It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If Harper doesn't get what he wants, he will abolish the senate

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 11:34 AM
link   
Seriously. This is what happens when globalist scum like that take power...with a majority.

S enior Conservative hints Harper could go nuclear on Senate reform

Jason Kenney is suggesting his boss Stephen Harper could do away with the Senate if his Conservative caucus in the Red Chamber doesn’t play ball and accept his reforms.

Choosing his words carefully, Mr. Kenney avoided saying the word “abolish.” Rather, he said the Prime Minister is prepared to “entertain more dramatic options” if Tory senators continue to balk at his proposal.

Hail Canada's Bush!

All of you who gave Harper a majority, I hope you are happy now.

Mr. Harper can go to hell. He cannot abolish the senate by himself, if he does, he commits treason.

Yes the senate needs reform. But just doing threats like that just prove to me Harper isn't the one who should be doing it. Not to mention his reform plan is crap.

A good reform would be something like the US back in the day. Every province/territory's government elect senators and can recall them at will. No elected senators.

A good comment from the link :

So the supposed chamber of 'sober second thought' is told to tow the party line or face annihilation.

Indeed... how nice of Harper.

Harper, just another thug of the NWO.
edit on 20-6-2011 by Vitchilo because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 11:52 AM
link   
We'll see how well he plays out. He's done some terrible things. Take a look at tinyurl.com/3pe78k5 , if everyone who voted for him would have read that, he wouldnt have majority.

I hate to say it, but its the seniors. Seniors vote conservative, regardless of who's running. (Im not saying all, but from the trends i see when talking to older folks).
edit on 20/6/11 by AzureSky because: (no reason given)

edit on 20/6/11 by AzureSky because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 11:56 AM
link   
Sounds like it's a power struggle and a show of force by Harper and his cronies. Probably a couple detractors popped up in his cabinet and these words are coming out as a warning to them.

I'm surprised actually, I thought he had better control of his people....

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 11:58 AM
link   
Harper's an idiot and he looks like Frankenstein just glue some bolts on his neck. I agree 100% I hope the people who voted for him are happy. Turned Canada into a waring nation like the U.S. What ever happened to the peace keeping nation of Canada? Gone Harper killed that!!! Now we have terrorist threats?? When ever has there been a terrorist act done by another country to Canada? Is Canada the next police state?
edit on 20-6-2011 by enament because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 12:04 PM
link   
The crime rate lower now than it's been since the 50's. So why more jails longer sentences harsher penalties for non violent crimes?? I have not been able to substantiate it yet but I heard that Stephen Harper is a member of the builderburg group is that true??

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 12:06 PM
link   
reply to post by enament

I think we're in the end game of a Rhodes Anglo conspiracy's power play, why would the Canadians and the Australians, of all peoples, start electing not just right wing but Neo Con religious weirdo politicians to power, it makes no sense without accepting a big international long running conspiracy.

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 12:14 PM
link   
My goodness. This is getting stupid. How did treasonous Harper get majority is beyond me. I hope all those who voted for the cons will wither in disgrace when constitutional amendments will be put into action.

We should riot this! Who cares about the Stanley Cup? You can go see it in Toronto anytime... but if the senate gets amended we will NEVER see it again!

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 12:16 PM
link   
Only the members of the senate are powerful. It is the house of commons that makes the bills and is in practice, the more "powerful" of the two chambers. The senate RARELY rejects bills from the house. Having no senate just expedites the process. By the constitution ANY money bills must originate in the house of commons.

So it doesn't change anything but process and red tape. I agree and don't think it should be one guy who can abolish either of these chambers...

But reason of NWO is a stretch.

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 12:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Thepreye

I agree with you on that he is a neo con isn't he he defiantly matches the description.

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 12:23 PM
link   
reply to post by InnerTruths

You mean changes to the Charter of Rights and Freedoms act don't you?

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 12:28 PM
link   
I don't like Harper's plan.

I don't like the current Senate.

I do think there needs to be a second House.

I do not think that House should be tied to parties. That's what the Commons are for.

I in no way want a Republic system. The stupid pork added to legislation for vote buying is attrotious.

I would like to see a Senate that is representative of the provinces and territories. I would also like to see a Senate that formalizes lobby groups with representatives for large categories of representation. At which point I want activitst/lobby groups to work through their representative. Lobbyists working on OTHER reps should be illegal.

Senate should not be able to make changes in Bills. They should be able to make suggestions on amendments and send them back to the Commons.

I think that all the "let us eliminate the Senate" people should consider if making changes unilaterally is the best decision. When the Senate had all the power, I'm sure that it was discussed many times the need to eliminate the House of Commons as being an unnecessary redunacy.

The concept of a second look by a "better" class (what some of the leaders of the commons think they are now....) is ridiculous.

At one point though, it had a point which is still valid. The representation of a larger view than the local politicians.

Currently, the House of Commons is FAILING to do its assigned job BECAUSE the Senate fails to do its job.

Perhaps we just need to put the local constituent back into the governement. If the House of Commons wants to be what the Senate was, but make bills, then the local constituents should be allowed to reject those bills as a sober second thought.

The House of Commons no longer does the job it was intended to do. That is why people think that the Senate if redunant. The Commons represents business, global issues, resource sectors, religious groups, lobby groups. What it does not represent well is ....THEIR CONSTITUENTS.
edit on 2011/6/20 by Aeons because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 12:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by enament
reply to post by InnerTruths

You mean changes to the Charter of Rights and Freedoms act don't you?

Semantics:

The Canadian Charter of Rights and Freedoms (also known as The Charter of Rights and Freedoms or simply the Charter, French: La Charte canadienne des droits et libertés) is a bill of rights entrenched in the Constitution of Canada.

Charter, Constitution - Same thing...

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 12:55 PM
link   
reply to post by boncho

Just wondering never heard of anyone referring to it as a constitution that's all.

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 02:22 PM
link   

The crime rate lower now than it's been since the 50's. So why more jails longer sentences harsher penalties for non violent crimes?? I have not been able to substantiate it yet but I heard that Stephen Harper is a member of the builderburg group is that true??

Yep. Harper is a sellout Bilderberger, pushing the North American Union, in bed with big oil... Harper is scum.

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 02:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Vitchilo

As far as iI know it's sopose to be illegal to go into closed door deals with other country's and make secret deals affecting you're country men. He is a treasonous bass turd.

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 03:04 PM
link   

reply to post by Vitchilo

As far as iI know it's sopose to be illegal to go into closed door deals with other country's and make secret deals affecting you're country men. He is a treasonous bass turd.

I'm pretty sure that's part of the definition of being a country's leader actually.

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 03:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aeons
I'm pretty sure that's part of the definition of being a country's leader actually.

Actually no. Not in a world of laws. In a world of crooks like we live in right now, yes. Harper is a traitor, he's selling out Canada.

He's actually putting our country in danger by doing so. Under the SPP, Canada has to sell 60%+ of our oil production to the US. Doesn't matter if our oil production crashes or if we cannot import oil from overseas.

Harper and his cronies are crooks, and just like Obama, Bush and Clinton, are traitors to their own country.

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 03:21 PM
link   
I'm not in the fan base of Hairper.

but the senate?
It seems to be a place for the elderly to get their afternoon nap.
The numbers of days off are staggering.
Heck former Stanley's cup winner coach Jacques Demers is a senator now.
With all the respect i have for the coach, i'm not sure about him being a senator unless the senate is PR thing?
This thing cost money, alot of it if its for PR.
imho i think it would be a good thing to get rid of this thing and will surely help cut the (crap)corruption out of canada.

ill try to find a video of Jacko, this guy is hilarious.

edit/
video.google.com...#
www.youtube.com...
edit on 20-6-2011 by eagleeye2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 03:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Vitchilo

Originally posted by Aeons

Actually no. Not in a world of laws. In a world of crooks like we live in right now, yes. Harper is a traitor, he's selling out Canada.

He's actually putting our country in danger by doing so. Under the SPP, Canada has to sell 60%+ of our oil production to the US. Doesn't matter if our oil production crashes or if we cannot import oil from overseas.

Harper and his cronies are crooks, and just like Obama, Bush and Clinton, are traitors to their own country.

The World level doesn't have laws, but it exists anyways. As Canada is a First World Nations (marginally), we play on the World stage. Pretending it isn't there would be BAD for Canadians.

I'm not a fan of Harper's, and I absolutely detest some of his cabinet ministers (Stockwell) for being the first class arrogant wanna-be feudal lords they are.

But I expect my country's leader to do their damn job. And that's his Damn Job.

top topics

join