It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Senator McCain Blames Illegal Immigrants For Fires In Arizona

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 07:31 AM
link   

www.news8000.com...

But in a press conference, Arizona Sen. John McCain blamed illegal immigrants for starting unspecified fires in that area.

"There is substantial evidence that some of these fires have been caused by people who have crossed our border illegally," McCain said. "The answer to that part of the problem is to get a secure border.

The Republican senator said that illegal immigrants set such fires either to send signals, keep warm or distract law enforcement agents. But he did not specify which fires allegedly had been started by illegal immigrants, nor identify his sources or provide details of the "substantial" evidence he cited.

Well, I guess anything is possible these days.

At the moment, the cause of the fire is unknown, atleast from what I have heard. Should McCain have said this? I dont believe so. He should have waited until the investigation into what caused the fire is over.

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 07:35 AM
link   
Yeah he was a little premature in his statement. But he could be right. His reasoning is not that far-fetched.

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 08:18 AM
link   
Yet another reason to send this fuddy duddy packing. He is so disconnected from reality it is not funny. Trying to drum up racial tensions.

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 08:35 AM
link   
I guess they are the reason why i have had a bout of diarrhea this morning too John?

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 08:37 AM
link   
reply to post by buni11687

i have no love for politicians (believe me!) but i've learned even at the small-town level they seem to be closely tied to law enforcement. law enforcement talks with Fire & Rescue folks. people in power probably have connections to all sorts of other folks who hear the scuttlebutt and are in-the-know. McCain has nothing gain by tossing out false allegations against anyone, of course I could be wrong, but i doubt anyone is going to build a wall around Arizona because of this statement.

i think someone of his experience would well know not to casually toss around statements. if i had eyes & ears on me most of the time i'd watch my words.

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 08:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheImmaculateD1
Yet another reason to send this fuddy duddy packing. He is so disconnected from reality it is not funny. Trying to drum up racial tensions.

Racial? I guess that only Mexicans come here illegally?

Sure sure.

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 09:07 AM
link   
So suddenly a new fire emerges from Sierra Vista/Ft. Huachuca area, they catch the arsonist but the Media will not talk about it?? So John knows it was illegals?

The very same area they closed to the American People in 2009 by Napalitano/DHS because Coronado State Park could not be controlled?

Bunk! They gave the Mexican Cartel Guns but got caught, now they want to blame an illegal for being Drew Barrymore? OMG! Our Government has no scruples left!

Here is that link on ATS for Sierra Vista Fires: www.abovetopsecret.com...

John, your Fired!

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 09:10 AM
link   

No, no no, he's got it all wrong... CLEARLY these are Elenin fires.......
edit on 20-6-2011 by My.mind.is.mine because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 09:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by LargeFries

i have no love for politicians (believe me!) but i've learned even at the small-town level they seem to be closely tied to law enforcement. law enforcement talks with Fire & Rescue folks. people in power probably have connections to all sorts of other folks who hear the scuttlebutt and are in-the-know. McCain has nothing gain by tossing out false allegations against anyone, of course I could be wrong, but i doubt anyone is going to build a wall around Arizona because of this statement.

i think someone of his experience would well know not to casually toss around statements. if i had eyes & ears on me most of the time i'd watch my words.

Nothing more than another right wing attempt to stir up racial tensions in the political arena. By the way, John McCain is notorious for "casually tossing around statements" that he is later forced to retract or suddenly reverse his opinion on. (like his support of cap & trade in 2008 or even whether or not he's a "Maverick")
It's something that I believe he perfected during his time spent as a POW. He learned to say whatever it is that he thinks his audience wants to hear and whatever he thinks will garner him support. McCain is an absolute joke but seeing how Arizona keeps on electing him to office, they deserve no better.

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 09:53 AM
link   
I think the wildfires are being started by senators from Arizona. I got just as much proof as McCain does.

Is there anything the illegals don't get blamed for these days?

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 09:55 AM
link   
I see no problem with him saying this. If that is what he believes he should say it. Should he only say things that are politicaly correct? Should he only say things that people want to hear? Don't speak what you believe to be the truth because you might offend someone? Or should he be honest and say how he feels or what he's really thinking? I really don't care for McCain but I don't think he's done anything wrong here. Just my opinion

edit on 20-6-2011 by WildWorld because: (no reason given)

edit on 20-6-2011 by WildWorld because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 09:58 AM
link   
Of course the fires couldn't have been started by some local throwing a lit cigarette out his car window. We all know that would never happen.

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 10:01 AM
link   
I think we should investigate his claim by deporting all of the illegals and building a big wall along the border. If the fires stop or are reduced in frequency, then McCain was right. If not, well, no harm done.

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 10:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by Aggie Man
I think the wildfires are being started by senators from Arizona. I got just as much proof as McCain does.

I think that your statement is probably 1000 times closer to the truth than the totally unfounded accusations made by McCain in the OP.

Rest assure, If they can find a way to blame illegals for their problems, they will. To hear them tell it, Arizona would be a garden of eden if it weren't for those damn illegals starting fires and leaving decapitated bodies lying all over the place.

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 10:23 AM
link   
I always wondering (as non American) how this kind of people is elected in the first place in USA .You will find more sane and inteligent people in random selected 100 people on the street.

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 10:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by xavi1000
I always wondering (as non American) how this kind of people is elected in the first place in USA .You will find more sane and inteligent people in random selected 100 people on the street.

I couldn't agree more. However, we have many factors that play into our elections.

-Candidates can buy votes.
-Candidates can PRETEND to be whomever they want to be.
-Candidates tell you what you want the hear, and tell your neighbor what he wants to hear, even if they contradict each other.

These are spoiled people who grew up with a silver spoon and have no idea what it's like to BE the people they claim to represent and aren't even in it for the people, it's about that check.

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 12:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aggie Man

You don't need proof, you just need to cram as many hot-button issues into one statement as possible.

Don't worry about making sense. Once those buttons are pushed people stop "thinking". No worries.

If the immigrant tact fails...we can always blame the Native Americans, that worked well in the past.

Forest Service officials believe the source of the blaze was an unattended campfire on May 29 in a heavily wooded area near the San Carlos Apache Indian Reservation.

www.pbs.org...

By the way...the San carlos reservation is 200 Miles north of the Mexican border

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 12:40 PM
link   
Here is another twist...

There has been little spraying of "chemtrails" for couple of months here in S. AZ. (heavy spraying this spring).

June 15-16, Shazam! "Chemtrails" to the north of the Catalina Mountains extending east.

Red Flag Wind advisory June 17-19, the fire explodes.

Also, I did not see it posted, A second fire was being blamed on dozer clearing a fire line. Blade hit a rock and sparked the "Antelope" fire, according to local MSM.

www.svherald.com...

Regards and Nameste,

-Chung
edit on 20-6-2011 by ChungTsuU because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 01:00 PM
link   
my liberal moment: mccains a bigot and racist!!!!!!

my right winger moment: many wildfires are started with open fires and given the location of the fire starting it could have been a illegal trail coming into the us which is possible.

personally i would have like a little more proof than just conjecture.
edit on 20-6-2011 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 01:10 PM
link   
I'm shocked that mcAmnesty blames the criminal invaders for anything!
The man loves 'em and has been trying to pass mass amnesty for years so for him to say they may have started the fire bears listening to and investigation.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join