things like this, maybe not rob a bank but similar.

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 01:22 PM
link   
Manipulation the system? :/ Who the f*** put these people in power? All medical should be free ... sigh, what is this world coming to. Money money money, how wonderful money

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 01:24 PM
link   
Yes meds and food and schooling should be free. Very sad that he is that institutionalized to accept 3 hots and a cot over freedom. EA is changing

edit on 6/20/11 by Ophiuchus 13 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 01:26 PM
link   
Room/Board, Healthcare, Education, Counseling, Trade Education (in some places) all available to inmates and it could be argued that this helps with reform and should provide some sort of skill set for the person upon release. Does not generally work that way, but that is the theory... On the other hand, there are those who have committed no crime and are not incarcerated and cannot afford such basics. The system is a fail.

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 01:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Ophiuchus 13

The world is changing my friend. When it comes to people offering up their freedom just for this, something needs to be done ... I don't know how long we will let it go on but surely, it won't be long now.

Peace,
David.

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 01:27 PM
link   
reply to post by LadySkadi

Makes me laugh! You should go to jail to get PUNISHED, isn't that what it was supposed to be for? You commit a crime, you pay for it. Obviously not, if you are good and did nothing wrong, you definatly pay for it

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 01:29 PM
link   
Brilliant... I thought there would be a County Health Clinic he could have used but maybe not. I have to think there are other ways to handle this. I just hope he gets the care he needs after all of this.

I don't think having bank robbery on your record would be worth the care

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 01:30 PM
link   
Wow that is pathetic.He will not like it when they either let him go because less than 500 is not a felony or give him 25 years in jail.I had a friend die in jail from simple tooth decay her sinuses got infected and she died.Dont they have any free clinics around there?

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 01:32 PM
link   
Lots of people do this in my city just so they have a warm place to sleep in the winter.

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 01:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by David291

The world is changing my friend. When it comes to people offering up their freedom just for this, something needs to be done ... I don't know how long we will let it go on but surely, it won't be long now.

Peace,
David.

Yes it does need upgrading indeed my friend, its sad the way a mind can justify or accept that its lost the battle to advance and just gives up. There has gotta be a better way and I agree I hope not to long many suffer for what seems eternity on EA... Even if only life cycles, long torment for some.

Be well

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 01:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by isitjustme

I don't think having bank robbery on your record would be worth the care

Unless you gave up on society and feel there is nothing to lose... Some people remain homless for many years and to them being inside warm fed and medically treated is a good thing. SO I can understand the pain...

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 01:38 PM
link   
It makes you wonder how many murders have been committed because of similar issues. If you really hate someone and want them dead and you are dying because you can't afford health care.

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 01:39 PM
link   

You are right, if there is nothing left for you in society, I suppose one could try and get back in but if that fails or if you want to... there is only so many things one can do and sadly, even the means to live off of the land is getting small.

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 01:41 PM
link   
Sorry but this guy is just stupid.

He is not getting free healthcare.
He is paying for it with his freedoms.

Just dumb!!
edit on 20-6-2011 by macman because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 01:41 PM
link   
reply to post by TechUnique

I would imagine many when considering projecting your issues upon someone else is in play. Many may feel there is no chance and look at anothers life as if its them or me with in their back minds running they lost anyway.

Good question

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 01:43 PM
link   
reply to post by macman

I'm sorry but there is no such thing as freedom now days. we have been truly shackled by money, we have to pay to survive, we have to pay for lifes necessities. Like I said above you, even living off the land is hardly worth doing because I bet even that is agaist the law somehow ...

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 01:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by David291

You are right, if there is nothing left for you in society, I suppose one could try and get back in but if that fails or if you want to... there is only so many things one can do and sadly, even the means to live off of the land is getting small.

Yes one could try but after so many years of the public giving you the evol eye like its ALL your fault and some faults may be personal. Some may just feel so detached from public and feel there is no other way so they rationalize. Its cold im hungry no clean clothes NOT REALLY FEELING FREE ANYWAY and they give up and drop their frequencies so low that jail to them doesnt matter. They may even make some good outta it. Maybe there should be homeless programs that assist from street to habitat, supporting the species better.

When I see folx down and out I try to drop more then the avg. few cents in their cups like maybey enough for lunch or something sometimes I just buy them lunch if I think they will spen the money on a drink but I do understand how the drink is the freedom away from the ills of society.

You seem to care and thats a plus!!!

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 01:47 PM
link   
What a sad and desperate tale.. I really hope this ends up being a one off incident. however going how upside down and back to front the world is right now to some I am sure this approach makes perfect and logical sense..

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 01:52 PM
link   

Yes, I do care but there is only so much I can do.
2nd line
edit on 20/6/11 by David291 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 01:56 PM
link   
reply to post by David291

I hear you brother I hear you. I guess this is where FAITH will come into play with the preservation of the human soul energies. I believe some day it will be ok.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join